Page 212 of 322 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262312 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Even if Emery has to say that he will use this summer's budget and next January's all this summer to make it happen.
    Sanllehi has been quoted as saying he doesn't 'believe' in the January window, hence the restrictions this year. We should expect the same going forward, so there's only one budget and that's this summer. We'll have to make do with whatever we can get for the budget available and try to make it work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Torreira was from Sampdoria, but I get what you mean.

Soon as Chelsea's 4th went in against us, that was the final nail in the coffin of a serious rebuild.

The best replacement for Ramsey is Milinkovic-savic(sp?) who we will never sign in a million years.

As I keep saying we are going to have make 1/2 key signings this summer and the rest have to be hopefuls / kids and affordable punts.

I'd be willing to throw the whole budget on Pepe and a young CB. Even if Emery has to say that he will use this summer's budget and next January's all this summer to make it happen.
    Yes that's kinda why I mentioned getting 1 player and not 2 really, 2 players out of a middle of the road team seems a lot, especially given we already took 1 of their players last summer, if Sampdoria were that good they would probably have been higher in the table, for both players to turn out being top class seems unlikely.

Yes he would cost a fortune though, missing out on top 4 was a big blow, but it's made worse by watching Man U who did even worse getting ready to spend millions (as they have season after season even when not in the CL).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Gotta say it's pretty sickening us getting linked with unknowns who play for middle of the road teams, when other top clubs are getting linked with top notch players.

Obviously many of these rumours won't come to fruition, but bit underwhelmed to be linked to two players from a mid table team like Sampdoria for example, if it was one you could probably be maybe he's their standout player, but two from a club who didn't do very well is not so great.

We seem to be looking for a Ramsey replacement, but all those supposed replacements don't really score many goals, I'm thinking we should be looking for a goalscoring box to box player as the midfield currently has no goals in it.
    I can live with shopping around more middling clubs, as long as we’re looking at younger players - anything from mid-20s up and odds are you’re looking at nothing special, if they haven’t been snaffled yet.

Not really sure who / what I’m looking for as a Ramsey replacement? His goals will be a miss if they’re not replaced, but I kind of feel that we should be looking more at LW, RW and ACM for those, and not dumping that burden on one of our CMs (who will have quite enough to be getting on with in the middle)? It’s his energy and drive that I want replaced more than anything - if we can find that in a more tactically savvy, less injury-prone player (and sort those wide areas out) then I think we’ll come out of it ok.

(Also high on my list for a new CM is the ability to resist / turn a high press.)
    Last edited by I am invisible; 11-06-2019 at 06:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do we need a Ramsey replacement, idiot coach doesn't even have an actual system. How Bout we just get a good young midfielder or actually develop one of our younger.

Signings like Carasco are so pointless at this point. Sell sell, buyout contracts. And just destroy and rebuild.

This is so clear as day. But with this management, we are doomed. Being Spanish or working at Barca shouldn't be your only qualification for a top level football job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PSG have reportedly offered 70m euros plus add ons for de Ligt.

Oh and the small offer of £340k a week in wages.

Please sign and turn out to be a huge flop or mistake, a la Neymar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spurs also talking to Lyon about Ndombélé (who??) who want 75m euros while Spuds want to pay 50m.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ndombele is one of the best young midfielders around. Can't see them getting that over the line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mendy has gone to Real from Lyon for a deal that could be worth 47m. Who??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    Mendy has gone to Real from Lyon for a deal that could be worth 47m. Who??
    Mendy
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Say it a third time and it still won’t fucking help