User Tag List

Page 134 of 322 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be no great loss, been here for 9 years and we've not improved at all, sure there's been changes recently but the guy was considering Arteta, enough to make me think he doesn't know what he's doing.

Commercially we're not even all that when compared with other big clubs, Milan are welcome to him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    It isn't anything like a new standard. I just think given the profile of the player he is worth it....and from a purely business asset point of view (not my personal inclination....just playing devil's advocate) it is certainly a reasonable investment.

Like I said, I get why others don't but I really believe he is. Like I also said, this is partly motivated by my being plagued with doubts about how good Leno is.... but when he finally plays for us, if he proves to be a worldie, I will rightfully congratulate the current regime on an excellent choice. It is about time we had a world class goalkeeper just as I thought after we finally signed Aubameyang it is about bloody time we had a world class forward.
    I have doubts about Leno too...feels very opportunist to me. So does Sokratis to a lesser extent...but that's for another thread.

I get both sides of the argument, spending 70million on a world class keeper sounds steep and blows our budget apart, but if we get 10 years decent service out of that investment then it's money well spent.

There is a risk to any signing regardless of the amount, you can spend 35million on someone (ahem mustafi and xhaka) and if they flop...which they have done...then they are very difficult to shift...especially at anywhere near the price we originally paid for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes sense. Pay these guys enough money and of course they’ll jump ship. This recent change at Arsenal has no impact on him. If he goes he’d just be replaced by some other faceless corporate twat.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Gazidis is going to AC Milan.

Weird.
    Hoping it's just him angling for a raise.

I mean he's won the years long power struggle and was finally able to bring on the power structure he wanted with Sven, Raul, Huss etc ..... to leave now after all that would be very strange. Especially to Milan who are a hot mess with no European football and new owners after the previous ones wern't able to pay their loans back.

Would be very worried if he left tbh. For all the shit he gets he does seem to at least know to say the right things and display some ambition. Worried that Kroenke would just bring a complete suit who won't even do that and instead be solely focused on profits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post

I mean he's won the years long power struggle and was finally able to bring on the power structure he wanted with Sven, Raul, Huss etc ..... to leave now after all that would be very strange. Especially to Milan who are a hot mess with no European football and new owners after the previous ones wern't able to pay their loans back.

Would be very worried if he left tbh. For all the shit he gets he does seem to at least know to say the right things and display some ambition. Worried that Kroenke would just bring a complete suit who won't even do that and instead be solely focused on profits.
    I've a feeling that Josh Kroenke would be the replacement.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post

That’s the story that’s been painted but we’ve no way of knowing whether it was Kroenke who wanted this structure, or if Josh has been sticking his oar in more.

Kroenke has said plenty of good things because he knows how to play the CEO role to a tee. But he’s delivered nothing. Whether that’s out of his hands or not, who knows. But we sure as hell aren’t challenging with Bayern as he said 5 years ago. We’ll hardly notice he’s gone if he walks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talking about keepers and Oblak Liverpool have bid £62 million for Alisson, they clearly think a decent keeper is worth big money.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44864358

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep hearing about this great engine that Ramsey has...Do people always go for repeating what other people tell them or believe the evidence of their own eyes. This myth of Ramsey's supposed great engine was first dropped by Cesc on his way out. Its BS. If Ramsey has an engine it is a diesel engine, minus the turbos. He cant even run very fast. Slow as fk and he is always injured. A slow unreliable diesel engine that is always in the workshop on repair.

Ramsey and his agent should scour the market and see who else needs a Transit van that thinks its a Ferrari. Good luck with that. None of the top 5 teams has a vacancy for him. Not 1.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    I keep hearing about this great engine that Ramsey has...Do people always go for repeating what other people tell them or believe the evidence of their own eyes. This myth of Ramsey's supposed great engine was first dropped by Cesc on his way out. Its BS. If Ramsey has an engine it is a diesel engine, minus the turbos. He cant even run very fast. Slow as fk and he is always injured. A slow unreliable diesel engine that is always in the workshop on repair.

Ramsey and his agent should scour the market and see who else needs a Transit van that thinks its a Ferrari. Good luck with that. None of the top 5 teams has a vacancy for him. Not 1.
    Nope, It's a fact that he has a good engine. Take a look at the distance covered stats and there's your proof. He spends the whole match running around the pitch like a headless chicken and he still has enough reserves in his tank to make those sprints into the box in the last 15 minutes when most of the other players are tired.

If only he had a brain to go with that engine...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I don't see a problem personally, though I agree about inflating the market, you say we can find talent but in 22 years we haven't found once top class keeper, if it was that easy most top clubs would find one and not bother buying one in. Chesney isn't top class IMO, good keeper and all that but not top class.

The reality is finding any top class player is hard, regardless of position, Spurs found Kane (we had him in fact but didn't rate him oddly) and didn't need to spend megabucks, Liverpool have found several top strikers at decent money as well.

Maybe not, but every club that has won the titlein England in recent times has had a top keeper I think, but it can make the difference between winning it and not winning it, in big games where chances are few and far between a keeper can be the difference between winning and losing
    You know why we haven't signed a top class keeper in years. The same applies to defenders and CM's. We'd still be talking about signing a top striker if not for Lacazette and Aubameyang. How in the world did Spurs beat us to Lloris?