User Tag List

Page 88 of 322 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyway, I'm liking some of these players we're linked with, hope they come to fruition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Don't think he could be that good.... otherwise he'd be the best player in the world....but it would be nice if he has a similar range of skills.

Seems in the same ilk of Keita.

I think Chambers, Mavropanos, Holding and Sonyuncu may be one too many young CB's to have around..... I wonder if Chambers or Holding have futures here if this is all true....
    More Kate than Cazorla, I'd say, although I do think he offers a mix of both. Think of Kate also attempting some of the things that Cazorla did and you probably won't be far off - not quite as graceful and slick, but still effective.

Not sure what the plan is with all these young CBs - it does feel like too many though. Seems likely that one / both of Chambers or Holding will be loaned or sold, if we bring in someine like Soyuncu.

Weren't we looking at Chambers playing DM at one point? I seem to remember himMaybe that's something we cab look into again (although that would probably mean we'll see another midfield casualty instead of a CB)...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Aye, my thoughts too mate.

Apparently Emery is bringing over his Goalkeeping coach who is supposed to be very good so I reckon things could work out quite well. Fingers crossed!

Not sure what Leno is like with his feet, will do a bit more digging today.
    Plus we'll have crazy Jens lurking somewhere in the background - he wouldn't dare make a mistake!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cech has a year left on his contract.

The plan will be to phase out Cech and phase in Leno.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love this Torreira signing. Always been a big fan of Uruguayan Mids and defenders.

They do the simple things very well. And they know how to play dirty without getting caught

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Torreira sounds like a good signing, Leno I'm not so sure about though:

Leno’s numbers last season were impressive, keeping 10 clean sheets in 33 Bundesliga appearances to help Leverkusen seal Europa League qualification. But questions remain over his concentration levels, boasting the unwanted record of committing the second-most errors leading to opposition goals among goalkeepers since the start of the 2015-16 season.
    He's also been left out of Germany's squad for the world cup, Stegen and Trapp were preferred to him. I've heard mixed stuff about him, some say he's decent and others say he's rubbish and not to go near him. An odd kind of signing really, generally you don't take chances with keepers, you buy keepers who have been at the top of their game.

Re Torreira that is kinda odd too, his release clause is £21.9 million and yet we want to pay £26.4 million, I don't get it.
    Last edited by Özim; 13-06-2018 at 04:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to reports we're trying to pay over time rather than one lump sum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the release clause has to be paid in full, up front - by paying more we can spread it across installments. Allegedly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think this guy summed Leno up pretty well:

@JanAageFjortoft: Bernd Leno to Arsenal seems to be just around the corner. Was a great talenter keeper. It’s fair to say he hasn’t “taken the next step”. But a move to England can be good for him.

Plus Bayer Leverkusen aren't exactly the best side, I bet he's had some suspect players in front of him.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be ecstatic with Torriera assuming it all goes through (I've got Arsenal PTSD about failed transfers).

Leno not so much. But we've finally got rid of the hack Peyton so maybe our Goalkeepers may actually improve and get better under a new GK coach. At any rate, apart from the freaks like Oblak & De Gea I think most half-decent GK's have the potential to be competent with the right coaching & setup.