User Tag List

Page 59 of 322 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubameyang's Wang View Post
    My guess is that we can easily generate £30-£40m by shifting 2-3 players that are dross.

That gives us £80-£90m to spend and then bring through some a couple of the promising youngsters, Riess Nelson, Nketiah, AMN to help bulk out the squad.
    Now we have someone who is good at developing talent and actually utilising it, we have the option to bring them into the team successfully and use them when we need to.
    well both chambers and holding are young to so maybe with the right coaching these guys could become our centre back partnership for years to come. they aren't no hopers like mustafi and have time on their side.

we could do with some defensive midfield beef and I wouldn't be adversed to getting rid of Ozil if someone comes in with a £40m-50m.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    I think it's mostly a tactical and cultural mess that he's left - I'm not saying that I'm expecting all of our players to suddenly turn into the very best in the world in their positions, but I don't think half of them are as bad as they've been made to look with our casual, make-it-up-while-you're-out there approach, where there's never any consequences or incentive to improve. Most of the problems I see aren't necessarily down to a lack of talent - it's that we constantly get caught with our pants down because our players aren't prepared, and don't have a plan to deal with anything less than perfect playing conditions.

Come on Zim, you've got to be a little bit excited to see what a proper coach can do with this group? If for no other reason than to prove that Wenger was holding us back.
    I'm excited about the new manager and what he can do with the club, I'm not excited at the prospect of keeping hold of these sub par Wenger signings, to change this club we also need to change the players Wenger brought in, they just don't fit into the project and the new manager need to bring in his own players not re-use those of the previous manager, he needs to build his own team, IMO a number of the players the club aren't good enough and never will be, Xhaka and Mustafi are two of the worst signings in the clubs history pound for pound.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubameyang's Wang View Post
    My guess is that we can easily generate £30-£40m by shifting 2-3 players that are dross.

That gives us £80-£90m to spend and then bring through some a couple of the promising youngsters, Riess Nelson, Nketiah, AMN to help bulk out the squad.
    Now we have someone who is good at developing talent and actually utilising it, we have the option to bring them into the team successfully and use them when we need to.
    Yeah that would be good, just think that the new manager needs to bring some of his own players in to make the team his, selling the dross works for me

I'm keen on a total shift away from the past, which for me was an awful period in the clubs history, much of the team are part and parcel of that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    well both chambers and holding are young to so maybe with the right coaching these guys could become our centre back partnership for years to come. they aren't no hopers like mustafi and have time on their side.

we could do with some defensive midfield beef and I wouldn't be adversed to getting rid of Ozil if someone comes in with a £40m-50m.
    Chambers and Holding are Wenger signings and we know that he really knows little about defending so I don't hold much hope for them, think we need some new players at the back, neither of those two have shown they are good enough in any way and I'm not convinced they are, you need the talent in the 1st place a manager can't make that magically appear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I'm excited about the new manager and what he can do with the club, I'm not excited at the prospect of keeping hold of these sub par Wenger signings, to change this club we also need to change the players Wenger brought in, they just don't fit into the project and the new manager need to bring in his own players not re-use those of the previous manager, he needs to build his own team, IMO a number of the players the club aren't good enough and never will be, Xhaka and Mustafi are two of the worst signings in the clubs history pound for pound.
    Yeah, I'm not really fussed about Mustafi - I suspect he'd look considerably better in an organised defence, but I'm not sure I can actually be bothered going to all the effort, especially if we're rumoured to be after a couple of new CBs.

I'd be OK with giving Xhaka a chance under Emery - I think a lot of his problems stem from Wenger asking him to get up and down the pitch (like he did with all of his midfielders) when he just doesn't have the athleticism for it. If we camped him in front of the CBs, reduced the miles he has to cover, and let him quarterback the play, I think we'd see a big improvement in him.

BUT... I think there's a very good chance that you might get your wish with Xhaka. One of the consistent themes in all of Emery's teams is a defensive midfielder who can drop back and almost become a 3rd CB when the fullbacks get forward, and that just doesn't sound like Xhaka. Not sure where that leaves him really...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Italian press reporting that we are after Roma’s Lorenzo Pellegrini.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chambers and Holding are Wenger signings and we know that he really knows little about defending so I don't hold much hope for them, think we need some new players at the back, neither of those two have shown they are good enough in any way and I'm not convinced they are, you need the talent in the 1st place a manager can't make that magically appear.
    Not sure i agree i think Chambers showed promise and also Holding.

Surely Per can also help with defensive coaching as well as his other duties, he knows a lot more about it than Steve Bould

Just proper organisation in front of them will help too, remember Wenger turned Kos, an extremly good defender, into an injury-prione wreck, getting sent off for desperate challenges as the side fell apart around him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep! Get rid. Not good enough.
    We can offload them to West Ham for 15m each.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In talks with Lichtsteiner on a free. Allegedly.

Anyone watch Juve much? Does he still have the legs to do a job in the prem? I'm guessing he'd probably be a backup for Bellerin, so maybe it doesn't matter too much...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6 foot tall, 7 time Seria A winner, played 32 times for a title winning Juve last season.

Under Wenger I'd be against it but now we have SAS + Ivan + Emery, yes please.

SASIE