User Tag List

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Scum away. Saturday 12.30pm. BT shite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Kane says being released from Arsenal aged 8 is the best thing that's ever happened to him.

If he'd won a trophy by now then that would have been, but he hasn't. We've won a few since getting rid of the lispy cunt though.
    All ex-Arsenal wide boy dopey gits ends up in that dump. Like that twat Bentley.

(except Jack)
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard to know how to play this as so many played really well last game but considering Spurs will leave space behind I'd throw caution to the win with a finger on the Ramsey button if needed and spend the week drilling the midfield and making sure they are looking to cover Mhiki and Hector when they venture forward.

---------------Ospina----------------

-----Mustafi----Kos----Monreal------

Bell-----Wilshere----Elneny----Mhiki

-----------------Ozil-------------------

----------Lacaz-----Aubame----------
    Last edited by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice; 06-02-2018 at 04:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We really need to win this one to put that lot in their place after beating them earlier on in the season. I still think they will take the last spot for top 4 so a win against them on Saturday will still give them something to worry about.

HCZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Hard to know how to play this as so many played really well last game but considering Spurs will leave space behind I'd throw caution to the win with a finger on the Ramsey button if needed and spend the week drilling the midfield and making sure they are looking to cover Mhiki and Hector when they venture forward.

---------------Ospina----------------

-----Mustafi----Kos----Monreal------

Bell-----Wilshere----Elneny----Mhiki

-----------------Ozil-------------------

----------Lacaz-----Aubame----------

Mine would be similar except no Monreal (too slow will get murdered by Aurier) unless you’re proposing to play Mhkytarian as a wing back

And no back three

Kolasinac is strong enough to deal with Aurier as well as pacey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was yes....it's not ideal but I figured if we can make Iwobi do it on occasion then why not Mhiki? I know many find it perverse to play such players there but if we accept a wingers defensive duties in a 442 (even if it is covered by others in practice) why can't we in a back 3 system? I also am unconvinced by Kola, especially of late and think he has done little to warrant a start over AMN, a player who I would be wanting to play in midfield were it not the North London derby.

HCZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I was yes....it's not ideal but I figured if we can make Iwobi do it on occasion then why not Mhiki? I know many find it perverse to play such players there but if we accept a wingers defensive duties in a 442 (even if it is covered by others in practice) why can't we in a back 3 system? I also am unconvinced by Kola, especially of late and think he has done little to warrant a start over AMN, a player who I would be wanting to play in midfield were it not the North London derby.
    He’s hardly played enough to convince anyone one way or the other

Like I say putting Monreal up against Aurier which you would almost certainly end up doing because Mhkytarian would drift out of position is not an option.

Well it is an option, if the option is “we want to lose this game”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't know that Aurier will even definitely play...but that is why I suggested El neny and Wilshere should be drilled on covering full backs (not to say I expect it to happen).

RE: Kolasanic.......There are two things at hand. One is whether he has convinced me enough to reasonably imagine him being the long term left back.

....the other is whether he has convinced me enough of whether he should start this particular game. He may yet convince me of the former but as of yet he has convinced me of neither.

It's a risky strategy with Mhikitarayan but I prefer to throw caution to wind as I don't think we are going to cautiously tip tap our way into the top 4 from the position we find ourselves in now.

Wenger won't play him there in that system anyway, as well you know.
    Last edited by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice; 07-02-2018 at 12:02 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My team that I suggested the other day is the correct one. So I'm not sure why people are debating this.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mauricio Pochettino fears that English football’s tendency towards over-analysis, and its fixation on minor issues like diving, is slowly “killing the game”. Speaking after Dele Alli was booked for simulation in the 2-2 draw against Liverpool at Anfield on Sunday - his third such offence in as many seasons - Pochettino voiced his belief that the general mood of moral panic within the game, over what he described as “minimal details”, risks stifling football’s natural expression.

Pochettino also reserved harsh judgement for the use of video technology, saying that human refereeing errors were an intrinsic part of the game. Likewise, he argued that simulation on the pitch, while an offence rightly punishable under the laws of the game, was simply a sporting tactic rather than anything more sinister, insisting: “Football is about trying to trick your opponent.”

The Tottenham manager has admitted in the past that during his playing days at Newell’s Old Boys and Estudiantes, diving to win a penalty from the referee was regarded as a skill, one even practised in training. And Pochettino’s distaste for English moralising is underpinned by the fact that it was his leg over which Michael Owen dived during the 2002 World Cup, ultimately sending England through to the knockout stages at Argentina’s expense.

Doubtless Pochettino will be accused in some quarters of giving divers a free pass. Yet equally, he deserves a good deal of credit for trying to convey a nuanced, intelligent sentiment in a language that is not his first. He agreed that Alli’s dive merited a booking, although he denied that Alli was beginning to develop a bad reputation amongst referees. But it was the froth and furore that followed which he found most baffling.

“Look, it was a yellow card,” he said. “It happens. The referee was right. During different games, a lot of situations like this happen. The problem now is that we are so sensitive about the situation, and then we are so focused on Dele Alli. It’s too much sometimes. There is such a focus on this type of situation. I think it’s a minimal issue.

“Look, there are a lot of positives from Dele. Of course, he's not perfect. Nobody is perfect. Of course, he is a clever boy. He is a little bit nasty. The problem is that, more than this type of situation, I am worried we are going to change the game that we know.”

Mauricio Pochettino has stressed that commentators shouldn't be overly fixated on Dele Alli's diving antics (Getty)
    Whereupon the discussion abruptly opened out into broader themes: into the media, into English exceptionalism, into the very essence of the game. “Football is a creative sport,” he said, “in which you need the talent that grows in a very intelligent person, a very smart brain. And now we are so focused on minimal details. I am worried that in a few years, we are pushing the sport we love now - a passionate sport that people love to watch around the world - into a very rigid structure. With VAR, with focusing too much on small actions like this.

“Football is about trying to trick your opponent - yes or no? Tactics – what does ‘tactic’ mean? When you do tactics, it is to try to trick the opponent. You play on the right, but you finish on the left. Twenty years ago, thirty years ago, we all congratulated a player when he tricks the referee like this. That is the football that I was in love with when I was a child. Yes, in Argentina, but in England too. You believe that in England you were honest and always perfect?”

Finally, Pochettino argued that referees should simply be allowed to officiate and make errors unmolested by instant judgement and granular video analysis. “I am worried that maybe we are going to kill the game,” he said. “We love this game. Referees are humans too, and sometimes they are right, sometimes they are not right. In 10 months, over the whole season, sometimes it is against you, sometimes it is for you. For me, I like this type of football.

“My worry is this: of course if you dive, and the referee saw you, you are punished. And he deserves it. But don’t go more crazy.”

After a turbulent few days, Alli will probably be grateful for a night away from the spotlight, as he is set to be rested for Tottenham’s FA Cup fourth-round replay against Newport County at Wembley on Wednesday night. Pochettino said he would make several changes, with crunch games against Arsenal and Juventus coming up in the next week. Toby Alderweireld and Danny Rose could both return from injury, while Harry Winks, Fernando Llorente, Juan Foyth and Serge Aurier are all in contention for a start.

Naturally, Tottenham will remain heavy favourites against their League Two opposition, who will be bringing almost 8,000 fans to Wembley from South Wales. With Newport receiving 45 per cent of gate receipts, plus television revenue, this season’s cup run could end up earning the club around £700,000 - a third of their annual budget.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...-a8197946.html

Again, shameless. And this is what we'll have to put up on Saturday, 'trying to trick the opponent'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully we win with a few dodgy decisions and dives, I’d like to see how he feels then.