User Tag List

Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Scum away. Saturday 12.30pm. BT shite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ View Post
    Because he’s average and slow. Spurs have a lot of pace in their side, if we are holding onto a lead and Spurs are leggy by all means bring him on to hold onto what we have.
    Why don't you value brains, or knowing where to stand, how to track your man, or how to defend, or how to cross a ball, or how to be an actual goal threat.....because those are all things he displays more consistently than any other individual in our back line.

I'd say those are staple qualities necessary in any game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is definitely a cultural difference in how diving is seen

The British mentality is that it’s just cheating pure and simple and a game isn’t worth playing unless you play by the rules

Different cultures believe that it’s devious and clever

There is a very good book on the subject of football and cultural views - Those Feet by David Winner
    Trevor Francis, Gary Lineker, Chris Waddle, Steve McManaman Michael Owen, Steven Gerrard, Wayne Rooney, Wayne Rooney, Wayne Rooney, Youngie, Wayne Rooney, Harry Kane, Deli Alli and Wayne Rooney. A diver for every era and the British mentality was suspended to ignore or forgive most of them.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because he’s average and slow. Spurs have a lot of pace in their side, if we are holding onto a lead and Spurs are leggy by all means bring him on to hold onto what we have.
    Wengerbot will stick with the same team that beat Everton and he'll approach the game in exactly the same way and make no allowances for the spuds whatsoever.

Unless he's going to change everything about himself as a football manager by the weekend.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What was Your team NQ...humour me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cech (now Butterball because of injury to Cech)

Bellend - Kos - Monreal - Kolabottle

Mkhitnazi - Rambo - Wheelchair - Sicknote

Lucazade - Aubergine
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4-4-2 all the way with Rambo and Jack under strict instructions not to be dickheads and with Miki and Ozil reminded they need to help out a bit with some of the crappy stuff.

Laca would be a great link man for Auba I think. The former is technical and good in compressed spaces, although Wenger might have totally killed his confidence by now I suppose. But nothing like a good performance and a win against the spuds to get it back.
    Für eure Sicherheit

HCZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Cech (now Butterball because of injury to Cech)

Bellend - Kos - Monreal - Kolabottle

Mkhitnazi - Rambo - Wheelchair - Sicknote

Lucazade - Aubergine
    Swap Ramsey and Monreal for Elneny and Mustafi and that would be my team

HCZ
    Trevor Francis, Gary Lineker, Chris Waddle, Steve McManaman Michael Owen, Steven Gerrard, Wayne Rooney, Wayne Rooney, Wayne Rooney, Youngie, Wayne Rooney, Harry Kane, Deli Alli and Wayne Rooney. A diver for every era and the British mentality was suspended to ignore or forgive most of them.
    That’s hypocrisy rather than cultural, we abhor Diving apart from when we think it benefits us.

If Aubemeyang dives to get a penalty to win the game at Spurs on Saturday in injury time I’m not going to lie and pretend I give a shit. If Delle Ali or Harry Kane pull that shit I will be livid.

South Americans generally don’t have a problem with it full stop.
    Last edited by HCZ; 07-02-2018 at 01:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Swap Ramsey and Monreal for Elneny and Mustafi and that would be my team
    Mustafi must be kept a thousand miles away from the pitch. He'll be easy pickings for Alli and Kane, with all his diving in and last ditch stuff. They'll take maximum advantage.

And Elneny is slow, shit, fat and gay - really gone off him and would prefer we get rid. Ramsey is coming off the back of a hat-trick. Plus he's got more experience dealing with spuds.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4-4-2 all the way with Rambo and Jack under strict instructions not to be dickheads and with Miki and Ozil reminded they need to help out a bit with some of the crappy stuff.

Laca would be a great link man for Auba I think. The former is technical and good in compressed spaces, although Wenger might have totally killed his confidence by now I suppose. But nothing like a good performance and a win against the spuds to get it back.
    I think you would need to tie a piece of rope between the pair of them given Ramsey's instincts and the fact he's suddenly high on goals again with the latest hat trick........and even then Ramsey would drag Wilshere out of position and expose them both.

My worry is that if you play a 2 man midfield against Spurs' 3 with Dembele in there, then they will simply boss the game in midfield like they did for spells against Man United.

If they boss the game in midfield then they will continually supply Kane.....and to my mind even better than his actual finishing, Kane's greatest attribute is the frequency of opportunities he gets for himself, a little like Andy Cole at United used to.

I can't remember which podcast I heard it on....but they were suggesting that the latest stats show it is frequency of chances a team should focus on rather than the actual quality of them. Oh it was the Arsenal vision podcast and unsurprisingly they were talking about Cavani, who is an interesting subject matter regarding quality of finishing and frequency of chances.