User Tag List

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: Sp*rs match reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spurs away, City away and Liverpool away we were second best on the day and there can be no complaints. However, losses to Stoke, Bournemouth etc were simply unacceptable and are the reason we are so far behind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not being funny but it's no wonder we're losing away from home so much when we're playing Xhaka, it's just like playing with 10 men. He offers nothing going forward, can't tackle, but what's worse is he spends most of his time ball watching, I've lost count of the number times the opposition get a goal and he's just jogging around casually not pressing the ball, really that's just not acceptable.

Any normal manager would have spotted this and tried something different in midfield, when you've got a player in CM who just doesn't really work hard or chase the ball you're in trouble, he's a passenger, we should have dropped him and tried a combination of the others, admitedly we don't have the solution in the squad becuse we never signed a decent DM, but anything is better than Xhaka, the sooner we get rid of this chump the better, he's one of Wengers worst signings, to think people thought he was good before he came, he's absolutely horrendous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Not being funny but it's no wonder we're losing away from home so much when we're playing Xhaka, it's just like playing with 10 men. He offers nothing going forward, can't tackle, but what's worse is he spends most of his time ball watching, I've lost count of the number times the opposition get a goal and he's just jogging around casually not pressing the ball, really that's just not acceptable.

Any normal manager would have spotted this and tried something different in midfield, when you've got a player in CM who just doesn't really work hard or chase the ball you're in trouble, he's a passenger, we should have dropped him and tried a combination of the others, admitedly we don't have the solution in the squad becuse we never signed a decent DM, but anything is better than Xhaka, the sooner we get rid of this chump the better, he's one of Wengers worst signings, to think people thought he was good before he came, he's absolutely horrendous.
    cant argue with that, Xhaka is a left footed Denilson (who also, incidentally, stunk up the place for a lot longer than he should before being sold) and is costing us points every other game, esp away from home. Liverpool targeted him back in August and got a lot of joy, other teams have also marked him as our weak link.

He is slow on the ball, slow without the ball and i cannot remember seeing him sprint during a game.

HCZ
    sweet, sweet consensus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s not even really about being slow on the ball, plenty of players have dominated midfields without being particularly quick. It’s about his reading of the game which sucks balls.

HCZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    It’s not even really about being slow on the ball, plenty of players have dominated midfields without being particularly quick. It’s about his reading of the game which sucks balls.
    I think it’s also lacking the physical strength or the desire to do anything other than the easy short pass

We definitely lack pace in the midfield generally. None of our central midfielders can sprint. Whilst you don’t need everyone to sprint you need someone who can

HCZ
    To add some more light onto our miserable away record. Only twice this season have we scored more than one goal.

This was slightly better from where the away record run started last season where we scored more than once five times from 12 (in those games we won 4 and drew one)

Compare that to the previous 26 away games where we scored on average two goals a game, and found the net more than once on 16 of those 26 games (11 wins, 4 draws and one defeat)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ View Post
    I think it’s also lacking the physical strength or the desire to do anything other than the easy short pass

We definitely lack pace in the midfield generally. None of our central midfielders can sprint. Whilst you don’t need everyone to sprint you need someone who can
    definitely

the more i read all this the more i agree re xhaka - i thought he had promise at first but a few early clumsy tackles meant the refs targeted him, so i think he's been neutralised as a tackler, he's not quick and although we should still give him credit for the odd good forward pass we're only getting about 1 per game now from what I've seen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe the problem is that xhaka isn't getting booked or sent off anymore so is available for every game. he must be one of the worst £30m+ signings around.... him and Mustafi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ View Post
    sweet, sweet consensus
    Bitter, bitter consensus. Because the one guy who can do anything about this - won't. He won't even listen to moderate and constructive criticism from club legends.
    Für eure Sicherheit