User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ostersunds match reaction

HCZ
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Just taking a quick look at the channel, all of the most viewed post-match videos are following defeats. At least the top 30, I stopped counting there.

the place feeds off negativity.
    I don’t know why I said win. Still early. No clearly it’s going to get more hits after defeat because as I say it’s a contentious issue

But when people are fed up they want to wallow.

What the accusation is essentially is that the anger is manufactured
    Last edited by HCZ; 16-02-2018 at 10:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Just taking a quick look at the channel, all of the most viewed post-match videos are following defeats. At least the top 30, I stopped counting there.

the place feeds off negativity.
    Nature of the beast. The News is always shite because good news is no news.

Also with AFTV a lot of the hits when we lose are from rival fans who love watching the same characters lose their shit.

My issue with AFTV is that it really isn’t Arsenal Fan TV. Robbie says it trades of giving fans a voice. When he started it, this is exactly what it did.

Not now though. Where is the fan voice in what has become a parody of a shitshow?

Robbie gives a voice only to the same old same old. All the time. He decided long ago that chasing hits was more important than the reason he started this venture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ View Post
    Apart from Spurs at home what good results have we had this season?
    And look at certain people's response to that in the match reaction thread.
    And it's not just this season which has been admittedly craptacular. Some people have been doing this wallowing for years, even in seasons when things were better and we did get more good results.

EDIT: Chelsea at home in the Hokey Cokey Cup too. Same air of being slightly irritated that we got a bit lucky with the goals,
    If you can't enjoy moments like that, even in a crappy season, then what is the point of any of this?

HCZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall Quinn View Post

Also with AFTV a lot of the hits when we lose are from rival fans who love watching the same characters lose their shit.

My issue with AFTV is that it really isn’t Arsenal Fan TV. Robbie says it trades of giving fans a voice. When he started it, this is exactly what it did.

Not now though. Where is the fan voice in what has become a parody of a shitshow?

Robbie gives a voice only to the same old same old. All the time. He decided long ago that chasing hits was more important than the reason he started this venture.

Oh he sold out did he?

This is guys now primary source of income. You are going to get more hits from Ty and Claude Punch and Judy act, DT effing and blinding and being able to count the amount of times Troopz says fam or blud in a three minute timeframe.

The format is what it is and I can’t blame Robbie for exploiting that

What I don’t believe though is that the anger, frustration and now almost ennui the fans feel is in anyway artificial

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall Quinn View Post

I disagree with that. The most popular guys on Arsenal Fan TV get the high numbers. People flock to watch those videos. But there are plenty of new speakers he hands the mic to each week. They're just not popular.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    And look at certain people's response to that in the match reaction thread.
    And it's not just this season which has been admittedly craptacular. Some people have been doing this wallowing for years, even in seasons when things were better and we did get more good results.

EDIT: Chelsea at home in the Hokey Cokey Cup too. Same air of being slightly irritated that we got a bit lucky with the goals,
    If you can't enjoy moments like that, even in a crappy season, then what is the point of any of this?
    Yet, you haven't closed down GW. If GW was making a profit, would that somehow make you less of fan for running this site?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of opposition fans do watch the videos after bad results to lol at us.
    Maybe that doesn't really matter.
    #bantz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one wants to watch videos of fans praising players or tactics. You get enough of that from pundits on TV.

AFTV went viral because you got to hear real, candid opinions from lifelong, match going fans. My guess is also that their main demographic is the younger generation who see these guys almost like celebrities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bellerin hasn't even been at the club as long as most of the fans who have suffered through the Mad King's last decade. All the fans can do is put up with it. Bellerin could actually do something about it. Instead, he can't be bothered to learn how to cross a ball. So maybe he should get on and do that? Anything he has to say until he gets his own shit sorted out should be treated with the contempt it deserves.

As for the win last night - fuck that. Who cares? If you get down in Wenger's shit and grime you might be able to pull some sort of victory out of Wenger's arsehole. But look at it from even a moderate distance and you can see the following:

- A big club like Arsenal pubbing it out with Swedish nobodies in a nobody cup.

- The spuds and Liverpool, teams we were comfortably superior to, playing in the tournament that was meant to be the be all, end all and has led our club to chasing 4th instead of 1st. A mentality that has destroyed us. We can't even get in that cup any more.

- Arsene Wenger and his small band of profit hungry execs and rather limit and non-committal players getting richer and richer and the club bank balance climbing higher and higher.

So not a pretty picture at all and so far from a cause for celebration it's easily a plane trip back to reality.

Context is everything and only in its absence could you possibly conceive last night's result as being in any way significant.

In the right context - what does any reasonable person expect an operation like AFTV, or any fan group related to Arsenal, to be focused on? The odd win and the odd decent performance? We get what, maybe 3 decent performances a season these days?

I wonder why all the doom and gloom tops the charts then? What a shocking revelation, in light of the shocking reality of the shit state of this club and the incompetent, greedy bastards running it. We should be happy about that?

No. Sorry. What would it say about our fan base if the majority of fans were HAPPY with the shit going on?

People need to be very careful here. The Pro-Wenger, anti-Arsenal lot, with all their holier-than-thou crap about supporting the team when our own fucking owners, execs and the manager won't support the fucking team, are going to ride any sort of success we have in the Tin Pot Cups to try to make a case for their anti-hero Wenger.

Don't fall for it. The only positive thing a fan can do is stay right on Wenger's arse and keep putting the pressure on. Don't let up for a second or this cunt will find a way to slip back in, carried their by the toads and quislings that have fawned over him and kept him at the helm 10 years beyond his dispose of date.

Don't buy into this shit and don't let them question your loyalty to the club or blame you for their fuck ups and their slavish devotion to a prick who never liked them, doesn't respect them and treats them like shit on his shoe. If that lot can't muster any dignity or self respect then why should you pay any heed to a word they have to say.

Ignore them and get on with the positive and necessary task of getting Wenger out.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Bellerin hasn't even been at the club as long as most of the fans who have suffered through the Mad King's last decade. All the fans can do is put up with it. Bellerin could actually do something about it. Instead, he can't be bothered to learn how to cross a ball. So maybe he should get on and do that? Anything he has to say until he gets his own shit sorted out should be treated with the contempt it deserves.

As for the win last night - fuck that. Who cares? If you get down in Wenger's shit and grime you might be able to pull some sort of victory out of Wenger's arsehole. But look at it from even a moderate distance and you can see the following:

- A big club like Arsenal pubbing it out with Swedish nobodies in a nobody cup.

- The spuds and Liverpool, teams we were comfortably superior to, playing in the tournament that was meant to be the be all, end all and has led our club to chasing 4th instead of 1st. A mentality that has destroyed us. We can't even get in that cup any more.

- Arsene Wenger and his small band of profit hungry execs and rather limit and non-committal players getting richer and richer and the club bank balance climbing higher and higher.

So not a pretty picture at all and so far from a cause for celebration it's easily a plane trip back to reality.

Context is everything and only in its absence could you possibly conceive last night's result as being in any way significant.

In the right context - what does any reasonable person expect an operation like AFTV, or any fan group related to Arsenal, to be focused on? The odd win and the odd decent performance? We get what, maybe 3 decent performances a season these days?

I wonder why all the doom and gloom tops the charts then? What a shocking revelation, in light of the shocking reality of the shit state of this club and the incompetent, greedy bastards running it. We should be happy about that?

No. Sorry. What would it say about our fan base if the majority of fans were HAPPY with the shit going on?

People need to be very careful here. The Pro-Wenger, anti-Arsenal lot, with all their holier-than-thou crap about supporting the team when our own fucking owners, execs and the manager won't support the fucking team, are going to ride any sort of success we have in the Tin Pot Cups to try to make a case for their anti-hero Wenger.

Don't fall for it. The only positive thing a fan can do is stay right on Wenger's arse and keep putting the pressure on. Don't let up for a second or this cunt will find a way to slip back in, carried their by the toads and quislings that have fawned over him and kept him at the helm 10 years beyond his dispose of date.

Don't buy into this shit and don't let them question your loyalty to the club or blame you for their fuck ups and their slavish devotion to a prick who never liked them, doesn't respect them and treats them like shit on his shoe. If that lot can't muster any dignity or self respect then why should you pay any heed to a word they have to say.

Ignore them and get on with the positive and necessary task of getting Wenger out.