User Tag List

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ostersunds (H). Thursday 8.05pm. BT Shite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree it's embarrassing being in it, but on football anorak terms it's been quite fun seeing Arsenal playing different teams and the away fans are always good fun

i'll be at the home tie on Thursday despite it being virtually a dead rubber, just for the novelty value

But the club needs to have the attitude that this is a short visit to the Europa league, not a permanent residency...

and i think the minute we meet one of the CL dropouts we'll be out anyway...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When did we get so big for our boots and think we're too good for the Europa League?
    Sheesh, in my day we rarely qualified for Europe. I know more teams do now but Man Utd won the thing last year.
    It's still a European competition and it's the best we have on offer right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to win it. We're a club starved of any kind of European success, it would be a really big deal for us.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I’m concerned winning it would represent a successful season.

It would be fun to win the Milk Cup but that’s completely tin pot. This competition is what our season hinges on.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should be winning it tbh, it's the very least we should be aiming for at this current time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Half the fans have been trained, not just to accept second best, but to feel grateful for it. This has been Wenger's most intolerable achievement.

This isn't about arrogance or snobbery. This is about a club with multiple times more resource than many of the clubs playing in the CL, a club with just as many resources as the chavs, more than Liverpool, more than the spuds, falling to a relatively lowly level due to the complacency of the owner, the club hierarchy, most certainly the manager (definitely that cunt) and also the fans. The fans have to carry a lot of the blame for what has happened to the club.

I suppose every club is allowed a blip. Utd, the chavs, they failed to qualify for Europe or even the Europa. But these clubs double their efforts and struggle back to the top. At Arsenal, as each new low is achieved it becomes the new norm. We now accept we aren't a top 2 club. And we also accept we aren't a top 4 club. And we also accept we won't be getting back into the CL and can't compete even if we got there. And we accept and even look forward to competing in the Europa league. And we also value the "Your Name Here" Cup. New lows. I don't think it's snobbery to point out just what an awful job the manager is doing with the amazing amount of resources at his disposal or what an incredible rip-off this club is or just how little ambition some of our fans possess.

With a combination of this owner, this manager and half the fans who go along with it all, little wonder we are sinking towards the bottom with no sign of arrest. No ambition and an open embrace for each new low as it arrives.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    As far as I’m concerned winning it would represent a successful season.

It would be fun to win the Milk Cup but that’s completely tin pot. This competition is what our season hinges on.
    If Wenger beats one of the best ever premier league sides with one of his worst teams (albeit not man for man but as a team) it will be some achievement and will add a little more significance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    If Wenger beats one of the best ever premier league sides with one of his worst teams (albeit not man for man but as a team) it will be some achievement and will add a little more significance.
    It would add some gloss I suppose and I guess beating this City team is something to crow about seeing as they've only lost 2 games all season.
    If we won it but then continued to bomb in the league and exited the Europa, it would be forgotten about before season is even out though.

I reckon City will spank us anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think the club or Wenger would let us forget, lol....particularly as it would fast become the piece of driftwood keeping them afloat in the circumstances you describe.

Like you I fear a spanking...but to be honest, I just really want us to win it, so even if we lose by a narrow margin I'll be gutted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stuck in 2 minds.

Would love to win a trophy and add it to the ranks but at the same time, a trophy will probably mean another extension.