User Tag List

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Wenger's future, possible extension and possible... departure?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asked Arsene Wenger about his future at pre-match news conference: “My position is the last worry I have at the moment. I don’t ask you if your position is reviewed at the end of the season.” #AFC #SSN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's cracking up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand how people think they have the right to question his performance. Don't they know he has a contract?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do you look at me?

HCZ
    In fairness, he might not have to concern himself with tomorrow’s game. I am not convinced it will even go ahead

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not convinced he'll be gone in the summer, the club would have to push him out as he won't leave of his own accord, IMO he'll think he can win the title next season and will want to carry on, he doesn't care what other people think, plus the 8 million a year and the fact he never breaks contracts and has nothing else in his life will just add to that.

From what I can tell he's doesn't look too concerned after defeats, in the post match interview he seemed quite chirpy, he's doesn't seem to have noticed our season has been a disaster, when asked if we'll focus on the EL now, he just said we're focussing on winning the next game, I reckon he still thinks top 4 is on and will continue to prioritise that over the EL.
    Last edited by Özim; 28-02-2018 at 10:15 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I'm not convinced he'll be gone in the summer, the club would have to push him out as he won't leave of his own accord, IMO he'll think he can win the title next season and will want to carry on, he doesn't care what other people think, plus the 8 million a year and the fact he never breaks contracts and has nothing else in his life will just add to that.

From what I can tell he's doesn't look too concerned after defeats, in the post match interview he seemed quite chirpy, he's doesn't seem to have noticed our season has been a disaster, when asked if we'll focus on the EL now, he just said we're focussing on winning the next game, I reckon he still thinks top 4 is on and will continue to prioritise that over the EL.
    Agreed

It'll take someone to push him and the final decision rests with Kroenke anyway, who loves him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We mustn't forget that he has turned down offers from all of the top clubs to stay with us. He hasn't mentioned that in a few weeks.

HCZ
    The issue is not whether he will walk away, of course that will never happen

It’s a case of whether the club will get rid of him. Kroenke likes and admires Wenger but that won’t save him, the American may be a cunt who only cares about money but he’s not stupid.

It will be decided on what happens in games between now and the end of the season. We have lost 50% of our games in 2018 and Wengers petulant response is more “I don’t want to talk about this”

There’s no guarantee he will be