User Tag List

Page 29 of 48 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Wenger's future, possible extension and possible... departure?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermerree View Post
    One has to earn respect.
    He did that years ago.
    I know some people have lost respect for him. Even I have a bit.
    I do thing some of the excesses of abuse are...well, excessive though.
    We literally won the FA Cup last year, the 3rd in 4 years. Even this year, by far his worst season I'd say, we'll almost certainly finish 6th, we've got to a Cup Final and we're probably going to be in the quarter finals of the Europa League. We're hardly on the brink of relegation.
    He's failed to challenge for the biggest prizes, with our resources that isn't good enough.
    How many clubs would you actually have swapped places with over the last few years?

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would rather be challenging for and winning the PL every season than measuring success on a few good cup runs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubameyang's Wang View Post
    I would rather be challenging for and winning the PL every season than measuring success on a few good cup runs.
    So would I. But how many clubs would you say over the last 4 years have had better results? Not many.
    I'd say the level of abuse is out of proportion with the actual situation.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    So would I. But how many clubs would you say over the last 4 years have had better results? Not many.
    Most other clubs have changed managers or sacked them when they have been shit in the last 4 years, and I'n not bothered about other clubs, I'm only bothered about Arsenal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He did that years ago.
    I know some people have lost respect for him. Even I have a bit.
    I do thing some of the excesses of abuse are...well, excessive though.
    We literally won the FA Cup last year, the 3rd in 4 years. Even this year, by far his worst season I'd say, we'll almost certainly finish 6th, we've got to a Cup Final and we're probably going to be in the quarter finals of the Europa League. We're hardly on the brink of relegation.
    He's failed to challenge for the biggest prizes, with our resources that isn't good enough.
    How many clubs would you actually have swapped places with over the last few years?
    He certainly has nothing but contempt for you and every other fan. He's demonstrated that beyond any question. You can judge him by his weasel words or his actions, which thunder at 10 times the volume. Selfish cunt of a bloke. No respect for him whatsoever and why on earth would I?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop dodging the question. We have no divine right to be champions every year, with City, Chelsea and Utd all able to outspend us it's never going to be like back in the day where we'll be top 2 every season.
    How many clubs do you actually think have had a better few years? I'd say not many. So is Wenger doing THAT bad a job?
    He is in that we've not been challenging and we do have the resources to do that, but I think the level of abuse is out of proportion to the actual situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those cups cover all sins, don't they?

No title challenge, no European challenge, shit boring football, our rivals handing out routine beatings, routine humiliations, the laughing stock of the league, lies, lies and more lies, outrageous rip-off prices...

And this cup here. The one our rivals put our weakened teams for, because they are busy pursuing the big trophies that their fans demand.

Yeah. Wenger's done an amazing job. Nobody else could have conned such a large section of the fan base. Amazing.

Respect.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Those cups cover all sins, don't they?
    No.

Why do you consistently argue against a position you know I don't take?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop dodging the question. We have no divine right to be champions every year, with City, Chelsea and Utd all able to outspend us it's never going to be like back in the day where we'll be top 2 every season.
    How many clubs do you actually think have had a better few years? I'd say not many. So is Wenger doing THAT bad a job?
    He is in that we've not been challenging and we do have the resources to do that, but I think the level of abuse is out of proportion to the actual situation.
    What question?

You mean that grovelling apology for the bloke?

The number of clubs that have been better than us over the years are ALL OUR MAIN RIVALS. That's all.

Yes, he's doing an appalling job. Abject. He hasn't got within a sniff of any serious prize in over a decade and the quality of our football is in the shitter. What sort of a job would you call it? Not bad?

Arsenal Football Club - we have a not bad manager. Wow.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...and Leicester City. Forgot about them.
    Für eure Sicherheit