User Tag List

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Wenger's future, possible extension and possible... departure?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    Why do you look at me?
    Because you are so ungrateful. And you are a fan, which makes you shit by default.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thierrymon View Post
    We mustn't forget that he has turned down offers from all of the top clubs to stay with us. He hasn't mentioned that in a few weeks.
    WRONG! As usual. He mentioned it today. And yesterday. And if you ring the club and you are put on hold he mentions it repeatedly on the holding message.

So get your fact right and be careful what you wish for.

And try to make several thousand more substitutions before having an opinion.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ View Post
    The issue is not whether he will walk away, of course that will never happen

It’s a case of whether the club will get rid of him. Kroenke likes and admires Wenger but that won’t save him, the American may be a cunt who only cares about money but he’s not stupid.

It will be decided on what happens in games between now and the end of the season. We have lost 50% of our games in 2018 and Wengers petulant response is more “I don’t want to talk about this”

There’s no guarantee he will be
    We'll go on a run.
    Für eure Sicherheit

HCZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    We'll go on a run.
    Will we? Not so sure. As each season passes I think the team has shown less and less ability to do that

His management here is entropic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I'm not convinced he'll be gone in the summer, the club would have to push him out as he won't leave of his own accord, IMO he'll think he can win the title next season and will want to carry on, he doesn't care what other people think, plus the 8 million a year and the fact he never breaks contracts and has nothing else in his life will just add to that.

From what I can tell he's doesn't look too concerned after defeats, in the post match interview he seemed quite chirpy, he's doesn't seem to have noticed our season has been a disaster, when asked if we'll focus on the EL now, he just said we're focussing on winning the next game, I reckon he still thinks top 4 is on and will continue to prioritise that over the EL.
    He's totally delusional, in his own little world where even to question him is inexplicable. Why would anyone dare question him when they look at the club and see the stadium and 20 years of CL football and the training facilities and the big money in the bank and all of it? He doesn't get you then have to DO SOMETHING with all those resources. That bit doesn't register with him AT ALL. He thinks if he keeps making Arsenal this unassailable, self sustaining, money machine he's actually achieved something wonderful. Yes, winning would be the icing on the cake but look at the culture, the spirit, the tradition, the togetherness and all that jazz. How is this not a utopia? Why do the plebs moan so? Will nothing ever satisfy the ungrateful cunts? It's because of the poxy fans there's unrest in the kingdom, otherwise everything is perfection itself. Why can't the stupid fans see it? What's the big deal about winning every match? Why are they always banging on about that shit when there is so much else to be happy with?

Wenger forgot what sport is about. And nobody can tell him or help him recapture what he's lost. Trying to explain to Wenger why you don't back off when you are 4-0 up, or why you don't sub a striker who's going for a hattrick, or why the odd ball over the top even if it results in a loss of possession isn't a crime is a waste of time. He doesn't and can't see it. It's like explaining Pythagoras to a dog. The dog will wag it's tail but it won't calculate the hypotenuse for you. Dog's don't do that. It's beyond all comprehension for them. Like winning is with Wenger.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ View Post
    Will we? Not so sure. As each season passes I think the team has shown less and less ability to do that

His management here is entropic
    We'll go on a mini-run then. A fun run (without the fun).
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 wins in a row is the most we've put together this season and that's only happened once which was back in November. The likelihood of us going on any kind of run is pretty bleak, this season is all but dead in the water and frankly I would be shocked if we managed to raise ourselves for Milan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I'm not convinced he'll be gone in the summer, the club would have to push him out as he won't leave of his own accord, IMO he'll think he can win the title next season and will want to carry on, he doesn't care what other people think, plus the 8 million a year and the fact he never breaks contracts and has nothing else in his life will just add to that.

From what I can tell he's doesn't look too concerned after defeats, in the post match interview he seemed quite chirpy, he's doesn't seem to have noticed our season has been a disaster, when asked if we'll focus on the EL now, he just said we're focussing on winning the next game, I reckon he still thinks top 4 is on and will continue to prioritise that over the EL.
    This. I'm afraid that we are looking at a situation where the manager simply seems to have no rational objectivity about his situation. I get that a manager cannot be governed by certain opinions in the press, but this is different - it has been obvious for years that Wenger is losing both his touch and his grip on the reality of his job - and he seems to think that he should be given the right to persist with a failing approach without consequence. The players' mentality follows the manager's. He won't fall on his sword, and I have no faith that the club will force him to go, so there is only one logical direction for this team to go : (
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

HCZ
    If you read the transcript or watch the press conference rather than just the odd twitter posted quotes. The press conference shows that Wenger is absolutely refusing to answer the question of whether he will be here next season or not, and refuses to answer whether there will be a review of his position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    3 wins in a row is the most we've put together this season and that's only happened once which was back in November. The likelihood of us going on any kind of run is pretty bleak, this season is all but dead in the water and frankly I would be shocked if we managed to raise ourselves for Milan.
    Forget the season, this whole club is dead in the water if we can't raise ourselves to play AC Milan. Surely, surely everyone involved with the club realises that the minimum requirement for those 2 matches is 100% commitment and an absolute determination to win, no matter how it's achieved. It's impossible they don't realise how much is riding on those games. A non-performance against Milan means nobody at this club gives a fuck. And if that's the case, all those who laughed at the idea of relegation better get their serious faces on because if things don't turn around dramatically and Wenger gets to stay on we're in real trouble. Right now I'd rank us at Leicester City level. That's where we are. We could win a title if a miracle occurred, but otherwise we're a middle of the road club making up the numbers. And our position could easily swing dramatically the other way, just as it did for Leicester. A bad start under Wenger next season and we could spend a year trying to recover and hovering above the drop zone. We're not immune to what has happened with other clubs who lost their hunger to compete.
    Für eure Sicherheit