User Tag List

Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Wenger's future, possible extension and possible... departure?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    No.

Why do you consistently argue against a position you know I don't take?
    Why do you pitch up every single time to temper all criticism of the bloke?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Why do you pitch up every single time to temper all criticism of the bloke?
    QED

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Letters:
    When he can no longer compare us to the good teams. He says we are at least better than the truly crap teams.

Be careful what you wish for: Moyes/Pardew/Hughes/Allardyce: They are all out there waiting to take over when Wenger leaves
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    QED
    Every time.

"I want him gone but..."

The money.

The cups.

The gypos.

The chavs.

The stadium.

The economy.

The players.

The fans.

At a time when more money than ever, more fans than ever, are pouring into the game. It's easier than it has ever been, as Leicester demonstrated and as pretty ordinary chav and gypos teams have shown in the past, and a spectacularly ordinary Utd showed last time out.

Easier than ever.

So easy that the current gypos are walking it with a team that would have been crushed by champions of the past.

But excuses, excuses, endless excuses.

And a cup that has graced the mantlepiece at powerhouses like Wigan and Wimbledon.

The cup. Look at the cup!
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He did that years ago.
    I know some people have lost respect for him. Even I have a bit.
    I do thing some of the excesses of abuse are...well, excessive though.
    We literally won the FA Cup last year, the 3rd in 4 years. Even this year, by far his worst season I'd say, we'll almost certainly finish 6th, we've got to a Cup Final and we're probably going to be in the quarter finals of the Europa League. We're hardly on the brink of relegation.
    He's failed to challenge for the biggest prizes, with our resources that isn't good enough.
    How many clubs would you actually have swapped places with over the last few years?
    I used to respect Wenger - a lot. I bought into the stadium cost and not getting the good players until about 2012 when I realised we were never going to come that good again. Granted, other clubs now have more money to spend, I don’t expect us to win everything, I just want honest players playing for the club and the fans that pay them.

I’ve lost respect for all of the excuses that now come out of his mouth. He used to say that we were fatigued because of all our matches, I think that in itself made the payers tired and gave them an excuse. This season we have only being playing once a week at times, with our first team squad not playing FA cup (1) and EL matches, yet he still uses the playing Thursday then Sunday as an excuse. The bit that really riles me was when we didn’t have a match for over a week and Pool played on the Monday before our game with them, think it was Pool, and he said they were sharper than us because they played on Monday. He wants it all ways just to get excuses, I can’t respect that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A simple question for Letters:
    would you be happy for Arsenal`s next 10 years to mirror the last 10 years?.
    If yes, then obviously you are soft in the head
    if no, then WTF are you constantly going on about?
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Letters:
    When he can no longer compare us to the good teams. He says we are at least better than the truly crap teams.

Be careful what you wish for: Moyes/Pardew/Hughes/Allardyce: They are all out there waiting to take over when Wenger leaves
    Last 4 seasons

Chelsea
    Premier League 2 League Cup 1

Man City
    Premier League 1 League Cup 2

Man Utd:
    Europa 1 FA Cup 1 League Cup 1

Leicester
    Premier League 1

Arsenal
    FA Cup 3

Spurs
    Nothing

Liverpool
    Nothing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Erm, you’re forgetting the Putting The Pressure On Cup that Spurs won back to back.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Erm, you’re forgetting the Putting The Pressure On Cup that Spurs won back to back.
    Fine. And the Norwich Hospital Charity Cup (shared) ( )
    My point being, I think the level of wailing and gnashing of teeth is a little out of proportion to the situation.
    5 clubs have won trophies in the last 4 years, we are one of them.
    Where we have failed is to push for the biggest prizes and given our resources that is not acceptable, at any other club with our resources Wenger would have been sacked.
    But we won't be sweeping all before us when Wenger leaves, City, Chelsea and Utd simply have too many resources too.
    We will at least have some hope of challenging them, right now with Wenger I don't feel we do.

I think the extent of our problems is over-stated. A new manager who can get them going, a couple of key signings and we'd be up there next season IMO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    A simple question for Letters:
    would you be happy for Arsenal`s next 10 years to mirror the last 10 years?.
    If yes, then obviously you are soft in the head
    if no, then WTF are you constantly going on about?
    That isn't a fair comparison because we didn't have the resources we do now for all of the last 10 years.
    The answer is obviously not, I wouldn't be happy with that.
    I'm not "constantly" going on about anything, I just think the lamenting on here about how terrible things are is a little out of proportion to the reality.
    Fun fact: It's perfectly possible to think that and also think that Wenger should be sacked.
    As I've said elsewhere, if he wins the Europa and then leaves I think overall it will have been a decent season, I don't think either will happen though...