User Tag List

Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Wenger's future, possible extension and possible... departure?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Fine. And the Norwich Hospital Charity Cup (shared) ( )
    My point being, I think the level of wailing and gnashing of teeth is a little out of proportion to the situation.
    5 clubs have won trophies in the last 4 years, we are one of them.
    Where we have failed is to push for the biggest prizes and given our resources that is not acceptable, at any other club with our resources Wenger would have been sacked.
    But we won't be sweeping all before us when Wenger leaves, City, Chelsea and Utd simply have too many resources too.
    We will at least have some hope of challenging them, right now with Wenger I don't feel we do.

I think the extent of our problems is over-stated. A new manager who can get them going, a couple of key signings and we'd be up there next season IMO.
    I agree with the new manager bit but Arsenal would need more than a couple of key signings.

I just cannot see Wenger leaving in the summer, regardless of these results.

That is the biggest frustration at the moment.

Do you honestly think that Wenger will leave in the summer ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not being funny but the FA Cup is a measure of precisely nothing, it's nice to win and all that as an additional trophy but as a standalone prize it's low priority and nothing amazing, would rather we'd challenged properly for the league than won the FA Cup personally.

It's a cup top teams want to win if they've won something else, but these days winning just the FA Cup doesn't signify a good season. To use that as a measure of anything is frankly ridiculous, it doesn't have the prestige it had a decade ago.

Frankly I'd sacrifice all 3 cup wins to be where Liverpool and Spurs are in terms of building a team capable of challenging.
    Last edited by Özim; 15-03-2018 at 04:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My point being, I think the level of wailing and gnashing of teeth is a little out of proportion to the situation.
    Where we have failed is to push for the biggest prizes and given our resources that is not acceptable, at any other club with our resources Wenger would have been sacked.
    But we won't be sweeping all before us when Wenger leaves, City, Chelsea and Utd simply have too many resources too.
    We will at least have some hope of challenging them, right now with Wenger I don't feel we do.

I think the extent of our problems is over-stated. A new manager who can get them going, a couple of key signings and we'd be up there next season IMO.

He's pre-emptively defending Wenger into the future now.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That isn't a fair comparison because we didn't have the resources we do now for all of the last 10 years.
    The answer is obviously not, I wouldn't be happy with that.
    I'm not "constantly" going on about anything, I just think the lamenting on here about how terrible things are is a little out of proportion to the reality.
    Fun fact: It's perfectly possible to think that and also think that Wenger should be sacked.
    As I've said elsewhere, if he wins the Europa and then leaves I think overall it will have been a decent season, I don't think either will happen though...
    It's Arsenal fans. All it takes is a decade and a half of being fed shit and you watch, some ungrateful cunt is going to pipe up with a complaint or worse, a polite banner.

Arsenal fans. Entitled. Spoiled rotten. Ungrateful shit. What are you going to do with them?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Letters, the point, is that we are supposed to be a top club pushing for the big prizes, not a lower league 'cup team'. A decent and better manager (factually not Wenger) would turn us around and have us doing just that.

Why is that so fucking difficult for you to understand?
    Last edited by KSE Comedy Club; 15-03-2018 at 06:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No.

Why do you consistently argue against a position you know I don't take?
    What is wrong with you? How many times are you going to attempt this same question with the exact same references? I thought some time away from the forum may have done you some good but it obviously hasn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd swap positions with any club that has a reason to be hopeful about the clubs future and enjoy watching their team play. It's that simple. I think I'd swap the last two seasons for the years where we were '2% away from domination' with project youth. At least we were fun to watch and there was a sense of hope about the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That isn't a fair comparison because we didn't have the resources we do now for all of the last 10 years.
    The answer is obviously not, I wouldn't be happy with that.
    I'm not "constantly" going on about anything, I just think the lamenting on here about how terrible things are is a little out of proportion to the reality.
    Fun fact: It's perfectly possible to think that and also think that Wenger should be sacked.
    As I've said elsewhere, if he wins the Europa and then leaves I think overall it will have been a decent season, I don't think either will happen though...
    I can’t believe you are going over this again.

You talk about comparing with all of the last 10 years. Well throughout the period where we had fewer resources, we were much better than we are today and we at least could be described as entertaining to watch.

The influx of resources has if anything, shined a giant light upon our regression under Wenger that is now really building up a head of steam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Frankly I'd sacrifice all 3 cup wins to be where Liverpool and Spurs are in terms of building a team capable of challenging.

Bull.
    Shit.

For years when we weren't winning trophies but occasionally flirted with a challenge you were whining that we weren't winning trophies.