User Tag List

Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Wenger's future, possible extension and possible... departure?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The remarkable story of Sean McVay - The 31-year-old LA Rams head coach appointed by Stan Kroenke and what his success story could mean for Arsenal. https://t.co/nvY6kfmrHa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tuchel 'in touch with Arsenal' over replacing Wenger, claims Matthaus https://t.co/w5RDqCMfOU

Ivan
    Last edited by Cripps; 25-03-2018 at 12:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    Tuchel 'in touch with Arsenal' over replacing Wenger, claims Matthaus https://t.co/w5RDqCMfOU

Ivan
    It's bullshit. If he doesn't have a good relationship with Sven, why would we even consider it?

It's the third manager we've been linked with in months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    It's bullshit. If he doesn't have a good relationship with Sven, why would we even consider it?

I know I said in another thread there's zero chance, I'm just messing around

James benge: Wenger on beIN says speculation over his future is "a little bit age discrimination". Says he isn't thinking of Europa League as a happy ending.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know I said in another thread there's zero chance, I'm just messing around

James benge: Wenger on beIN says speculation over his future is "a little bit age discrimination". Says he isn't thinking of Europa League as a happy ending.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    The remarkable story of Sean McVay - The 31-year-old LA Rams head coach appointed by Stan Kroenke and what his success story could mean for Arsenal. https://t.co/nvY6kfmrHa
    This has been an interesting story. Kroenke will give someone the push if the finances are under threat. Been following this since I first heard about it a year ago during one of the many debates with HCZ.

If we're having to reevaluate our wage structure because of the lack CL football, maybe Stan will give Wenger the push. If the fans keep the stadium numbers low we may have a chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been an interesting story. Kroenke will give someone the push if the finances are under threat. Been following this since I first heard about it a year ago during one of the many debates with HCZ.

If we're having to reevaluate our wage structure because of the lack CL football, maybe Stan will give Wenger the push. If the fans keep the stadium numbers low we may have a chance.
    The empty seats have been the best thing that's happened. It's made them wake up and realise they can't take us for mugs anymore. They gave him a 2 year deal thinking they could milk us with their usual rhetoric and we'd fall for it now there's a mini panic

From AST:

Arsenal heading toward underlying loss before player trading of almost £60m pa (the transfer sales mask this). Looking forward spare cash is tight. Hard to see room for much growth in wage bill, even with Champions lge. Est £50 to £70m for transfers in summer

Also:

Arsene Wenger making it pretty clear he has no intention of going anywhere this summer with a judge me on 22 years not the last result message @beinsports https://t.co/inN8QWLfs2

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kicker, who are usually reliable about German related stories, have said it's happening.

https://twitter.com/LGAmbrose/status/977839660331360256

According to the report, Sven's said he's ok with it and prepared to give it a chance. Apparently he also turned down Bayern as well for us.

Tuchel was my first choice around two years ago. Good football, improves players and seems capable of putting a strong league campaign together - they had the highest points tally out of any team not to win the Bundesliga the season he was at Dortmund. It was only the Bayern utterly dominating the Bundesliga that meant they didn't win it and they've kind of collapsed since he left.

My only worry however is that like Klopp he does seem to be a bit naive when it comes to setting up a defence.

Obviously I'd be overjoyed if it happens, if anything just to get rid of Wenger, and I'd prefer him to Low but I'd still ideally prefer Jardim or Allegri. Simeone as well but he seems ungettable at this stage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tuchel did a mediocre job at Dortmund, they got nowhere in the CL despite him inheriting a team with lots of top players and in the league they were nothing to ride home about either in the time he was there, takes some doing to get sacked by Dortmund after a couple seasons.

Not the kind of manager we should be looking at at all, if we are that is, which seems highly unlikely to me.
    Last edited by Özim; 26-03-2018 at 10:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Tuchel did a mediocre job at Dortmund, they got nowhere in the CL despite him inheriting a team with lots of top players and in the league they were nothing to ride home about either in the time he was there, takes some doing to get sacked by Dortmund after a couple seasons.

Not the kind of manager we should be looking at at all, if we are that is, which seems highly unlikely to me.
    bit harsh Zim. He played some excellent football and would have a domestic title under his belt were it not for Pep showing up in Germany. Le Grove has done a good piece on why Tuchel and his ideas would be exciting. Take a look.