User Tag List

Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Wenger's future, possible extension and possible... departure?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    bit harsh Zim. He played some excellent football and would have a domestic title under his belt were it not for Pep showing up in Germany. Le Grove has done a good piece on why Tuchel and his ideas would be exciting. Take a look.
    I just look at how they did in the CL before he took over and how they did after and to be honest afterwards they didn't look such a good side in the CL. He came 3rd in his last season, 3rd in a league with basically 2 teams is pretty poor, Dortmund player wise we head and shoulders above everyone bar Bayern.

If we're after him, we're aiming pretty low IMO, they didn't sack him for no reason, I remember seeing Dortmund and thinking they looked very beatable compared to the side they were, even Liverpool knocked them out after needing 3 goals twice in a game in the Europa, pretty poor show IMO, remember thinking how brittle Dortmund looked compard to before he took over. Is this really the kind guy we can attract now, a 2nd rate manager with no real record of success? If so we're in big trouble.

I'm not interested in any manager that can't build a team capable of defending, you'll never win anything of note without a good disciplined defence, top teams are built from the back.
    Last edited by Özim; 26-03-2018 at 10:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with Zim on this one. Losing the dressing room and falling out with staff so quickly isn't a good sign after two seasons. Also, his record on the pitch isn't that impressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I just look at how they did in the CL before he took over and how they did after and to be honest afterwards they didn't look such a good side in the CL. He came 3rd in his last season, 3rd in a league with basically 2 teams is pretty poor, Dortmund player wise we head and shoulders above everyone bar Bayern.

If we're after him, we're aiming pretty low IMO, they didn't sack him for no reason, I remember seeing Dortmund and thinking they looked very beatable compared to the side they were, even Liverpool knocked them out after needing 3 goals twice in a game in the Europa, pretty poor show IMO, remember thinking how brittle Dortmund looked compard to before he took over. Is this really the kind guy we can attract now, a 2nd rate manager with no real record of success? If so we're in big trouble.

I'm not interested in any manager that can't build a team capable of defending, you'll never win anything of note without a good disciplined defence, top teams are built from the back.
    but which managers are realistically going to come to us, a successful manager is going to want a CL side + a large transfer fund. there is too much to do on the team/squad that a top manager would not be interested in having to wait 2-3 years just to get competitive. so maybe being realistic we might need to look at a tier down. or take a gamble on a younger manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tuchel did a mediocre job at Dortmund, they got nowhere in the CL despite him inheriting a team with lots of top players and in the league they were nothing to ride home about either in the time he was there, takes some doing to get sacked by Dortmund after a couple seasons.

Not the kind of manager we should be looking at at all, if we are that is, which seems highly unlikely to me.
    I thought he did OK considering he lost pretty much the heartbeat of the Dortmund team at the time in Hummels, Gundogan and Mikhi.

I do think Tuchel is overrated though, he's not Elite at all, though is a decent young Manager with pretty innovative ideas, he would be an upgrade on Wenger.

I thought he recruited well in the market with young players in his time at Dortmund, he developed these players to an extent too.

He promoted Christian Pulisic who is a great young talent, and brought in the likes of Julian Weigl, Osamund Dembele and a couple of others who's names escape me right now.

I am not against him coming here but I am not convinced he would be right long term solution.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    but which managers are realistically going to come to us, a successful manager is going to want a CL side + a large transfer fund. there is too much to do on the team/squad that a top manager would not be interested in having to wait 2-3 years just to get competitive. so maybe being realistic we might need to look at a tier down. or take a gamble on a younger manager.
    We're not a small club. We can afford to aim higher. Any manager that needs billions to spend and isn't confident enough to get us back into the CL in his first season is someone we should avoid anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    If we look a tier down we'll end up 2nd rate unfortunately, we need to attract a top manager who can build a team, otherwise we're really not a big club.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    Tuchel 'in touch with Arsenal' over replacing Wenger, claims Matthaus https://t.co/w5RDqCMfOU

Ivan
    Good to know we are 'looking' to replaced the old goat.

But not with this fucking guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger says he's being discriminated against because of his age.

Excuse after excuse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not because of his age.

It's because he's a jew
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tuchel did a mediocre job at Dortmund, they got nowhere in the CL despite him inheriting a team with lots of top players and in the league they were nothing to ride home about either in the time he was there, takes some doing to get sacked by Dortmund after a couple seasons.

Not the kind of manager we should be looking at at all, if we are that is, which seems highly unlikely to me.

He got knocked out in the QF's of the CL against Monaco because the team coach got fucking bombed on route to the stadium. If Monaco & UEFA weren't such despicable cunts about the whole affair then they would have replayed the fixture .... instead they forced it ahead and Dortmund understanbly weren't in any mood to play well in those circumstances. Still won the cup that year and should have won the league if Bayern didn't have such a stranglehold on things.

He wasn't in the CL the his first year because of Klopp's blunder the previous year (nearly relegated) but he had Liverpool beat in the EL before a ten minute brainfart in the second leg at Anfield (these things can happen).

He turned the likes of Aubayemeng into a world class striker and the likes of Mkhi flourished under him. He's just a fantastic coach who improves players, is tactically flexible, modern and plays great football ...... I'd fucking love to have him.

His personality is an issue but usually the best coaches are cunts because they demand success. See Pep or even prime Mourinho. Frankly I'd much rather have a manager who's prepared to ruffle feathers and call out the board if needed rather than a yes man like Ancelotti or Wenger. Besides given the autonomy he'd have here to do his thing, it may just work for a few seasons (no one's going to do a Wenger/Fergie anymore).

You've got to laugh at Arsenal fans. He's good enough for Bayern to go after him but he's not good enough for us despite the difference in status right now.