User Tag List

Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Wenger's future, possible extension and possible... departure?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got sacked by Dortmund didn't he? Also got embarrassed by Liverpool in the Europa league.

As for Aubmeyang, Klopp signed him and he scored a hatful of goals before Tuchel ever got his hands on him, 25 in his previous season. Tuchel is one of those overhyped guys who achieved nothing and yet for some reason is flavour of the day, a tactically astute manager wouldn't have seen his side lose a game to Liverpool when they needed 3 goals to go through. The guy inherited a top quality squad from Klopp, he did a mediocre job with it, crashing out of the CL then embarrassed in the Europa.

If Bayern didn't exist Dortmund would have won the CL as well, but they do and that's what you're up against, the fact is their record under him in Europe was poor and even domestically it wasn't great, like I said ending up third 18 points behind Bayern pretty poor IMO, even the season before they were 10 points behind.

Overrated doesn't begin to describe him, he's a nobody that got lucky and got a chance at one of Germany's biggest clubs and messed that up big time, the guy achieves nothing and yet is apparently the 2nd coming to some, do me a favour

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post

He got knocked out in the QF's of the CL against Monaco because the team coach got fucking bombed on route to the stadium. If Monaco & UEFA weren't such despicable cunts about the whole affair then they would have replayed the fixture .... instead they forced it ahead and Dortmund understanbly weren't in any mood to play well in those circumstances. Still won the cup that year and should have won the league if Bayern didn't have such a stranglehold on things.

He wasn't in the CL the his first year because of Klopp's blunder the previous year (nearly relegated) but he had Liverpool beat in the EL before a ten minute brainfart in the second leg at Anfield (these things can happen).

He turned the likes of Aubayemeng into a world class striker and the likes of Mkhi flourished under him. He's just a fantastic coach who improves players, is tactically flexible, modern and plays great football ...... I'd fucking love to have him.

His personality is an issue but usually the best coaches are cunts because they demand success. See Pep or even prime Mourinho. Frankly I'd much rather have a manager who's prepared to ruffle feathers and call out the board if needed rather than a yes man like Ancelotti or Wenger. Besides given the autonomy he'd have here to do his thing, it may just work for a few seasons (no one's going to do a Wenger/Fergie anymore).

You've got to laugh at Arsenal fans. He's good enough for Bayern to go after him but he's not good enough for us despite the difference in status right now.
    Wenger could probably go to Bayern and win the league. It's nothing to brag about. Zim raises a good point. Tuchel couldn't overcome Bayern in Germany. What makes you think he'll fair better where there are 3 'Bayerns' in the Prem that you have to overcome?

It's a worry that they sacked him so quickly. It's not the sort of risk I think we should take considering there are other candidates out there. We should be looking for someone that can take a smaller club and have them punching above their weight. Tuchel didn't have Dortmund punching above their weight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in agreement with Le Grove on this one

We need innovating ideas to out think some of the managers in this league, and Tuchel fits the bill. PnG raises a good point in the sense that there's more Peps in this league and his man management was poor at Dortmund as he got into a few arguments but we were all young at one point and made mistakes As long as he's learnt from his mistakes

He's definetly a level above the Brendan Rodgers and Arteta' s of this world. There's a few managers that would make my stomach sink if we got them, notably the 2 I've just mentioned, but I'd be pretty blimmin happy with Tuchel

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post

Got sacked by Dortmund didn't he? Also got embarrassed by Liverpool in the Europa league.

As for Aubmeyang, Klopp signed him and he scored a hatful of goals before Tuchel ever got his hands on him, 25 in his previous season. Tuchel is one of those overhyped guys who achieved nothing and yet for some reason is flavour of the day, a tactically astute manager wouldn't have seen his side lose a game to Liverpool when they needed 3 goals to go through. The guy inherited a top quality squad from Klopp, he did a mediocre job with it, crashing out of the CL then embarrassed in the Europa.

If Bayern didn't exist Dortmund would have won the CL as well, but they do and that's what you're up against, the fact is their record under him in Europe was poor and even domestically it wasn't great, like I said ending up third 18 points behind Bayern pretty poor IMO, even the season before they were 10 points behind.

Overrated doesn't begin to describe him, he's a nobody that got lucky and got a chance at one of Germany's biggest clubs and messed that up big time, the guy achieves nothing and yet is apparently the 2nd coming to some, do me a favour
    Christ you're an idiot.

Do you even know why Tuchel got sacked? It wasn't due to performances - it was three days after the guy won them their first trophy in five years. It was because he fell out spectacularly with the management team for several reasons:

- He felt they didn't do enough to defend the club after the bomb attack (getting the fixture replayed)
    - He was livid after they sold three of their best player the summer before (Hummels, Mkhi & Gundogen) despite getting assurances that two at most would only depart
    - His now much publicised clashes with Sven (who he felt was interfering too much)

Honestly Zim, you constantly (and rightly) bleat on about Wenger being a placid manager who doesn't do enough to demand success and yet you're attacking a manager who was abrasive enough to push back when his best players got sold from under his nose, reducing their competitivity.

And why do you keep saying his record in Europe is poor? He's not Wenger who's been in Europe for years - he's only been in it for two years. First season EL QF and lost to Liverpool despite seemingly having the match buried (ten minute brainfart at Anfield - it happens). Second season QF of the CL and lost to an excellent Monaco team (Mbapee, Lemar, Mendy, Silva, Bakakyo etc ..... all of them were poached by the top European clubs after that) after their team coach got bombed before a match.

Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Wenger could probably go to Bayern and win the league. It's nothing to brag about. Zim raises a good point. Tuchel couldn't overcome Bayern in Germany. What makes you think he'll fair better where there are 3 'Bayerns' in the Prem that you have to overcome?

It's a worry that they sacked him so quickly. It's not the sort of risk I think we should take considering there are other candidates out there. We should be looking for someone that can take a smaller club and have them punching above their weight. Tuchel didn't have Dortmund punching above their weight.
    The likes of Bayern don't go hunting for poor managers PnG. And neither do PSG & Chelsea who are the other teams he's also linked with.

He could have done better in the second season against Ancelotti's Bayern but that was the season where his three best players sold from under his nose and still despite that was able to perform admirably with him bringing through players like Dembele. Not much else he could do in the first season when he had Pep's Bayern accumulating points at the same rate City are right now and they finished second with the points tally that most teams usually win the league with.

And maybe he won't be able to overcome them, especially City given their financial might, but at the very least we'd be competing against them which would be a whole of a lot better than our current situation where we're basically a joke. He'd be a good manager and the only one I'd take over him would be Simeone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    only on goonersweb do people argue about something that has 0% chance of happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't mind Tuchel really. Not one of my immediate picks but I've always said we need to invest in a philosophy and not necessarily a CV when it comes to our next manager, although preferably some sort of prior success would be ideal. Thanks to Wenger staying beyond his expiry date everything about the club has gone stale, we desperately need new coaching methods along with a new voice and direction. Managers are always looking for their big break and you never know we might be the right fit for Tuchel.

I'm quite easy on Wenger's replacement anyway, as long as it's not a proven failure or someone's first job (Arteta or Henry) then I'll be fairly excited and supportive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Wouldn't mind Tuchel really. Not one of my immediate picks but I've always said we need to invest in a philosophy and not necessarily a CV when it comes to our next manager, although preferably some sort of prior success would be ideal. Thanks to Wenger staying beyond his expiry date everything about the club has gone stale, we desperately need new coaching methods along with a new voice and direction. Managers are always looking for their big break and you never know we might be the right fit for Tuchel.

I'm quite easy on Wenger's replacement anyway, as long as it's not a proven failure or someone's first job (Arteta or Henry) then I'll be fairly excited and supportive.
    Brendan Rodgers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post

Sir Mo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    only on goonersweb do people argue about something that has 0% chance of happening.
    We've never argued about you not dying a virgin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Brendan Rodgers?
    Nah. Was poor at Liverpool bar that one season and his buys weren’t great. Suarez carried that team.

What he’s doing now at Celtic couldn’t be more irrelevant as well.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 26-03-2018 at 09:34 PM.