User Tag List

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748

Thread: Wenger's future, possible extension and possible... departure?

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Henry coaches with Belgium and has only just started coaching. Unfair to assume he's not grafting. Vieira was working behind the scenes for years before getting his first role as first team coach and he had to go to America to get that opportunity.
    Granted Wenger was a hypocritical mong about the whole affair but he rejected the chance to become a full time coach of the U18's with us, instead wanting to preserve his cushy Sky Sports gig. He could have worked his way up the ladder at the club, putting in the hours plying his trade and learning from his mistakes but he made his decision.

A part time gig spending a few hours a month (if that) with the Belgium National team isn't at all comparable to what both Vieira did (full time behind the scenes at City & now manager at NYFC) and Arteta is currently in the processing of doing. Pep spent years behind the scenes at Barca working with the Youth Team before getting his chance at Barca.

Fair enough, I don't begrudge him for choosing the easier and more lucrative option of preserving his role in the media but he can't expect to be seriously considered for any top job as it stands and until he demonstrates his full commitment to the cause.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    We must not focus on the last empty stadium. That is in the past. We must focus on the next attendance. And if it increases we must say it has increased. And if it has not increased we must say we should not focus on the last empty stadium and should instead focus on the next attendance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adams: "It would be a very different career from Arsene. I wouldn’t do it for 20 years. If I hadn’t won [a trophy] in 3 years I’d walk out. I’d want to win the league. I’d want to win the European Cup. If I didn’t then I’d shack their hands and say ‘thank you very much’." https://t.co/0T22ncye1E

Big Tone

You know what to do Ivan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Granted Wenger was a hypocritical mong about the whole affair but he rejected the chance to become a full time coach of the U18's with us, instead wanting to preserve his cushy Sky Sports gig. He could have worked his way up the ladder at the club, putting in the hours plying his trade and learning from his mistakes but he made his decision.

A part time gig spending a few hours a month (if that) with the Belgium National team isn't at all comparable to what both Vieira did (full time behind the scenes at City & now manager at NYFC) and Arteta is currently in the processing of doing. Pep spent years behind the scenes at Barca working with the Youth Team before getting his chance at Barca.

Fair enough, I don't begrudge him for choosing the easier and more lucrative option of preserving his role in the media but he can't expect to be seriously considered for any top job as it stands and until he demonstrates his full commitment to the cause.
    Henry dodged a bullet. Have you seen Steve Bould? Has any senior coach at Arsenal gone on to a more serious coaching role after leaving Arsenal? No. In fact, no former player stays on here at Arsenal.

Also, if Henry were coaching here, would you still consider him as a Wenger replacement? I doubt it. It's too early for him, which is a similar argument I have for Arteta, but if he were coaching at Arsenal right now, it would make him an even less attractive candidate. Another yes man that has no influence over the players. That would be the most likely outcome.

But either way, it's way too early to judge him at this point. Most coaches start off like this. Heck, I just read that Vieira applied for Newcastle job and was turned down. Vieira! No idea if Henry applied for other roles or if this Belgium job landed on his lap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Readying his excuses for the summer, going to be a good one everyone!

http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/19/arsene...plans-7479676/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post

tbf, the World Cup only affects Wenger so he's at a big disadvantage. Like the fixture schedules and Man City's spending, it only affects Wenger. He has a lot to put up with so it's completely understandable we're battling Burnley for 6th place. I'm surprised we're doing so well given how much is against Wenger.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post

He always moans about these championships every two years, but I seem to remember lots of players being bought and sold in 2016. Every odd year, he stuffs it up. I'm just sick of his rhetoric.