User Tag List

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Where has Wenger gone wrong?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    They scored ALL our recent goals tbf, along with Alexis. Wenger sold off all our goals in the January window. His plan to replace them was to bring in an expensive striker and then isolate him at the top of a tippy tap, sideways, backwards, no pace, no energy ballet of triangles. Wenger has developed Total Non-Football.
    Pretty sure Monreal contributed one or two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermerree View Post
    Pretty sure Monreal contributed one or two.
    Did you watch our DM against Brighton? He was on the left, he was on the right, he was behind the CM, ahead of the CM, everywhere. Charging around like a headless chicken. I felt sorry for him. It's plain he was trying. But he was making it up as he went along, absent any sort of predefined role or system in which to play that role. That's Wenger's cheap and ridiculous impersonation of Cryuff, or Pep at Barca. Just let them do their own thing and see what happens. The freedom but without the painstaking training that retains the integrity of the team and keeps it operating as a single unit with interchangeable parts. I'd much rather see Monreal nowhere near the opposition goal and solid in defence for a while, along with his colleagues at the back. Instead we have Mustafi and Koscielny doing the Xhaka. It's an utter shambles. The opposition must laugh when they see what's going on.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you watch our DM against Brighton? He was on the left, he was on the right, he was behind the CM, ahead of the CM, everywhere. Charging around like a headless chicken. I felt sorry for him. It's plain he was trying. But he was making it up as he went along, absent any sort of predefined role or system in which to play that role. That's Wenger's cheap and ridiculous impersonation of Cryuff, or Pep at Barca. Just let them do their own thing and see what happens. The freedom but without the painstaking training that retains the integrity of the team and keeps it operating as a single unit with interchangeable parts. I'd much rather see Monreal nowhere near the opposition goal and solid in defence for a while, along with his colleagues at the back. Instead we have Mustafi and Koscielny doing the Xhaka. It's an utter shambles. The opposition must laugh when they see what's going on.
    Don't disagree, but he did score a few goals recently!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spot on.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    Spot on.
    PS maybe we could call it 'doing the Xhakarena'?
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What made me laugh yesterday, was the passage of play for our goal.

Get it forward quickly, get it wide, stretch the play, load the box. Goal.

Did we do that again for the rest of the match? Did we fuck. We had the blueprint, yet we still had Jack running down blind alleys, Kacka passing it backwards, and Iwobi....Iwobi-ing.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    What made me laugh yesterday, was the passage of play for our goal.

Get it forward quickly, get it wide, stretch the play, load the box. Goal.

Did we do that again for the rest of the match? Did we fuck. We had the blueprint, yet we still had Jack running down blind alleys, Kacka passing it backwards, and Iwobi....Iwobi-ing.
    And that's how we beat the handful of top teams we've managed to get the better of in recent seasons. Those rare, rare occasions.

Direct, incisive football. We've often had low possession (38% once IIRC) when we've achieved our better results. But every time Wenger saw that (if he saw it) he reinforced the tip tap bullshit.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger has united the world

Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger has united the world

He was the new Messiah after all!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermerree View Post
    He was the new Messiah after all!!!
    And just like Jesus, we ungrateful twats are trying to crucify him

(I think Ty might actually believe this)
    Für eure Sicherheit