User Tag List

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Watford match reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I suggested both. Although it wasn't really a suggestion, just a question why you keep watching something you clearly hate.
    If you want to then go nuts. Just don't give them any more money.
    No, your suggestion amounted to love it or leave it. That's not the only option open to fans.
    Für eure Sicherheit

HCZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Ivan's a glorified shopkeeper. He made his move and Wenger (who, as Mac pointed out, suddenly discovered his tactical ability), bypassed him. Now he's trying the slowly but surely, replace over time method. But he's already conceded Wenger calls the shots. He should have either demanded everyone get a say or resigned at the end of last season.
    There is a question as to why he didn’t go in the summer

He’s either a man of limited ability who wouldn’t be able to get the same role elsewhere

Or he’s prepared to play the long game in return for becoming the most powerful man at the club when Wenger goes. Although nix on that if Josh Kroenke is here for the long haul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ View Post
    There is a question as to why he didn’t go in the summer

He’s either a man of limited ability who wouldn’t be able to get the same role elsewhere

Or he’s prepared to play the long game in return for becoming the most powerful man at the club when Wenger goes. Although nix on that if Josh Kroenke is here for the long haul
    Surely he already knows how little Kroenke respects him? When you undermine somebody like that, you can't respect them. So I don't see him ever being top dog and, as you point out, Kroenke has already stated his spawn will slide in when he slithers off.
    Für eure Sicherheit

HCZ
    Surely he already knows how little Kroenke respects him? When you undermine somebody like that, you can't respect them. So I don't see him ever being top dog and, as you point out, Kroenke has already stated his spawn will slide in when he slithers off.
    This is true, if Kroenke trusted Gazidis to implement the post Wenger plan you’d think he’d have let him implement it last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's sadly all pointing to Wenger getting another run at this. And if we win the EL, it's nailed on.

What I don't get with Kroenke is his apparent inability to reason that just a little bit of competitive ambition would fire the place up. More money. More value. But he seems to be very Wenger like in settling for steady, middle of the road, risk free returns. He's the tortoise to Abramovich's hare. It's a way to go, and it's working for him so far (doubled his investment value), but I doubt he grasps how fast a club can sink once the critical point is reached. And that's the risk he's taking with Wenger.
    Für eure Sicherheit

HCZ
    It's sadly all pointing to Wenger getting another run at this. And if we win the EL, it's nailed on.

What I don't get with Kroenke is his apparent inability to reason that just a little bit of competitive ambition would fire the place up. More money. More value. But he seems to be very Wenger like in settling for steady, middle of the road, risk free returns. He's the tortoise to Abramovich's hare. It's a way to go, and it's working for him so far (doubled his investment value), but I doubt he grasps how fast a club can sink once the critical point is reached. And that's the risk he's taking with Wenger.
    The share value has doubled

And I think he reasons that the kind of returns that would make a significant difference would take significant investment in the club.

The idea that he is stupid doesn’t tally up. What has always made Wenger the perfect employee is that his stewardship has hitherto kept the club running along with little or no direct input from himself.

He is acquisitive, the value of Arsenal is tied up in it being an asset against which he can borrow at low interest rates for property development.

The other issue is that moving the Rams franchise and the building of the new stadium in Compton is taking most of his attention and that’s why the son has been sent to us.

I still conclude though that for Kroenke it’s easier just to not offer Wenger a new contract rather than outright sack him

The 2017 contract renewal was predicated on the belief that finishing 5th was a blip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The share value is not indicative of the value of the club, rather it is a function of a scarce commodity that is desperately wanted by 2 insanely rich men. There are only a few shares ever available and both Kroenke and Usmanov are willing to pay any price to get them. Its like two rich sons who hate each other but are willing to pay £500,000 for their fathers old watch. To any other person the watch is not worth more than £50.

The value of the club is more a reflection of insane TV deals which every EPL club is benefiting from. In reality we are losing value as we continue to flounder in the middle of the table. If things continue they way they do . The Spuds will be worth more than the Arsenal, simply because of relative success.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ View Post
    The share value has doubled

And I think he reasons that the kind of returns that would make a significant difference would take significant investment in the club.

The idea that he is stupid doesn’t tally up. What has always made Wenger the perfect employee is that his stewardship has hitherto kept the club running along with little or no direct input from himself.

He is acquisitive, the value of Arsenal is tied up in it being an asset against which he can borrow at low interest rates for property development.

The other issue is that moving the Rams franchise and the building of the new stadium in Compton is taking most of his attention and that’s why the son has been sent to us.

I still conclude though that for Kroenke it’s easier just to not offer Wenger a new contract rather than outright sack him

The 2017 contract renewal was predicated on the belief that finishing 5th was a blip
    It *was* a blip.

We'll be 6th this year.
    Für eure Sicherheit

HCZ
    It *was* a blip.

We'll be 6th this year.
    My feeling is that Wenger will ask to get one more season to get us back in the top four

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It *was* a blip.

We'll be 6th this year.
    Hopefully 6th.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day