Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
No.

Wenger was (no longer) good at buying technical players that were better than the normal rugged PL players at the time.

He was better at using the best health and fitness techniques, which gave his teams physical advantage.

He also inherited a “spirit” from a backbone of hardy diciplined (tactically) players, the dilution of which over time is plain to see.

He was of a time.

He is not tactically profficient. He doesn’t spot talent. He isn’t any good at developing players.

At this point in time, he simply puts faith in whatever eleven men he selects, following a training session which pretty much focuses on stats and ball retention. His philosophy is clearly “keep the ball until you cannot fail but walk the ball over the line, and if you can’t start again from the back”.

He is waaaaay past being able to manage himself, let alone a team of overpaid retards.

He will never win a title with another team, unless he plunders third world football.
Yeah to be honest after Mac's reply I did kind of think it was a big fat no and that maybe it's just more of an indication how much I dislike the football we play under Mourinho, rather than how good I still think Wenger could be.

Tactically I think he may seem more negative now because he doesn't feel he can be as expressive because he gets hammered for it. But also that your squad is not up to it, whereas I genuinely believe that United have the players to do it.