User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs Stoke City (home).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Has anyone an answer for what happens if we lose to Athleti in the Europa final and they already have a CL berth due to LaLiga qualification?
    I wondered exactly the same thing.

I doubt it would mean that Arsenal would get into the CL next season.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's possible Josh (Stan's too preoccupied with the LA Rams to get involved) & Ivan have already made their decision and they'll wait till after the last game of the season to have the conversation with him.

He may resist at first but I think he'll ultimately accept it. This would be the first time the CEO & owner would have directly told him he needs to step down (it was a stealth campaign by Ivan last year) which should really bring home the untenability of his position. Out of respect it'll be spun as Wenger choosing to retire though and he may even be offered Lord Peckham or Ken Friar's position on the board so that he goes quietly.

Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Has anyone an answer for what happens if we lose to Athleti in the Europa final and they already have a CL berth due to LaLiga qualification?
    It means we get no CL football which would seriously start impacting our finances as well as the chance of getting a decent kit sponsorship deal next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Globalgunner;4446274]I think top 4 is dead and buried. There are 5 superior teams above us jostling for 4 places. We will never get a sniff again with Wenger at the helm. Instead we will be looking over our shoulder at teams like Leicester and Everton(if they ever find a decent manager) chasing us for 6th place. Wenger has put this clubs dreams on ice cold deep freeze.

Has anyone an answer for what happens if we lose to Athleti in the Europa final and they already have a CL berth due to LaLiga qualification?[/QUOTE]

I doubt we will even make it that far. Mind you...I am sure Wenger already has his list of excuses already lined up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    I think it's possible Josh (Stan's too preoccupied with the LA Rams to get involved) & Ivan have already made their decision and they'll wait till after the last game of the season to have the conversation with him.

He may resist at first but I think he'll ultimately accept it. This would be the first time the CEO & owner would have directly told him he needs to step down (it was a stealth campaign by Ivan last year) which should really bring home the untenability of his position. Out of respect it'll be spun as Wenger choosing to retire though and he may even be offered Lord Peckham or Ken Friar's position on the board so that he goes quietly.

It means we get no CL football which would seriously start impacting our finances as well as the chance of getting a decent kit sponsorship deal next year.
    I hope so, but the fact that Wenger went grovelling to Stan last year begging for a contract extension doesn't bode well.

Who is to stop Wenger doing it again this summer?

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    I hope so, but the fact that Wenger went grovelling to Stan last year begging for a contract extension doesn't bode well.

Who is to stop Wenger doing it again this summer?
    I think he'll defer to his son's judgement over Wenger's - I think that's one of the reasons he sent him over in the first place - to make a decision.

That and even he wouldn't be oblivious to the worsening of our status the past year - revenues took a hit because of no CL football, dwindling crowd attendances and worse results/league position.

Also, and this is a point that Arseblog makes a lot but with Raul & Sven in place as well as the other backroom hires, we're in a much better place now to cope with Wenger leaving than we were last summer. A point I'm sure both Ivan & Josh will convey forcefully to Stan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    I think he'll defer to his son's judgement over Wenger's - I think that's one of the reasons he sent him over in the first place - to make a decision.

That and even he wouldn't be oblivious to the worsening of our status the past year - revenues took a hit because of no CL football, dwindling crowd attendances and worse results/league position.

Also, and this is a point that Arseblog makes a lot but with Raul & Sven in place as well as the other backroom hires, we're in a much better place now to cope with Wenger leaving than we were last summer. A point I'm sure both Ivan & Josh will convey forcefully to Stan.
    Aye, I can't argue with any of that TBH. I am desperate for Wenger to be shown the door now, absolutely desperate. I would even take another season like this with an interim appointment if it means change....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    He's going nowhere.

He'll win the Europa League, get back into the champions league then sign another extension.
    Allegri will be the new Chelsea manager and Arsenal will stick with Wenger, regardless of whether they win the Europa League this season.

I would love Conte at Arsenal if Chelsea do get rid of him but the chances are zero.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep another top manager will move to a rival and we'll be stuck with the old goat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Aye, I can't argue with any of that TBH. I am desperate for Wenger to be shown the door now, absolutely desperate. I would even take another season like this with an interim appointment if it means change....
    It's quite incredible that not only did he weasel his way to a new contract, it was for two years!

A one year extension and I think the decision to part company would have been quite straightforward, but to have to actually sack him this summer puts more pressure on the board. Just hope they do the right thing for the club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Aubameyang told Lacazette to take the penalty. He wanted his teammate to get his confidence up.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...andre-12287140

See the bigger picture. We need both strikers to be on form and confident. Nothing weird or selfish about it. Not sure why it's being questioned. It should be obvious why he let Lacazette take it.
    Well I did say 'unless Aubameyang told him he could take it' so fair enough I guess. Even if that is the case I still think Lacazette should have given the ball back to him. Hattricks don't come around every week.