User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CSKA Match Reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to win this competition.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Jack had a stinker. Another one. Constantly losing the ball & selfish in possession.

I'd play Elneny in his position for the rest of the season.

Really can't believe there's any debate about him vs Ramsey.

Seems stupid moaning after a 4 - 1 win but our defensive play at times ..... jeez. We're not going to get away with that against an Athletico, Lazio or Leipzig.
    Yep 1000% agree, our offensive play at times was nice but defensively oh my god we were a complete mess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    I think Athletico Madrid are still the favourites. They are so solid at the back, strong in midfield and have Costa and Griezmann up front. If we can somehow avoid them altogether I reckon we can win it.
    I agree, they are clear favourites. They are man for man a better team than us, have a better manager than us who is tactically elite and have star quality in every area of their team.

We won't beat this lot, I'm pretty sure of that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good but expected win against a pub side, CSKA are really a nothing team and that showed, Atletico are the only decent team left in this competition so they're the real challenge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes me laugh that some of the people who belittled this competition now say they really want to to win it, I've always said winning a European competition is better than making up the numbers in the CL and was happy with us being in this, others however claimed it was small time and didn't even want to be in it and now suddenly are desperate for us to win it.

Personally it's a double edged sword for me, really want us to win it as winning a European trophy would be amazing, but at the same time I don't want Wenger in charge anymore and don't want him to have any chance of a new contract, winning this could give him that and of course we'd be back in the CL making money so would have no incentive to replace him.

The pro Wenger fans will also spring out of the woodwork and start telling everybody how great he is and how everyone was wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    I agree, they are clear favourites. They are man for man a better team than us, have a better manager than us who is tactically elite and have star quality in every area of their team.

We won't beat this lot, I'm pretty sure of that.
    Atletico are a better side no doubt, but Wenger is a lucky manager, just when things seem to be going totally wrong things turnaround and he saves his skin (through luck rather than skill), so I wouldn't put it past us to win this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have people not learnt from the past?

We are winning this and Wenger will be staying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Makes me laugh that some of the people who belittled this competition now say they really want to to win it, I've always said winning a European competition is better than making up the numbers in the CL and was happy with us being in this, others however claimed it was small time and didn't even want to be in it and now suddenly are desperate for us to win it.

Personally it's a double edged sword for me, really want us to win it as winning a European trophy would be amazing, but at the same time I don't want Wenger in charge anymore and don't want him to have any chance of a new contract, winning this could give him that and of course we'd be back in the CL making money so would have no incentive to replace him.

The pro Wenger fans will also spring out of the woodwork and start telling everybody how great he is and how everyone was wrong.
    It's a decent competition. Some good teams have come through it. Atletico being one of them.

I'm not watching the games at the moment and have no idea if that will change anytime soon. If we end up actually winning the thing, regardless of what it means for Wenger's future, I doubt I'll enjoy it as much as I should because I haven't been following the games. If the Board keep him for one more year, I highly doubt I'll watch the opening game for next season. Who knows where it goes from there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    It's a decent competition. Some good teams have come through it. Atletico being one of them.

I'm not watching the games at the moment and have no idea if that will change anytime soon. If we end up actually winning the thing, regardless of what it means for Wenger's future, I doubt I'll enjoy it as much as I should because I haven't been following the games. If the Board keep him for one more year, I highly doubt I'll watch the opening game for next season. Who knows where it goes from there.
    Interestingly, I am watching the the Europa League games because it's something I think we could genuinely win and while it's no CL it's a cup competition I could get excited about us winning.
    Dream scenario is we win it and Wenger leaves on somewhat of a high.
    I suspect neither will happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger

Sign da ting
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.