User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CSKA Match Reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    It's a decent competition. Some good teams have come through it. Atletico being one of them.

I'm not watching the games at the moment and have no idea if that will change anytime soon. If we end up actually winning the thing, regardless of what it means for Wenger's future, I doubt I'll enjoy it as much as I should because I haven't been following the games. If the Board keep him for one more year, I highly doubt I'll watch the opening game for next season. Who knows where it goes from there.
    Not watching either. It's not a conscious decision to avoid watching the match on a pirated stream, because that would be a meaningless form of protest. It's just I don't remember they are even on. I'm doing other stuff. If I was at a loose end I'd probably still watch. But Wenger has killed my interest. The nonsense has gone on for too long. I can't be bothered engaging with a thing that is all about one man and his ego. He'll throw everything into this cup now, having totally fucked up another season in all respects. It's all he has left to try to justify hanging on to his job, and when it comes to Wenger saving his own hide he'll do whatever it takes. I can see him somehow, by whatever twist of fate, scraping out a win against Atleti in the final. Maybe they'll have a man sent off, maybe they'll eat dodgy lasagne, whatever. And then the Wenger cult will reappear and claim you can't sack a manager after he's won a European trophy (even though other top teams have done just that) and so it will all go round again. The momentary buzz of winning a cup will be obliterated by the realisation this second grade, rather pathetic man will spend at least another season regurgitating his usual bullshit. Been there, seen it so many times. How is it possible to be engaged by it any more? Maybe my interest will come back as we reach the tail end of next season and his contract is up. But don't be surprised if we win this thing and they give him a longer contract - to avoid uncertainty, of course. If that happens then I'm gone for good, like many fans I suspect.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a decent competition. Some good teams have come through it. Atletico being one of them.

I'm not watching the games at the moment and have no idea if that will change anytime soon. If we end up actually winning the thing, regardless of what it means for Wenger's future, I doubt I'll enjoy it as much as I should because I haven't been following the games. If the Board keep him for one more year, I highly doubt I'll watch the opening game for next season. Who knows where it goes from there.

Yeah I'm with you, the thought of Wenger staying on definitely dampens the excitement of winning, it's his ticket to a new contract, as NQ says he'll luck his way to the trophy and so it will all begin again, he won't leave and may well get an extension because "he's the best man for the job", sickening really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Not watching either. It's not a conscious decision to avoid watching the match on a pirated stream, because that would be a meaningless form of protest. It's just I don't remember they are even on. I'm doing other stuff. If I was at a loose end I'd probably still watch. But Wenger has killed my interest. The nonsense has gone on for too long. I can't be bothered engaging with a thing that is all about one man and his ego. He'll throw everything into this cup now, having totally fucked up another season in all respects. It's all he has left to try to justify hanging on to his job, and when it comes to Wenger saving his own hide he'll do whatever it takes. I can see him somehow, by whatever twist of fate, scraping out a win against Atleti in the final. Maybe they'll have a man sent off, maybe they'll eat dodgy lasagne, whatever. And then the Wenger cult will reappear and claim you can't sack a manager after he's won a European trophy (even though other top teams have done just that) and so it will all go round again. The momentary buzz of winning a cup will be obliterated by the realisation this second grade, rather pathetic man will spend at least another season regurgitating his usual bullshit. Been there, seen it so many times. How is it possible to be engaged by it any more? Maybe my interest will come back as we reach the tail end of next season and his contract is up. But don't be surprised if we win this thing and they give him a longer contract - to avoid uncertainty, of course. If that happens then I'm gone for good, like many fans I suspect.
    This is something that no Arsenal fan should want, trouble is if he wins it, people will forget everything that has gone before and revel in the win and the fact we're in the CL, basically this disastrous season (it's been a car crash let's face it) will be painted as a good season, seen this too many times before and know the way it goes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no way in hell we can even fluke a win against Atletico.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    There is no way in hell we can even fluke a win against Atletico.
    We have players that should be able to compete with them on a fairly even basis. It will all depend how much Wenger gets involved. If he stays out of things completely or the players ignore him then we have a decent chance. For every input he makes our chances diminish. If he has a major input then you are right, we have zero chance.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus Christ Zim, can you stop with the petty attacks on "Wenger in" people?

Literally no on this place wants him to stay and barely anyone in the wider Arsenal fanbase does either. All it does it create divisions, aggravate people and make the place even more toxic than it already is.

Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    I agree, they are clear favourites. They are man for man a better team than us, have a better manager than us who is tactically elite and have star quality in every area of their team.

We won't beat this lot, I'm pretty sure of that.
    We'd lose in a two leg tie I'm sure off but we may just be able to pull of a win in a one-off ala the Chelsea cup final last year.

I don't think they're better than us man for man tbh. The likes of Ozil, Mkhi & Lacazette are good enough to get into their team - I'd say it's pretty comparable. Where they completely shit us is as you say, the manager and tactics & setup which why they're favourites for this as long as they remain in it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Jesus Christ Zim, can you stop with the petty attacks on "Wenger in" people?

Literally no on this place wants him to stay and barely anyone in the wider Arsenal fanbase does either. All it does it create divisions, aggravate people and make the place even more toxic than it already is.

We'd lose in a two leg tie I'm sure off but we may just be able to pull of a win in a one-off ala the Chelsea cup final last year.

I don't think they're better than us man for man tbh. The likes of Ozil, Mkhi & Lacazette are good enough to get into their team - I'd say it's pretty comparable. Where they completely shit us is as you say, the manager and tactics & setup which why they're favourites for this as long as they remain in it.
    You must be in denial, there's still plenty about, you can bet your bottom dollar if he won the Europa cup and he signed a new contract people would be telling us he deserves it, you're only not seeing them much right now as it's been a car crash of a season, if it hadn't been they'd be harping on about how there's noone to replace him.

Atletico are a better team, better defensively and certainly better in midfield, they also have a better keeper, there's a reason they've been up there challenging for the big prizes in recent years, tactics, discipline, work ethic and the odd worldiie. Ozil and Lacazette may get into their team but that's about it, Mkhitaryan no chance, doesn't work hard enough and the reality is he hasn't been that impressive for years now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I'm not avoiding games out of protest either. I'm just not fussed about watching us play or can be bothered to find a stream if it's not on TV. I used to plan weekends around the football and avoid scheduling anything that would clash with an Arsenal game. Not the case anymore. The games are low on the priority scale. Win, lose or draw, it doesn't matter anymore. Unless the Board are prepared to pull the trigger on Wenger soon, I can't see the point in following the games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love us to win it and really hope that we do. Don't really care if it means he sees out the last year. I think he will see it out regardless. European trophies don't come around often and I was a little too young to really appreciate the cup winners cup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not avoiding games out of protest either. I'm just not fussed about watching us play or can be bothered to find a stream if it's not on TV. I used to plan weekends around the football and avoid scheduling anything that would clash with an Arsenal game. Not the case anymore. The games are low on the priority scale. Win, lose or draw, it doesn't matter anymore. Unless the Board are prepared to pull the trigger on Wenger soon, I can't see the point in following the games.
    You've turned into me

You