User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: CSKA Match Reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our attack looks good. I want us to win the thing but our defence is still suspect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I would love us to win it and really hope that we do. Don't really care if it means he sees out the last year. I think he will see it out regardless. European trophies don't come around often and I was a little too young to really appreciate the cup winners cup.
    What you haven't thought about is the potential new contract he could get if he wins the Europa, there's a definite possibility.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    What you haven't thought about is the potential new contract he could get if he wins the Europa, there's a definite possibility.
    Honestly, that hasn't occurred to me because I just don't think it is feasible enough to be overly concerned about. If he wins a trophy that equates more to achieving the minimum target of qualifying for the CL rather than actually moving forward and progressive success earning a new contract. And I do think we are at a stage where a new contract would have to be 'earned', otherwise, the last 2 year contract he got might have been a 3/4 years contract.

If Kroenke goes over several senior board heads and offers him a new contract then I tend to think he is probably of a mind to do that with or without the Europa triumph.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got to want to win it, sadly, I don't think out defence is good enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if our only two options are:

Win Europa and Wenger stays, OR Lose Europa and he goes, what would you pick?
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post

Win Europa... OR Lose Europa ... what would you pick?
    Win it, obviously.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Win Europa & Wenger says. He's an old man who'll retire eventually and there's no way in hell he's getting a new contract in the current climate so it'd be one more year at most.

No point spiting the club through losing out on a European Trophy, CL football and money as well as damaging our reputation & stature just to try and get rid of the old fool. Last season should have put bed to the notion that "if we finish out of the top four Wenger will go" - an argument that used to be frequently made on here.

All a moot point as I'm certain he's going in the summer. I'll even bet my account on it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the others said. If we won it and he stayed FOREVER then I may give a different answer but he is mortal...I think
    Would love it, just love it, if we won the EL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I may be able to live with the fact the Wenger is here for another year if it means winning the EL. However, my fear is that he will get another contract extension if he wins it. I can deal with one more season like this, but not sure of another.

If winning EL means we have another 3 seasons of him, I hope that we dont win it.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got to hope we win the EL, CL football next season, something for a new manager to get to grips with. Wenger will leave in summer wn't he? Promise me he will leave.