User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: CSKA Match Reaction

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We weren't better than Chelsea last year but we beat them in the FA Cup Final.
    On the day we weren't lucky, we were just better than them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes that's why I said you have a chance in a one off match, things go against your opponents or they don't turn up for some reason, takes luck when you're the inferior outfit, takes your opponents not to perform or get unlucky.

If Chelsea had performed like they could they would have wiped the floor with us, tey didn't turn up, think the title was won and they relaxed and were unprofessional and getting ready for their hols (can happen if you win the title before the end of the season).

Simeone is a better coach than Conte though, think one thing he does do is get his team motivated for big games, they always seem to turn up for those.
    Last edited by Özim; 10-04-2018 at 01:39 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was nothing lucky about the FA Cup Final win. We were much better than them on the day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just admitted they were a better team, is it not pretty lucky they didn't turn up then? When you play a better team and I don't mean more consistent I mean a team with better players and a better group you need to be lucky to win.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They did turn up, we just played really well on the day. They're not SO MUCH better than us that we had no chance of beating them, although they were clearly favourites.
    I mean, there are elements of luck and fine lines in any game.
    Lacazette could and should have equalised at the end of the NLD - had he done so we would have been very lucky to get a point out of that game.
    Sometimes a game finishes and you think you were lucky to win, or unlucky to lose. The Cup Final wasn't like that at all. On the day we played very well, we deserved it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We played well and deserved the win but were lucky to get away with Sanchez's blatant handball for the first goal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbh I'd forgotten about that. OK, I'll give you that.
    But overall on the balance of play we earned that win - and once they equalised it would have been typical of us to fall apart, but we didn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think Chelsea were suffering from a post title win hangover to be honest, they didn't perform like they can on the day, I don't think that Chelsea team were all that great in all fairness, they were better than us but we did thrash them 3-0 earlier in the season, pound for pound Liverpool and Man City teams of this season are better but still they were superior to us. Hence my indifference with Conte, I don't really think the team he's built is all that, moreover he fell out with his best forward Costa and replaced him with the awful Morata.

Atletico IMO are different class, they're better than us allover the pitch and have a better manager, we'd have to get lucky to beat them IMO.
    Last edited by Özim; 10-04-2018 at 03:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    We played well and deserved the win but were lucky to get away with Sanchez's blatant handball for the first goal.
    There's you luck right there!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interestingly, Atletico are not that prolific up front.
    They've scored only 51 goals in 31 games, the lowest in the top 5.
    Their defence looks pretty special though, they've only conceded 15, fewer than Barca even.
    Scored a fair number in the Europa League but as has been noted the quality is somewhat mixed, we have too.

I'll be honest, I don't know loads about them but I think on our day we'd have a chance.