Manager for life.
    Yes, so far.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Out of the starters today Aubameyang and Cech are worth keeping - the rest are beyond hope. They've forgotten how to execute even the basics of the game. It's an insult to call Xhaka and Elneny midfielders. A new role needs to be invented for them. The masters of marking empty spaces and defending from 10 yards behind the play. Literally pointless having them on the pitch as we effectively play with no midfield when they are selected. And Jack's decided he wants to be part of the same club.

Yes, of course, they've been Wengered. But even Wenger can't be telling them to give away simple 5 yard passes, or watch the opposition run straight past them unhindered.

And that bloke Wenger. What the fucking fuck? You know, there are still some fans who claim he's not the worst manager in the game, the most bizarre incompetent imaginable. Even the monkey Hughes can do the simple stuff like bring an extra striker on to recover a game. And there was Wenger, bringing our on form striker off because... why? What possible reason? It's incomprehensible. No other manager in the world is so illogical, irrational and fundamentally fucking useless. Worse than useless because we'd be far better off with no manager at all.

We should have stomped all over Hughes' pub team today. But we conspired in every way to make that an even game. We might as well put the players in sacks and give them spoons and eggs, that's how badly Wenger's input hampers this team.

If we want to win the Europa he needs to be put in a sack himself and thrown off a bridge.
    All you do.
    All you do.
    All you do is fucking moan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    All you do.
    All you do.
    And you cultists, all you do is look at the last result against a relegation struggler or pub outfit in the Loser Cup and come up with crazy statements like we're not bad in attack. Maybe you didn't watch the game, maybe you didn't see Welbeck, maybe you didn't see Laca stuck on the bench or watch as the old fool of a fraud we have in charge subbed out our on form striker. Or maybe this is all good enough for you. Maybe you've embraced being second rate. Or maybe you have a goldfish memory and can't recall you've seen all this before, so many times.

Ten years into this shit show - yes indeed, Wenger out. And anyone who isn't saying that supports Arsene FC rather than Arsenal FC.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A statement from Wenger after the match:

‘We have an offensive team,’ he said. ‘It means defenders are not always in best conditions to defend.’
    Incredible. Unless you are an Arsenal fan who knows painfully well how Wenger "manages" the defence.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    And anyone who isn't saying that supports Arsene FC rather than Arsenal FC.
    Fun fact: It's possible to say that and not moan about
    Every.
    Single.
    Thing.

We lose, you moan,
    We win, you moan.
    The games are boring, you moan.
    The games are exciting, you moan.
    We can't score for toffees, you moan.
    We score loads of goals, you moan.

Always look on the dull side of life...

No, I didn't see the game yesterday. I did see the CSKA game though and we were brilliant going forward. Complete mess at the back of course but I've come to expect that.
    We ARE good going forward, and it's obvious why Laca was on the bench yesterday when we have the CSKA game on Thursday and Aubameyang is cup tied for that.
    Overall I'd agree Wenger's management of Laca is...strange, to say the least. But yesterday it was clearly the right thing to do to stick him on the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermerree View Post
    You need to put weight on then!
    haha - moral of the story - never take the p*ss out of a typo without checking your own spelling VERY carefully...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's obvious why Laca was on the bench yesterday when we have the CSKA game on Thursday and Aubameyang is cup tied for that.
    Overall I'd agree Wenger's management of Laca is...strange, to say the least. But yesterday it was clearly the right thing to do to stick him on the bench.
    but then why take Auba off when he didn't have another game for a week and was playing well, to bring on Laca, who will travel and play on Thursday and can't afford to pick up a strain or other injury?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    but then why take Auba off when he didn't have another game for a week and was playing well, to bring on Laca, who will travel and play on Thursday and can't afford to pick up a strain or other injury?
    Well, true. I guess he thought a 20 minute run out was not a huge risk and keeps him little bit sharp. You can argue that one either way.
    I don't have a problem with him starting on the bench though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Because the bloke's off his trolley. Nothing he does makes any sense. It's like he does the opposite of what's logical in some attempt to make out he's operating on another level, a master in his own mind who sees things mere mortals can't.

He's been whinging about the fixture schedule again. Even though we had a couple of weeks off recently. Our players should be sharp as hell, but they are heavy legged according to Wenger. Supposedly it's a real challenge for professional sportsmen to play twice a week, even though all successful teams have been doing it for years.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fun fact: It's possible to say that and not moan about
    Every.
    Single.
    Thing.

We lose, you moan,
    We win, you moan.
    The games are boring, you moan.
    The games are exciting, you moan.
    We can't score for toffees, you moan.
    We score loads of goals, you moan.

Always look on the dull side of life...

No, I didn't see the game yesterday. I did see the CSKA game though and we were brilliant going forward. Complete mess at the back of course but I've come to expect that.
    We ARE good going forward, and it's obvious why Laca was on the bench yesterday when we have the CSKA game on Thursday and Aubameyang is cup tied for that.
    I said Auba was class.

I said everything else from yesterday was shit.

That's a very accurate assessment. Which bit do you disagree with?

We are so beyond looking at individual games now as any sort of indicator for the future. There's only ONE issue in play here and we all know what it is. That's the issue I focus on. I couldn't give a toss if our B team has struggled to a hack and punt win against the latest relegation strugglers we've faced. The result tells us nothing we didn't already know. Stoke, Watford, some Russian team that would probably be a relegation candidate too in the PL. So what?

That's what Wenger wants, isn't it? Forget the big picture and cheer like an idiot because we beat up some soon to be Championship team. Forget the big picture and take one game at a time because, let's just say some amazing fluke occurs and we can beat what will be two decent teams to win the EL. Then, with our short term memory established we can say we're in good shape, right? And we know what comes after that.

No, sorry. I won't be buying into your latest offer today. I'll stick with the big picture thanks.
    Für eure Sicherheit