User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction: Arsenal 3-2 Southampton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great win to carry on our min unbeaten run against pub sides at a time there's nothing to play for (optimal time to perform).

Got to give Wenger credit, when the going gets tough we go missing, but when it doesn't matter we're always there or thereabouts.

Special mention for Welbeck, been utter rubbish ever since he arrived, but todays' performance completes his transformation from being rubbish to being truly world class, again credit to Wenger, he's got the best out of him and turned him into a world class performer in 1 game out of 50 amazing.

Re Aubameyang, again credit to Wenger for taking him off, obviously he can't play in the Europa but it's important to keep him fresh for the crucial league games so that we can carry on our meaningless mini unbeaten run until the end of the season, taking off your best forward was really a stroke of genius to be honest.

Long may the mickey mouse run unbeaten run continue, hopefully Wenger will get his new richly deserved contract in the summer after delivering when it really doesn't matter anymore, hard to fault the guy.

In Wenger we trust, we don't know how lucky we are.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who are you and what have you done with Zim?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I said Auba was class.

I said everything else from yesterday was shit.

That's a very accurate assessment. Which bit do you disagree with?
    I admittedly didn't see the game - have recorded the highlights so will have a look later.
    I am sceptical that EVERYTHING else was shit though.
    You said that him and Cech are the only two players worth keeping from the starting XI.
    Again, I don't think that is true.
    We've had this conversation before a few times, you seem to swing wildly between "we need a couple of new players" (which I agree with) and "we need a massive clear out" (which I don't).
    I don't think our squad is that bad, our defence is suspect but I don't know if that is the players or the coaching. Bit of both, maybe but I lean towards the latter as the bigger issue.

We are so beyond looking at individual games now as any sort of indicator for the future. There's only ONE issue in play here and we all know what it is. That's the issue I focus on. I couldn't give a toss if our B team has struggled to a hack and punt win against the latest relegation strugglers we've faced. The result tells us nothing we didn't already know
    OK. But this is the match reaction thread. If you don't care about then fine. Don't post then.
    Yes, there are bigger issues but we know that, what's the point is banging on about it after every game?

I don't think EVERYTHING about the club is wrong, although a lot is.
    I don't think EVERYTHING Wenger does is wrong, although a lot is.

I don't know what Wenger wants - I think he probably wants the club to be a success on the pitch. There is no reason why he wouldn't want that. I don't think he's capable of delivering that - or not at the level we've come to expect.
    I don't think many people think that winning the Europa League would make everything right again, as I've said I'd like us to win it and Wenger leave, I don't think either will happen.

You don't have to cheer like an idiot but you don't have to moan like one either. You seem to struggle with anything other than an extreme opinion in either direction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    haha - moral of the story - never take the p*ss out of a typo without checking your own spelling VERY carefully...
    ha, ha.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seen the highlights.
    Wow! Our defence!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Seen the highlights.
    Wow! Our defence!
    Sol Campbell was the only decent defender Wumger ever signed. We can all create the list of dog shit he has signed in order to replace the best back 5 we have ever had. Ray Parlour has a great story about the Steponovs signing. He thought it was actually a wind up that we had signed him.
    Also very sad to see so many empty seats. However, you cannot blame people not bothering to watch that shite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Sol Campbell was the only decent defender Wumger ever signed.
    no
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    no
    Who then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Who then?
    Koscielny, for a start. Sagna. Lauren.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Koscielny, for a start. Sagna. Lauren.
    Forgive me. I meant central defenders.
    You will need to do better than Kos. Very average.