Thread: Match Reaction: Arsenal 3-2 Southampton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Match Reaction: Arsenal 3-2 Southampton

Welbz .

Welbz .

WUMger was determined to halt our winning run and destroy all momentum once and for all, but unfortunately for him Iwobi and Welbeck decided to do some things right in the final third for once.

Iwobi was actually really good and seemed to step up today. Welbz was Welbz. Some stuff bounced off him and crept into the net twice but he also had time to miss when even a trademark slip would have helped the ball in.

Considering WUMger's game-ruining objectives, I'm sure he sent Wilshere on with instructions to troll everyone.

Aubameyang is top, top, top quality. He's always on the move. He's sharper than anyone in our team in the way takes up positions where he can be dangerous rather than occupying the same spaces as others. He'd score an absolute shitload if we became a genuine team again.

Hughes .

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some well taken goals and for all of Welbeck being Welbeck with that horrible miss, he did play a part in all three goals so credit to him. Aubameyang is amazing and it's great having a striker that can finish most of these half chances we create. Haven't seen that since RVP days.

Thought Nelson was largely invisible and he missed a great opportunity to claim more game time, especially playing in his preferred position.

However the big negative is that our defending and ability to control the game is laughly amateurish. It was pathetic on Thursday despite the scoreline and still was that today. They were running straight through as and creating chances at will - any half decent team will score a hatful against us - Southampton scored two and could have had more. There's just zero organisation or setup for off-the-ball play and it makes you wonder what the hell Wenger does in training.

tl;dr - we basically can win the Europa League and the PL just as long as the other team don't try to actually attempt to score against us.

Jack

Another stinker. Looked like he was playing just after being told that he wouldn't get a new contract offer. Gave the ball away often and his shithousery resulted in the Elneny red card. What a twat. Needs to fuck off unless he's willing to accept a relegated status within the squad.

Oh yeah fuck off Hughes

Fuck off Southampton

Current bottom three to be the three that go down pls

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger

Are you not entertained? #Gladiator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our defending though...

Mustafi is a moron. Their first goal was a bog standard ball across the six yard box - all he had to do was make sure he got there first and clear it. Simple. Instead he stands on the spot and lets Shane Long get in front of him, and then he even has the gall to stare at Cech and throw up his arms as if is was his fault.

I repeat, Mustafi is a moron.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah I forgot to slag off Mustafi in my tl;dr.

What a fucking gimp.

Absolute clownshow at the back for the first goal and this coming hot of the heels of his game against City in the final. He seems like a terrible defender ( 35 million ) though I'm still slightly hesitant to fully write him off because it could just be our defensive coaching/system/competency (or lack thereof it) at play. Koscienly is the only CB that's looked half decent for us in the past decade.

At any rate give that Kos' legs have gone, BFG is retiring and neither Chambers/Holding are ready yet, it's painfully worrying what the future holds for our Central Defence. Mustafi is the only established starter and that's saying something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In fairness to Mustafi. (Sami Zayn) He has a tough wrestling match this afternoon, so his mind is no doubt elsewhere. Wumger should not have selected him.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Oh yeah I forgot to slag off Mustafi in my tl;dr.

What a fucking gimp.

Absolute clownshow at the back for the first goal and this coming hot of the heels of his game against City in the final. He seems like a terrible defender ( 35 million ) though I'm still slightly hesitant to fully write him off because it could just be our defensive coaching/system/competency (or lack thereof it) at play. Koscienly is the only CB that's looked half decent for us in the past decade.

At any rate give that Kos' legs have gone, BFG is retiring and neither Chambers/Holding are ready yet, it's painfully worrying what the future holds for our Central Defence. Mustafi is the only established starter and that's saying something.
    I don't think either of them are good enough for what we expect/want at Arsenal.
    Last edited by Goonermerree; 08-04-2018 at 06:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Thought Nelson was largely invisible and he missed a great opportunity to claim more game time, especially playing in his preferred position.
    yes agree, very disappointing

for the U23s he's been prepared to take players on and use his pace but i'm guessing he's been Wengerised into passing straight away, usually backwards or sideways

my guess is he's trying to play it safe but that doesn't make much impact - he needs to go for it

TBF it probably didn't help that the club itself made such a fuss about it being his first league start, they should have shut up and just let him get on with it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermerree View Post
    I don't think either of them are god enough for what we expect/want at Arsenal.
    yes, we do want gods here, not just ordinary mortal players :D

but i thin particulary Holding could turn out well and i think Chambers has come on too - but we need a senior pro at the back to replace Kos who i still really rate, but is getting creaky and having some bad games of late

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whats Wengers excuse for the half empty stands today? Success fatigue?

Kudos to those who have stayed away and kept away.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day