User Tag List

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa League Semi-Final Draw (13/04, some time).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    Even better.

Get pummeled by Utd, get knocked out the Europa by Atletico, end up finishing 6th.

How can you want us not to win the EL. We probably won't but heck, surely any Arsenal fan would want us to win this. It won't make a jot of difference as to whether or not Wenger goes or stays anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermerree View Post
    How can you want us not to win the EL. We probably won't but heck, surely any Arsenal fan would want us to win this. It won't make a jot of difference as to whether or not Wenger goes or stays anyway.
    Of course it does, it all basically hinges on it

A 6th placed finish, 2 years out the champions league and no trophy will mean an early end due to the end of season review he's having.

So I'll happily a sacrifice a trophy to get him out once and for all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    That means we get an easier final!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A 6th placed finish, 2 years out the champions league and no trophy will mean an early end due to the end of season review he's having.

Nah. Because fine, maybe he'll stay longer if we win it but maybe only an extra year. The times they are a-changing, I'd be surprised if he gets another extension.
    For the sake of another year of him I'd take a European Trophy.

Reckon over 2 legs Atletico probably have too much for us but you never know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    PL is dead so I expect us to put out a really weakened team for the Man Utd away game.
    Probably. Wenger has no pride and no shame and his primary goal for Arsenal Football Club now is to secure his own job. So there's every chance he'll chuck this game aginst our once major rivals. He won't give a fuck what the fans think about that, of course.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The EL is for losers anyway. Who gives a fuck about it?

If I thought it was a springboard and it would spur us on to actually compete in the CL then that would be different. But so what if we qualify for the CL? What does that get us other than another Wenger shit show?

One night of bragging rights set against another season of Wenger (at least)? That's not a choice at all. Wenger out is the only positive outcome we can hope for. Everything else is just part of the same old cycle.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh fuck off.

Any manager is going to rest players in that league game unless we had a chance of, say, winning the title or even top 4. We don't so the priority is clearly the Europa League tie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He might retire and go out on a high if we win EL. Tall order to win it anyway so I shouldn't worry too much

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Nah. Because fine, maybe he'll stay longer if we win it but maybe only an extra year. The times they are a-changing, I'd be surprised if he gets another extension.
    For the sake of another year of him I'd take a European Trophy.

Reckon over 2 legs Atletico probably have too much for us but you never know

Why risk it at all? Wenger is the ultimate weasel. And all the cultists will crawl out of their holes and start changing the narrative. There's every chance this fraud could steal another contract extension if we pub our way to a losers cup win. That's way too big a risk for any Arsenal fan to bear, surely.

The priority at this club is to get Wenger out. Everything else is meaningless. We can't move on until he has gone.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermerree View Post
    He might retire and go out on a high if we win EL. Tall order to win it anyway so I shouldn't worry too much
    He doesn't deserve to go out on a high - not after what he did at the end of last season. And besides, he's had several opportunities to do that but the old cunt always chose to put his own interests first.
    Für eure Sicherheit