User Tag List

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa League Semi-Final Draw (13/04, some time).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Oh fuck off.

Any manager is going to rest players in that league game unless we had a chance of, say, winning the title or even top 4. We don't so the priority is clearly the Europa League tie.
    Only losers think that way. That cunt Wenger was banging on about tired players again, even though we had most of March on holiday. He's a fraud filled with excuses.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    He doesn't deserve to go out on a high - not after what he did at the end of last season. And besides, he's had several opportunities to do that but the old cunt always chose to put his own interests first.
    He doesn't deserve to, but if we won he might. I don't think we'll win it anyway. Just think we get CL football, Wenger leaves and a new manager comes in from a position of strength. A person can hope and dream you know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only losers think that way. That cunt Wenger was banging on about tired players again, even though we had most of March on holiday. He's a fraud filled with excuses.
    Was he? Laat night after the match. What an idiot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then every manager of the history of the game is a loser then. They would all do it and you know it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why risk it at all? Wenger is the ultimate weasel. And all the cultists will crawl out of their holes and start changing the narrative. There's every chance this fraud could steal another contract extension if we pub our way to a losers cup win. That's way too big a risk for any Arsenal fan to bear, surely.

The priority at this club is to get Wenger out. Everything else is meaningless. We can't move on until he has gone.
    If I thought that winning the EL would mean another, say, 10 years of Wenger then there would be more to consider. But I reckon it'll be another season...and it might be another season anyway.
    In 20 years time when people remember the history of the club are they going to remember that Wenger stayed another couple of seasons and that it meant another season bumbling around failing to compete or will they remember that we won the Europa League. Given how sparse our victories in Europe have been, I'd take the EL any day.

As I said a while back, dream scenario is we win the EL and Wenger leaves with some dignity intact, I suspect neither will happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermerree View Post
    He doesn't deserve to, but if we won he might. I don't think we'll win it anyway. Just think we get CL football, Wenger leaves and a new manager comes in from a position of strength. A person can hope and dream you know.
    That's how it SHOULD be done. I'd buy into that if I thought Wenger had the club's interests at heart. But we know he doesn't. And neither does Kroenke. Kroenke will take the easy option if it presented to him.

What's more likely is that Gazidis and his team will be sidelined (or will leave) as Wenger uses another tinpot trophy to keep a grip on power.

We have 2 decent strikers now and a handful of decent players. That's enough for a competent manager to work with provided he's ruthless in clearing out the trash. Give Wenger another year and he'll ruin those players and sign up the trash on longer contracts and higher pay so we won't be able to get rid of them. Even one more year would do a lot of damage. Has to be the end of this season where we make the change. That's the priority.

Just imagine the scenario. We win the EL. Wenger is all over the shop taking the plaudits. And the day after, the club announces a new 2 year (or 3 year) deal. Now how does everyone feel? How sweet is that EL win under those circumstances?

You don't think Wenger will be pushing for that? You don't think he'll go over's Ivan's head again to get that?

Wenger's a snake. He already did his mea culpa the last time around, suggesting his contract uncertainty hurt the club. Well surely you can imagine the saintly Wenger suggesting a new contract is the only way to avoid that situation again? If he issues a fire me or extend my contract ultimatum to Stan, who's willing to bet which way that will go?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The EL is for losers anyway. Who gives a fuck about it?

If I thought it was a springboard and it would spur us on to actually compete in the CL then that would be different. But so what if we qualify for the CL? What does that get us other than another Wenger shit show?

One night of bragging rights set against another season of Wenger (at least)? That's not a choice at all. Wenger out is the only positive outcome we can hope for. Everything else is just part of the same old cycle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He might retire and go out on a high if we win EL. Tall order to win it anyway so I shouldn't worry too much
    Behave you know he'll use it as an excuse to sway Stan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was he? Laat night after the match. What an idiot.
    No, after the garbage performance and the garbage team he stuck out in the Soton match. Jeez, I can't even remember the details of that game now. It's all blurred into one horrendous shitheap. Tip tap, tip tap. Static. If our players are tired after that then they need to seek urgent medical attention.

Remember the days (not so long ago) when the players could bust a gut twice a week, no problem? In a much higher intensity league than the ultra bored, defensive PL bullshit we are subjected to today? End to end for 90 minutes, tough tackles, warriors like Keown, Adams, Vieira, Keane, and then do it again midweek and not a whinge between them? Remember the intensity in the tunnel before the kick off? Now they are all kissing each other and touching each other up, and exchanging underpants.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Then every manager of the history of the game is a loser then. They would all do it and you know it.
    They don't all chuck the match before the kick off. The competent ones may rotate based on a season long planned policy of rotation. Our fool will just change the whole team out and then watch as we spend the first 30 minutes trying to adjust to the new randomness, by which time the game will probably be lost.

You go out to win every game. Doesn't mean you need to play the same 11 every time. But neither does it mean you ignore the fucking game and chuck random pubbers out because you're obliged to show up.

BIG difference between a proper rotation policy and Wenger's nonsense. HUGE.
    Für eure Sicherheit