User Tag List

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa League Semi-Final Draw (13/04, some time).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    Behave you know he'll use it as an excuse to sway Stan
    Just like he did last time. It's not as if we don't have hard evidence of exactly what's going to happen.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Europa league is his free ticket to a new contract, he doesn't deserve one, shouldn't even be here next year however we know how we roll, we'll be in the CL and with a European trophy in our hands, the club will claim this is what we've been striving for and this proves we're progressing and that how can we not offer the man who made this happen a new contract, it would be proposperous!

So yeah would like to win the EL but if it means more time with Wenger, no thanks I don't want him here for a second more than he has to stay here.

Why are some people painting the EL to be a great trophy now, I've always said I was looking forward to being in it but most we're very negative and thought it was mickey mouse, at leat NQ has stuck to his guns and not suddenly changed his opinion and decided it's a great prize.

Besides NQ has a point, don't want to be in the CL making up the numbers, would rather be in the Europa league which is more our level, at least we have an outside chance of doing well in that seeing as it's mostly made up of pub teams. This is the sad thing of course, the CL with it's top 4 qualification criteria has really ruined the Europa, the teams that would have been in it are now in the CL, sad really, once upon a time the UEFA Cup was really special.
    Last edited by Özim; 13-04-2018 at 11:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermerree View Post
    He might retire and go out on a high if we win EL. Tall order to win it anyway so I shouldn't worry too much
    Not a chance, he won't retire not for quite some time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    If I thought that winning the EL would mean another, say, 10 years of Wenger then there would be more to consider. But I reckon it'll be another season...and it might be another season anyway.
    In 20 years time when people remember the history of the club are they going to remember that Wenger stayed another couple of seasons and that it meant another season bumbling around failing to compete or will they remember that we won the Europa League. Given how sparse our victories in Europe have been, I'd take the EL any day.

As I said a while back, dream scenario is we win the EL and Wenger leaves with some dignity intact, I suspect neither will happen.
    10 years? Who's talking about 10 years?

ONE year. That's all it will take for the club to sink even lower.

Top 2. Top 4. Top 6. That's the direction we have been going with Wenger over these last 15 years. Does anyone seriously imagine this fool will reverse the trend if he gets to extend his stay any longer? We're bottom of that top 6 group now. What's next? Top 8? Top 10? All as inconceivable to some as us being a top 6 team back in the days when we still knew how to compete. But with Wenger, think the worst and you are never disappointed.

One more year is another year too many.

10 years? LOL

Relegated if that ever happened.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    The Europa league is his free ticket to a new contract, he doesn't deserve one, shouldn't even be here next year however we know how we roll, we'll be in the CL and with a European trophy in our hands, the club will claim this is what we've been striving for and this proves we're progressing and that how can we not offer the man who made this happen a new contract, it would be proposperous!

So yeah would like to win the EL but if it means more time with Wenger, no thanks I don't want him here for a second more than he has to stay here.

Why are some people painting the EL to be a great trophy now, I've always said I was looking forward to being in it but most we're very negative and thought it was mickey mouse, at leat NQ has stuck to his guns and not suddenly changed his opinion and decided it's a great prize.
    It's literally a poisoned chalice. Let's sack the old goat. Take a broom to the deadwood. Supplement the few decent players we have. Put together a solid plan to attack the PL next season and get this club back on track. And mount a serious CL challenge. Like the clubs above us that we used to fight with and beat, because that's what big clubs are supposed to do.

The other option is to pub our way to a cup that consists of all the teams that couldn't make it into the big boy's competition. Keep hold of this useless manager and then delude ourselves about PL and CL victories.

We can't afford to win the EL. It would be terrible for the club if that somehow happened. It would derail every possibility for progress. Hell, if it was a choice between the CL and Wenger Out I'd be for the latter. Fortunately a choice we'll never have to make because Wenger is clueless when it comes to the real prizes. Instead we ponder the merits of winning a fake trophy that buys us 5 minutes of Thursday night glory at the expense of fuck knows how much more Wenger induced misery.

We need a hero to step up if we make the final. Somebody who will kick the ball into his own net. We might lose on the night but we'll win the greatest prize in modern football - Wenger Out. That's the prize we should be gunning for.

Wenger out FFS! It's enough now. 12 years. It has to stop.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Just like he did last time. It's not as if we don't have hard evidence of exactly what's going to happen.
    Pretty much.

He said he has plenty left in the tank and sees himself carrying on until Fergie's age, and Fergie managed until 71 years of age. On top of that Wenger is scared of retirement and knows he probably won't land another top managerial job, apart from maybe PSG, so he'll milk this as much as possible

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    Pretty much.

He said he has plenty left in the tank and sees himself carrying on until Fergie's age, and Fergie managed until 71 years of age. On top of that Wenger is scared of retirement and knows he probably won't land another top managerial job, apart from maybe PSG, so he'll milk this as much as possible
    He'd never go to PSG because he'd be shown up and out on his ear within a year. Arsenal is the only place he can hide.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post

Why are some people painting the EL to be a great trophy now
    , I've always said I was looking forward to being in it but most we're very negative and thought it was mickey mouse, at leat NQ has stuck to his guns and not suddenly changed his opinion and decided it's a great prize.

Besides NQ has a point, don't want to be in the CL making up the numbers, would rather be in the Europa .
    EL is the loser cup, but entry into the CL makes it a bit more important. Can't disagree about your last statement. They wanted a European super league, hey did it by extending the CL when no country went for it. I know we'll be making up numbers in the CL, but we might be ale to attract better players if we're in it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    He'd never go to PSG because he'd be shown up and out on his ear within a year. Arsenal is the only place he can hide.
    He'd be shown up at few clubs in the PL now.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fark! At Pool get Roma as well!

Oh well at least the only positive is that we can't fuck around as we have before. First leg is a home as well which is worrying.