User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Toon match reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Definitely, along with Xhaka, what a horrendous summer that was, Wenger thought he was being clever and yet he managed to spend 70 odd million on two duds.
    Wenger always thinks he`s clever. If everyone in the world tells him to buy a Griezmann for 30m. He will shock them by buying Sanogo for 25m.
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 16-04-2018 at 11:44 AM.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And finally we spend some money on players that everyone else thinks are decent too and we end up with Laca and Auba. Who knew?

All those players he almost signed but didn't measure up to his unique value judgements. Virtually all successful elsewhere and playing at the top of the game. Who could have guessed?

He's so unlucky to have been wrong on every occasion.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    Mustafi must be one of the worst value for money signings we have made. He is utter rubbish as a defender.

Thought our goal was good, and we did counter attack a fair few times which was nice to see. Anyway only 5 league games to go... so that's good. May 6th the battle for 6th place. game on.
    The worst I would say, in fact I'd go as far as to say Chambers and even Holding look much secure than him.

35million even now is a sizeable chunk of money to spend on a CB and we still managed to pick up a DUD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you have a manager who cant or wont coach, buying young players who are still learning the game. What do you expect?. Wenger watches a player, sees something he likes and "Bang"!. That it. the player will receive no more instructional coaching except that which he imbibes from seeing others play. His own shortcomings wont ever be pointed out to him and if he does not have it within himself to improve, there he will stagnate until Wenger`s arse is on the line and he quietly ships him out for a new prospect.

Svengali Wenger has blighted the career of many a new prospect and even succeeded in retrograding formerly seasoned players. He is lethal. His entire career was built on a short episode of 6 years between 1998-2004 and one T Henry.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Joker has more to say:

'I think it's very difficult to combine the Europa League on Thursday night and then playing Sunday morning. You play in Moscow, you come home, you play again away from home.

'This game is a bit special. On top of that, I must say the attitude of our team was spot on from the start.

'But it didn't work and I have to be realistic enough to say that maybe our balance offensively and defensively doesn't work.'

'Of course it's a concern because traditionally we have a very strong record away from home.

'It has a subconscious weight in our minds. Once you're in a negative spiral like that, it's very difficult to get out.'
    He gets the excuses in of course, that's his major attribute these days. But he also seems to have twigged, after 10 years, that there may be an issue with the defence. And then he talks about our never ending mentality problems.

Same shit as always. I wonder what the root cause could be? It's a mystery.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    The Joker has more to say:

He gets the excuses in of course, that's his major attribute these days. But he also seems to have twigged, after 10 years, that there may be an issue with the defence. And then he talks about our never ending mentality problems.

Same shit as always. I wonder what the root cause could be? It's a mystery.
    Too many roast dinners? It's a total mystery to be honest, I'm not surprised he's totally puzzled by it, if a man like him that speaks 12 million languages and is a professor in economics doesn't know, there's no way a mere mortals like us would have a clue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If:
    - Arsenal don't win Europa League
    - Burnley overtake them in the Premier League
    - Southampton don't win FA Cup

Arsenal's season would kick off on July 26 with the second preliminary round of the Europa League, 11 days after the World Cup Final.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest if we won the EL the league finish becomes irrelevant. Although I’d rather not finish below Burnley if it can be helped.

I do fear the remaining league games are going to make for difficult viewing though and if Burnley are motivated enough which I’m sure they are, then I don’t see why they can’t finish above us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    If:
    - Arsenal don't win Europa League
    - Burnley overtake them in the Premier League
    - Southampton don't win FA Cup

Arsenal's season would kick off on July 26 with the second preliminary round of the Europa League, 11 days after the World Cup Final.

So we could still get into the EL even if we lose everything? Including 6th spot to Burnley?

That's astounding. It just shows what a piece of shit competition the EL is.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    When you have a manager who cant or wont coach, buying young players who are still learning the game. What do you expect?. Wenger watches a player, sees something he likes and "Bang"!. That it. the player will receive no more instructional coaching except that which he imbibes from seeing others play. His own shortcomings wont ever be pointed out to him and if he does not have it within himself to improve, there he will stagnate until Wenger`s arse is on the line and he quietly ships him out for a new prospect.

Svengali Wenger has blighted the career of many a new prospect and even succeeded in retrograding formerly seasoned players. He is lethal. His entire career was built on a short episode of 6 years between 1998-2004 and one T Henry.
    Good players like Nelson, Nketiah and Willock look lost when they're put in the first team exactly because of what you say.

In his debut recently Nelson didn't seem to feel he was allowed to play his attacking game and instead joined the collect-and-pass-harmlessly-backwards brigade.

Eddie got those two goals againts Norwich but ever since Wenger's made sure he doesn't do it again by bringing him on at the end of games out of position.