User Tag List

Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wenger's future, possible extension and possible... departure?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wenger's future, possible extension and possible... departure?

We don't really have a thread for Wenger's future, things just get bunged into the random thread. His contract is running out and there's whispers of him potentially leaving, attention will naturally turn to discussing his future and possible replacements.

Layth just posted this exclusive:

EXCLUSIVE: Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger threatens underperforming players with ultimatum: Achieve top four or it's 'all change in the summer'. Read my @islingtongztte piece https://t.co/yjKwUdGmsk

Islington Gazette reporting Wenger had a meeting with the board yesterday. Does change mean changing the players or change in management?

If the latter then Ivan
    Last edited by Cripps; 27-02-2018 at 11:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have my thread, Wenger the Cunty Cunt of a Cunt Updates. Can't we use that?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    We don't really have a thread for Wenger's future, things just get bunged into the random thread. His contract is running out and there's whispers of him potentially leaving, attention will naturally turn to discussing his future and possible replacements.

Layth just posted this exclusive:

EXCLUSIVE: Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger threatens underperforming players with ultimatum: Achieve top four or it's 'all change in the summer'. Read my @islingtongztte piece https://t.co/yjKwUdGmsk

Islington Gazette reporting Wenger had a meeting with the board yesterday. Does change mean changing the players or change in management?

If the latter then Ivan
    Exclusive: Wenger in, "Fuck, I might be out on my arse this time. I think I'll try to lay it all on the players because I'm a deluded shit who can never take responsibility", shocker!
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Threatening them with change.

That’s one way to ensure we won’t be in the CL. The players are probably delighted to hear that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this stage last season he changed the formation to inspire one last push and glory. What can he do this time?

Also on a separate note someone mentioned Unai Emery will probably be available in the summer...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Left it a bit late hasn't he, we literally have no chance of top 4, we'd need a numberof teams to lose several games for a start which isn't in our control.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger on his future: "I turned the whole world down to respect my contracts so I am amazed that I still have to answer these type of questions."

HCZ
    Hard to know whether he’s being obtuse or whether he’s being arrogant

No one is asking you if you’re going to walk away we know you won’t, we are asking if you are going to be sacked

You’re not a king who rules by divine right being asked to abdicate, you’re an employee who serves at the pleasure of the club

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    Wenger on his future: "I turned the whole world down to respect my contracts so I am amazed that I still have to answer these type of questions."

I wish he hadn't! If you put the almost signed players and the all the best football clubs in the world he's turned down that would be quite some list.

I think he's amazed anyone would dare question him, in his eyes he built Arsenal, makes me laugh he would laud his European record when he'd qualified for the CL for x amount of years when in all that time he'd never actually won a trophy in Europe and only got to one CL final (and one UEFA Cup final to be fair).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hitler did this in his bunker during the final days, didn't he? Started screaming at his generals and replacing them with those who would agree to send imaginary armies to crush the advancing allies. But it was all too little, too late and too mentally fucked up.

Somebody needs to do the video. The Rise and Fall of Wenger.
    Für eure Sicherheit