User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Away Form

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Bragging rights for a day and cash for the board. That's all we get.

I'd easily sacrifice the EL if it meant getting a serious title challenge next season. Not even winning the PL - just challenging. That's enough and far, far more valuable than any second rate cup for losers.

But even that cup would be useful as a stepping stone. But it won't be. It'll be a watering hole in Wenger's desert of mediocrity. It'll keep us going so we can trudge through another year of desolation.

Pointless. A fun day out. That's the maximum value if we intend to let Wenger drag us off into the shit the day after.

Now if we won it and he resigned the next day. That's joy. The Losers Cup win would be fun. The joy would come from that resignation and the whole new world of possibilities it opened up.

He won't resign though. No chance. And 99% chance we won't win it anyway. More chance of us finishing up 7th to round out another dismal Wenger season with fuck all.
    Dear God you're a misery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd fucking love it if we won this trophy.

Don't fucking try and tell me it's meaningless.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Dear God you're a misery
    He's got a point though, nothing wrong with winning this if we then go into the CL and give it a good go, this needs to be a step to bettering ourselves. If this is just a token win to keep Wenger in a job or even worse get him a new contract then it's a poison chalice really.

For years Wenger hailed his record of getting into the tpp 4 every year as some sort of modern day miracle, the whole point of being in the top 4 was to be in the CL and the whole point of being in the CL is to try and win it, we haven't really done that for over a decade, making up the numbers and getting hammered when we meet someone decent just isn't anyones' idea of giving a good go.

Does anyone want a repeat of this season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Dear God you're a misery
    No. I'm 100% committed to making this all about Wenger.

Because it is, and it has been that way for a long time.

There's nothing meaningful that can possibly happen at this club until he's gone and we know this to be true by looking back over the last 10 years.

Everything else is a distraction.

And even if that wasn't the case, being the best loser out there by winning the loser's cup is more embarrassing than anything else.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    He's got a point though, nothing wrong with winning this if we then go into the CL and give it a good go, this needs to be a step to bettering ourselves. If this is just a token win to keep Wenger in a job or even worse get him a new contract then it's a poison chalice really.

For years Wenger hailed his record of getting into the tpp 4 every year as some sort of modern day miracle, the whole point of being in the top 4 was to be in the CL and the whole point of being in the CL is to try and win it, we haven't really done that for over a decade, making up the numbers and getting hammered when we meet someone decent just isn't anyones' idea of giving a good go.

Does anyone want a repeat of this season?
    Yep, exactly how I feel and what I think.

Winning Europa and preparing for CL at any other big club would be seen as a step in the right direction.

Winning it at Arsenal just keeps Wenger in his job, nothing more to it than that.

How much more evidence do folks need to see to not get that things will not improve or change whilst Wenger is here?

We won't challenge for the title, will not make top 4 barring an absolute collapse from any of our rivals, won't strengthen the team in the way it should be strengthened or even setup the team in the way it should be setup.

Nobody even cares about how many points we have, the bare minimum at a Football club with the resources we have should be a top 4 finish! We are paying our star player 300K per week FFS and have 100Million pounds worth of strikers upfront, the money is there, we just have a dud of a manager who has no idea what he is doing!

The likes of the Spuds and Liverpool are improving season upon season and we are going backwards!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've let our standards slide right down to the level of a mid table PL club with half or resources, or less. And now it's supposed to be a measure of success if we win a second tier trophy. I don't get how that works. Are we supposed to ignore everything that has happened and start cheering our second rate status? Can Wenger really pull off such a blatant deception?

How the hell can he look anyone in the face a we languish in mid table making a shitfaced effort to fight off tiny Burnley? He keeps pointing at FA Cups and possible EL trophies while we are a million miles away from the purpose of a so-called major club. Is he going to get away with this? Again? If he does then settle in for years more of this shit because if he doesn't get sacked after this shameful season, he's got a job for life.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    We've let our standards slide right down to the level of a mid table PL club with half or resources, or less. And now it's supposed to be a measure of success if we win a second tier trophy. I don't get how that works. Are we supposed to ignore everything that has happened and start cheering our second rate status? Can Wenger really pull off such a blatant deception?

How the hell can he look anyone in the face a we languish in mid table making a shitfaced effort to fight off tiny Burnley? He keeps pointing at FA Cups and possible EL trophies while we are a million miles away from the purpose of a so-called major club. Is he going to get away with this? Again? If he does then settle in for years more of this shit because if he doesn't get sacked after this shameful season, he's got a job for life.
    I know it beggars belief. Wenger is failing in every single area of his job, he shouldn't even be here now let alone next season or the season after that.

He has absolutely nothing to hide behind now, our arch rivals have overtaken us and they barely spend any money! That's right, Poch over at the Spuds has built a bonafide top 4 team through organisation and implementing a system and focus / mentality into his players.

Yes they don't win trophies, yes they haven't won the league, yes they do at times bottle crunch games....but at least they have a plan, they have ambition, they want to improve. They put us to shame to be brutally honest.

Meanwhile our manager hides behind excuses about fatigue in his players and such like...he's a total embarrassment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poch has done okay, that's about all. But that's all he's needed to do to whip Wenger's sorry arse. We didn't do a Leeds and collapse into obscurity. The whole point of our so-called sustainable model was to build brick upon brick, season after season, so we could consolidate our place at the top. But Wenger has somehow fucked that up. We're richer than ever, with more resources at our disposal than ever. And Wenger is pulling us down the league.

And people still ask the question, should he go?

YOU WHAT?

Should we sack the worst manager in football? A guy who literally fucks a gift horse in the arse?

Let me think.

As soon as we get even a semi-competent manager in here we'll be back challenging and overtaking the spuds. A couple of transfer windows and a season spend eradicating Wenger's bullshit and we'll be back in the game.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    He's got a point though, nothing wrong with winning this if...
    See, you lost me at "if".
    A trophy doesn't have to be a stepping stone or lead to anything.
    We have won 2 European trophies in our entire history. For a club our size that really isn't that good.
    This is a chance to win a 3rd, it would be another bit of our history.
    I can't believe Arsenal fans are turning their nose up at this.
    I literally don't think fans of any other club would be so sniffy or put conditions on this
    "we only want to win this if...". Ridiculous.

I don't think we will win it but I'd love it, just love it, if we do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, is that your opinion or your tactic?

Everyone. Watch out for the Wenger brigade crawling out of every hidey hole if (and "if" is huge in this instance because we have close on zero chance) we win this thing. Suddenly it'll go from, oh it's just an isolated trophy, to, you can't sack a manager who just won a European trophy. Watch closely as that exact thing happens. IF, we win it.

Be very careful not to get suckered in.

On the night, IF there is a night, then our own personal experiences with this club will kick in and we'll want to win. But directly after - don't forget to start baying as loudly as you can for Wenger to get the fuck out. Because if you don't, that cunt will slide into another contract and it will have been this trophy that delivers it to him.
    Für eure Sicherheit