User Tag List

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: WENGER IS LEAVING!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excited to see what the manager can do with this bunch, hopefully a mass clearout in the defence and midfield and a return to counter attacking.

Looking forward to some fresh faces and no more of the nonsense and resistance regarding making transfers, all really exciting, we can go into big competitions thinking we could win it at last!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot hinges on who comes in really....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Emirates will be a sell out now until the end of the season

It's party time!
    Annoyingly so yes (for me)!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Pretty much, the thing is the new manager will need time, it's a big job in terms of everything that needs changing, whatever happens next Wenger wasn't the man to take us forward and I'll never look back with regret, this club has been managed by one man for 22 years, he's been involved in everything so anyone that comes in after him has a major jobs stamping his mark and changing things, but at least now there's hope again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A new manager might kick some arse and not put up with prima donnas being tired. Ozil might have to play more matches. A new manager might get us playing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope the people that wanted him out are celebrating and not getting caught up in the nostalgic side to all this.

A lot of people have waited far too many years for this moment and should be very very happy.

I am partly still in shock and cannot believe it has really happened, but I am very happy it has.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    I hope the people that wanted him out are celebrating and not getting caught up in the nostalgic side to all this.

A lot of people have waited far too many years for this moment and should be very very happy.

I am partly still in shock and cannot believe it has really happened, but I am very happy it has.
    I am happy, but tinged with a bit of sadness for him that he didn't leave earlier, perhaps after an FA cup win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also very happpy he's going, yes he had successes but the reality is the major successes were many, many years ago, those are just a distant memory now.

He should have left in 2005, he would have left as a great then, sadly he tarnished his legacy since then, so for me it's a happy day he's gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I'm also very happpy he's going, yes he had successes but the reality is the major successes were many, many years ago, those are just a distant memory now.

He should have left in 2005, he would have left as a great then, sadly he tarnished his legacy since then, so for me it's a happy day he's gone.
    As they said in Batman, "You Either Die A Hero, Or You Live Long Enough To See Yourself Become The Villain"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The timing is interesting. The board apparently let him know they don't want him to remain next season which prompted Wenger to throw in the towel in fear of being sacked. Why have the board done that now? Why at this precise stage? There's still a few games left. Is it because a manager they have their eye on is in talks elsewhere and they are scared of missing out? In that case, who could that be? Tuchel, Enrique and Allegri are the obvious names that spring to mind (although Tuchel is a no go tbh).