Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: WENGER IS LEAVING!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    A lot hinges on who comes in really....
    It does but we were in far worse shape when Wenger came IMO. There is definitely a cultural problem at the club but things have been changing higher up in the past few years.

Call me nostalgic if you want but we’re most definitely a sleeping giant. With the right appointment and some solid recruitment in the right areas we will be back up there fighting for top 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were in worse shape....very true Selassie....but we then appointed a genius. Not sure the next manager will be a genius but I'm hopeful and we won't need a genius to move forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    The timing is interesting. The board apparently let him know they don't want him to remain next season which prompted Wenger to throw in the towel in fear of being sacked. Why have the board done that now? Why at this precise stage? There's still a few games left. Is it because a manager they have their eye on is in talks elsewhere and they are scared of missing out? In that case, who could that be? Tuchel, Enrique and Allegri are the obvious names that spring to mind (although Tuchel is a no go tbh).
    Because it clears the air and doesn't leave doubt lingering through to the end of the season and the summer. That would have made it all about Wenger again. Now they can make it all about the new guy coming in.

I said the other day, they have to sack him now, today. That's the smart move. I can't believe they actually did it. Otherwise a EL win could be used to con Stan into a new contract. The board has removed that possibility. They have cut off the chance of an end run of the same kind Wenger pulled last time.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermerree View Post
    I am happy, but tinged with a bit of sadness for him that he didn't leave earlier, perhaps after an FA cup win.
    Well now he has one final chance to leave on the high of a EL win. He's damn fortunate to have the chance considering all the others he's passed up. He has to dig out everything he has left and go for it. No more fear. Take advice. Do some homework. Make some concessions.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Well now he has one final chance to leave on the high of a EL win. He's damn fortunate to have the chance considering all the others he's passed up. He has to dig out everything he has left and go for it. No more fear. Take advice. Do some homework. Make some concessions.
    I think most people in football will be wishing for him to win the EL now. (Not Tottnum or other teams still left in EL)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pressure must have been intense. as we all know. "Wenger respects contracts". I am sure he would on his own have stuck it out till the bitter end even through an absolutely poisonous atmosphere next year. He must have been totally blanked by Kroenke Snr this time.

Josh the knife
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Because it clears the air and doesn't leave doubt lingering through to the end of the season and the summer. That would have made it all about Wenger again. Now they can make it all about the new guy coming in.

I said the other day, they have to sack him now, today. That's the smart move. I can't believe they actually did it. Otherwise a EL win could be used to con Stan into a new contract. The board has removed that possibility. They have cut off the chance of an end run of the same kind Wenger pulled last time.
    We're still quite a way out from the end of the season. Fergie announced it on 8th May. Today is the 20th April. The board seem to have stepped it up quite early, why? We've had years of lingering doubt, what more would a few more weeks do? Maybe there's more to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    The pressure must have been intense. as we all know. "Wenger respects contracts". I am sure he would on his own have stuck it out till the bitter end even through an absolutely poisonous atmosphere next year. He must have been totally blanked by Kroenke Snr this time.

Josh the knife
    Seems like his presence was more than just token.

Have we finally got someone competent on the board that values sporting success as much as business?

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly given how shit we've been, the new manager will have at least a year's good will.

As long as evidence is being made of progress I think the fans will be happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    We're still quite a way out from the end of the season. Fergie announced it on 8th May. Today is the 20th April. The board seem to have stepped it up quite early, why? We've had years of lingering doubt, what more would a few more weeks do? Maybe there's more to it.
    EL semis. In the lull before the storm. The whole club will go into that united now. There will be a whole new energy to it.

I've gone from apathy to the most eager anticipation and I'm sure the same will be true of so many fans.

The timing is perfect without there having to be any more reason behind it than that. Not saying there isn't anything else going on behind the scenes, there most probably is. But what we have now is good enough.

And I think there will be a subtle change in the way the new manager is brought in too. We are not chasing a manager in the summer months now, we can stand back and watch them all chase us instead, in the full glare of the media. And I'm sure that's going to happen.
    Für eure Sicherheit