User Tag List

Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: WENGER IS LEAVING!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post

That's unlike Arsene. I would have expected him to have made a long, emotional speech when addressing the players. Seems to me he might be pissed off. Something clearly happened yesterday. One minute he was saying he wanted to give Santi a new deal and overnight he's decided to walk.

Reckon he's had a meeting with the board where they've hinted he's getting hooked and Wenger has decided to do it on his terms.
    Yep sounds like he was pushed. There is an article in The Times where they basically said the board told him to walk or they would fire him.

The appointments of the Director Of Football from Barca and the Scout / Head Of Recruitment from Dortmund were quite clearly strategic moves made by Gazidis to remove the remaining bits of power away from Wenger aside from managing the team.

I do think that the likes of Gazidis have been sounding out possible replacements all season hence all the rumours etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Respect to Wenger. The media outlets are talking about nothing else but what Arsene brought to English football. It is a big deal. I wanted Wenger out, I wish he'd gone earlier, but now everybody has respect for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    Pires diving and causing the the Millennium bug.
    Keown at Old S***eford

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermerree View Post
    Respect to Wenger. The media outlets are talking about nothing else but what Arsene brought to English football. It is a big deal. I wanted Wenger out, I wish he'd gone earlier, but now everybody has respect for him.
    Yes, maybe he'll realise that's what we wanted to do all along, just a bit sooner...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post

That's unlike Arsene. I would have expected him to have made a long, emotional speech when addressing the players. Seems to me he might be pissed off. Something clearly happened yesterday. One minute he was saying he wanted to give Santi a new deal and overnight he's decided to walk.

Reckon he's had a meeting with the board where they've hinted he's getting hooked and Wenger has decided to do it on his terms.
    Let's be real. Ivan tried to get Wenger out last season and Wenger got the better of him. This is Ivan's response and Wenger gave him all the ammo he needed with this bullshit season. There's no love here, just a power battle. And Wenger's had his legs chopped before he can use a possible EL win to turn the tide back in his favour. Judging by Stan's (rare) comment, I figure Wenger has twigged (or was informed) he won't get support from him this time around. Murder on the Emirates Express, they all did it. That's my wild guess.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post

Ty's reaction

Wearing his wooly hat in this heat
    Robbie suggesting the new guy might run Ty over
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    That reeks of propaganda sandwiched between truth for added effect.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taking the safe assumption England will have a catastrophic World Cup, I wonder will Wenger end up in that role? They've wanted him for a long time.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should retire from football, like Ferguson did (at least he did at the top) he's past it, would be a disaster for him if he took another job and inevitably failed.