User Tag List

Page 107 of 119 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1181

Thread: The next manager..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As ancelotti is off bounds now. Bring in rafa.

Novice managers dont generally succeed at the biggest clubs.

As you can see think lampard is unravelling a bit at chelsea. Its the experience of changing things when behind. They have lost at home to west ham and bournemouth.

Just cant see how arteta will turn things around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn it - wanted Everton to hire Emery so we could call them Eberton. What a waste...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    As ancelotti is off bounds now. Bring in rafa.

Novice managers dont generally succeed at the biggest clubs.

As you can see think lampard is unravelling a bit at chelsea. Its the experience of changing things when behind. They have lost at home to west ham and bournemouth.

Just cant see how arteta will turn things around.

Lampard had at least proved hmself at Derby as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Damn it - wanted Everton to hire Emery so we could call them Eberton. What a waste...

Very good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Yep! Why not? Everyone has to start somewhere.
    We went for "tried and tested" in Emery and he was dog shit.
    At least give him a chance.
    Why not? Because he has no real experience of management at this level!
    Yes, people have to start somewhere but no-one starts out in business as the chairman of ICI. People work their way up and learn.
    I mean, if he comes in then of course I'll support him and hope he does well but a club of Arsenal's stature - and for all the self loathing going on right now, we're still a very big club - should be getting a top class manager. Fine, Emery didn't work out but that that doesn't mean the principle of getting a top level manager is wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Why not? Because he has no real experience of management at this level!
    Yes, people have to start somewhere but no-one starts out in business as the chairman of ICI. People work their way up and learn.
    I mean, if he comes in then of course I'll support him and hope he does well but a club of Arsenal's stature - and for all the self loathing going on right now, we're still a very big club - should be getting a top class manager. Fine, Emery didn't work out but that that doesn't mean the principle of getting a top level manager is wrong.
    What is a top class manager though. No reason why someone like wilder at sheff utd or dyche couldnt improve us. We need someone with a plan. Someone organised. Someone who adds a structure to the team. I have no problem with getting a lesser known manager but someone who has experience. Give them a chance.

Wenger was not a top class manager but we were still a big club back then.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with most of that. All I will say though is while Wenger wasn't known well in England we got him at a time when most people didn't know much about what was going on in football outside England.
    He had impressed Dein and others with what he'd done elsewhere. He had a fairly impressive record.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    What is a top class manager though. No reason why someone like wilder at sheff utd or dyche couldnt improve us. We need someone with a plan. Someone organised. Someone who adds a structure to the team. I have no problem with getting a lesser known manager but someone who has experience. Give them a chance.

Wenger was not a top class manager but we were still a big club back then.
    When Wenger got the job, times were different, yes we were a big club but in those days management was rather different, there weren't many foreign managers, Rioch when we took him on was very good, he'd done a great job at Bolton in his previous job, but there were not so many elite managers, Cruyff maybe and a few others but those guys went to Italy to manage.

Times are different now, big clubs generally look to appoint big managers on the whole, they certainly don't employ people with no experience, Arteta just shouldn't even be an option for us, purely on the basis he has never managed, Chelsea appointed Lampard but he'd managed and done well at Derby and was a Chelsea legend, they've also had all kinds of managers, some of the biggest around who have brought success and they will happily change manager as and when it's needed.

Arsenal on the other hand don't like to change managers, getting rid of Wenger and Emery was drawn out, it's very different. We really need the right person to get us back up the table, we don't want to waste another 2 years and see our stock fall further, make no mistake the longer we miss out on CL money the harder it will be to ever get back there, we'll also struggle to get the quality of player we need to get back up there. Arteta is a huge risk in that respect, we really need CL football for financial reasons so that we can sign better players and afford more wages, once there we can then progress further.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Got to love it, Everton get Ancelotti a proven manager who's won leagues and the champions league, Arsenal get a guy who has never managed, is it any wonder this is becoming a joke of a club?
    Frankly I wouldnt want Ancelotti here. Dont think he'd turn anything around at the club. He would have been a good choice in 2011 or 2012.. now we are a mid-table team with no identity. I am not sold on Arteta but I'd rather him or an up and coming manager like Nagelsman or Ten Hag..
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Frankly I wouldnt want Ancelotti here. Dont think he'd turn anything around at the club. He would have been a good choice in 2011 or 2012.. now we are a mid-table team with no identity. I am not sold on Arteta but I'd rather him or an up and coming manager like Nagelsman or Ten Hag..
    I wouldn't take Arteta under any circumstances, Nagelsman, Ten Hag, yes but they have managed and proved themselves to an extent, Arteta is a nobody, I'd choose Ancelotti over him for sure.

Napoli beat Liverpool under him, no mean feat given how there season is going.