Page 111 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1181

Thread: The next manager..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Sounds like Arteta could be in charge for the Everton game on Saturday, once compensation is agreed.
    Is that compensation for the fans who have paid through the nose to sit and watch this shit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Sounds like Arteta could be in charge for the Everton game on Saturday, once compensation is agreed.

Though we’ve apparently pissed off City by not approaching them formally.
    How do you approach the gypos formally? Do you park your trailer next to theirs and invite them around for special brew? Fuck them. How many times did they come around nabbing our players? Mind you, considering the shite we sold them, I suppose we should thank them too.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We haven't made any contact with Citeh.

Improving relations again.

Wonder if we're getting cold feet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    We haven't made any contact with Citeh.

Improving relations again.

Wonder if we're getting cold feet.
    Emery to be announced.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there's no doubt we must have messed up on Ancellotti - even though we're struggling we are (for the time being) a bigger club than Neverton and he'd surely have come here if we'd gone to him straight and said 'we'd liike to offer you the job'.

instead we're fuhking around and will probably end up with Eddie Howe (if we're lucky)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Emery to be announced.
    Good ebening!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    there's no doubt we must have messed up on Ancellotti - even though we're struggling we are (for the time being) a bigger club than Neverton and he'd surely have come here if we'd gone to him straight and said 'we'd liike to offer you the job'.

instead we're fuhking around and will probably end up with Eddie Howe (if we're lucky)
    I'm still not convinced Ancellotti would have been right for us - he feels more like the type of coach you'd want in charge of a 'Galactico' squad, where the players already know their business to a high professional standard, and just need someone to stroke some egos, keep them focussed and apply the tactical finishing touches to turn them into winners. He'd have been a fine choice for a bunch of pros like the Invincibles, but with this current lot? I don't know. I think we need far, far more work than just a good coach who can pick the right team and make the right tactical calls on match days. The culture at this club is rotten and our approach to pretty much everything needs a major shake up. This is not going to be a quick fix.

Whatever concerns you have about Arteta and his lack of experience in the dugout (all valid), I'll say this for him - I think he's probably the only candidate we're looking who truly understands the size of the job at hand, and just how bad things are right now. He was there at the tail end of Wenger's reign, when standards had dropped off a cliff, and he went straight from that to City with their elite set-up and their ambitions to conquer the world - he will be painfully aware of how stark the difference is between us and genuine contenders, and he should have a plan for it. With all the other candidates, I genuinely don't think any of them fully understand what they'd be walking into...
    Last edited by I am invisible; 19-12-2019 at 12:56 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Emery to be announcing Wenger.
    FYP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    City are asking for £2m to release Arteta from his contract suppose it would help them with FFP as there is only so much FIFA/UEFA can do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    I'm still not convinced Ancellotti would have been right for us - he feels more like the type of coach you'd want in charge of a 'Galactico' squad, where the players already know their business to a high professional standard, and just need someone to stroke some egos, keep them focussed and apply the tactical finishing touches to turn them into winners. He'd have been a fine choice for a bunch of pros like the Invincibles, but with this current lot? I don't know. I think we need far, far more work than just a good coach who can pick the right team and make the right tactical calls on match days. The culture at this club is rotten and our approach to pretty much everything needs a major shake up. This is not going to be a quick fix.

Whatever concerns you have about Arteta and his lack of experience in the dugout (all valid), I'll say this for him - I think he's probably the only candidate we're looking who truly understands the size of the job at hand, and just how bad things are right now. He was there at the tail end of Wenger's reign, when standards had dropped off a cliff, and he went straight from that to City with their elite set-up and their ambitions to conquer the world - he will be painfully aware of how stark the difference is between us and genuine contenders, and he should have a plan for it. With all the other candidates, I genuinely don't think any of them fully understand what they'd be walking into...

I too do not think Ancelotti would have done well at the club. He has recently been shite wherever he has gone and his stock is on the decline.. I did not see him making drastic changes this squad needs to become competitive. We need to teach our group of players basic tactics- off the ball positioning, first touch, passing etc before we can even dream of becoming top 4 again.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..