Thread: The next manager..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks like it's definitely Arteta

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50850088

but we're making a mess of it!
    Last edited by Mac76; 19-12-2019 at 03:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post

Only we can fuck shit up this way.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we're rapidly becoming a complete joke of a club with owners who don't understand football giving responsibility to a bunch of guys who don't know how to behave and don't really have a clue about where the club should go

i'm getting to the point wherre i blame the Kroenkes less than Raul and co, though obviously the Kroenkes appointed them but hey they were assured these guys knew what they were doing...

if reports are true then it was Josh questionning whether Emery was the right manager before Raul and co were...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who is that Vinai bloke anyway? Does anyone know anything about him? He seems to have just materialised like the Tardis and is now running stuff. Does he have any sort of track record?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Who is that Vinai bloke anyway? Does anyone know anything about him? He seems to have just materialised like the Tardis and is now running stuff. Does he have any sort of track record?
    wasn't he like head of marketing or something before hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there's a lot of sense there but my fear is of how much further we might slide if it proves that Arteta needs a few months to get the hang of things, whereas Ancellotti would i hoped have been able to get them into some kind of purposeful mentality and shape quickly - i totally get it would be a short-term approach and a longer-term one would be preferable in a lot of ways, but i'm just worried that we really are still not far away from the bottom three...
    Oh, I'm sure you'd get an instant bounce with Ancellotti - he'd make the players feel better about themselves and restore a bit of confidence - I'm just not convinced that we'd see too much more than that, and I don't think it would do anything to address the underlying problem of the culture at this club. Ultimately, we'd be sending out the message that we were just being mismanaged before, and that someone else was making everyone look stupid - that everyone was otherwise blameless, when the truth is that we've been deficient in a number of areas for a while now. The danger I see here is that it panders to the victim mentality that has taken root at this club - as soon as results start going against us (and they would eventually), everyone will simply down tools and start pointing the finger at the coach again, because nothing here is ever anyone's fault or personal responsibility.

Arteta's first 7 months, on the other hand, are probably going to be pretty brutal - even if he knows exactly what he's doing in the dugout, his appointment will put a lot of noses out of joint, and he will probably have to spend a lot of time putting out fires. But I also think we need to go through something like this as a kind of crucible moment for the club, even if it means things getting worse before they can get better again. Someone or something needs to shine a light on the low standards that have become acceptable here, and point out just how far behind our "rivals" we've slipped, and we need to know how everyone responds to hearing the truth: anyone who shows a willingness to knuckle down (and maybe even a bit of excitement for the project ahead) we can work with; anyone who chooses to pout and sulk needs to be moved on. But until we get everyone pulling in the same direction, and working towards the same collective goal again, I really can't see us ever moving the dial that far...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Oh, I'm sure you'd get an instant bounce with Ancellotti - he'd make the players feel better about themselves and restore a bit of confidence - I'm just not convinced that we'd see too much more than that, and I don't think it would do anything to address the underlying problem of the culture at this club. Ultimately, we'd be sending out the message that we were just being mismanaged before, and that someone else was making everyone look stupid - that everyone was otherwise blameless, when the truth is that we've been deficient in a number of areas for a while now. The danger I see here is that it panders to the victim mentality that has taken root at this club - as soon as results start going against us (and they would eventually), everyone will simply down tools and start pointing the finger at the coach again, because nothing here is ever anyone's fault or personal responsibility.

Arteta's first 7 months, on the other hand, are probably going to be pretty brutal - even if he knows exactly what he's doing in the dugout, his appointment will put a lot of noses out of joint, and he will probably have to spend a lot of time putting out fires. But I also think we need to go through something like this as a kind of crucible moment for the club, even if it means things getting worse before they can get better again. Someone or something needs to shine a light on the low standards that have become acceptable here, and point out just how far behind our "rivals" we've slipped, and we need to know how everyone responds to hearing the truth: anyone who shows a willingness to knuckle down (and maybe even a bit of excitement for the project ahead) we can work with; anyone who chooses to pout and sulk needs to be moved on. But until we get everyone pulling in the same direction, and working towards the same collective goal again, I really can't see us ever moving the dial that far...
    I'd go with that. IMHO people who think that we can bounce back from where we have got to with a celebrated manager are chasing a pipe dream. I don't think we are even attractive to a truly 'top ranked' manager at the moment. There is a proper, slow, rebuilding job needed at our club in terms of ethos; attitude; playing style and players to build a team around. An 'underwhelming' manager suits me TBH because it manages expectations. This is going to be a long grind, and this season is pretty much done as it is. Hopefully, Arteta, as an Arsenal man who has learned under arguably the worlds best manager will have a long term plan; knows what he wants, and has a board that will ditch the 'top four trophy' ethos that has dogged us mentally for years to allow that to happen. If Arteta can forge some backbone with our players and get us on a pathway for progression, that'll do for me.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its been confirmed that all the meedja shit about us not contacting Citeh officials is a load of made up bollocks and they have been fully aware of everything.

Who would have thought that the meedja would make shit up

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-contrary.html

Arsenal DID inform Man City about their pursuit of Mikel Arteta despite Premier League champions' claims to the contrary as Gunners prepare to announce him as their new manager

Man City had been angered by Arsenal's pursuit of their assistant coach Arteta
    They claimed Gunners had 'no contact' with them as they chase new manager
    But it has emerged Arsenal did keep City in the loop over their chase of Arteta
    The Spaniard is set to be announced as Arsenal's new manager on Friday
    I think it was in the Independent as well. City officials were asked and confirmed, they also said they had no idea where all these claims were coming from.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today is the day.

I must say I am little bit excited.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Micky Tets is coming home.