Than Mikel Arteta
    Unai Emery
    Is just a memory

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to say I thought it was the wrong choice considering the other managers that are available.

However, after reading different reports and some insights into his style and approach to coaching and also his involvement with the Citeh squad and how he has helped Pep -
    I am actually feeling very positive towards the idea.

This is a new era and I think we may be in for a shock at how well he does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubameyang's Wang View Post
    Its been confirmed that all the meedja shit about us not contacting Citeh officials is a load of made up bollocks and they have been fully aware of everything.

Who would have thought that the meedja would make shit up

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-contrary.html

I think it was in the Independent as well. City officials were asked and confirmed, they also said they had no idea where all these claims were coming from.
    i'm just glad to hear it's not true, we really could do without messing things up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Micky Tets is coming home.
    And he's bringing his hair with him.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubameyang's Wang View Post
    I have to say I thought it was the wrong choice considering the other managers that are available.

However, after reading different reports and some insights into his style and approach to coaching and also his involvement with the Citeh squad and how he has helped Pep -
    I am actually feeling very positive towards the idea.

This is a new era and I think we may be in for a shock at how well he does.
    Yes - particularly interesting to hear from the likes of Raheem Sterling how Arteta has improved his game...

Feeling excited/positive myself...
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d say I’m more intrigued than excited, I think there’s so much work to be done with this bunch of losers we call a team. The season is probably a write off so he has 6 months to weed out the shit and hopefully put his own marker down for next summer.

Just glad this nonsense is over and done with and we can hopefully look forward a bit of stability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    I'd go with that. IMHO people who think that we can bounce back from where we have got to with a celebrated manager are chasing a pipe dream. I don't think we are even attractive to a truly 'top ranked' manager at the moment. There is a proper, slow, rebuilding job needed at our club in terms of ethos; attitude; playing style and players to build a team around. An 'underwhelming' manager suits me TBH because it manages expectations. This is going to be a long grind, and this season is pretty much done as it is. Hopefully, Arteta, as an Arsenal man who has learned under arguably the worlds best manager will have a long term plan; knows what he wants, and has a board that will ditch the 'top four trophy' ethos that has dogged us mentally for years to allow that to happen. If Arteta can forge some backbone with our players and get us on a pathway for progression, that'll do for me.
    You know... we might well have been able to bounce back [by bringing in a celebrated manager], but bounce back to where? Would it create the necessary pressure and urgency to really push beyond our also-ran status, or would it just give the owner, the executive team and the players someone to hide behind if/when it starts to go wrong?

The good thing about this appointment for me is that there'll be no hiding place for the men in charge - they know they're hiring a rookie, and that heads will roll if it goes wrong, so they'll have no choice but to back him. I've heard a lot of talk of Arteta being a yes man for Raul, but I wouldn't be surprised if the opposite ended up being the case - Raul and co have really put their necks on the block here in a way that they wouldn't have done with a safer hire, and they desperately need this to work, so I can see Arteta actually having quite a bit of power.

Another thing I like about it is the instant working relationship and strong lines of communication there would be between Arteta and Mertesacker at the Academy (especially if we retain Freddie in his role as a facilitator between the two for young players) - I'm hoping we might start to see some real joined-up thinking between what the first team needs and what the academy is producing. Plus it's another Arsenal man in a key position - if these guys and Edu can all get on the same page then I might actually start to have some faith that the club is being run by people who actually care about it (at least on the footballing side).

The fact that Arteta will be putting his own team together for the first time is also a plus for me - that gives us an opportunity to hire for the club and our particular needs / challenges as well hiring for the coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I’d say I’m more intrigued than excited, I think there’s so much work to be done with this bunch of losers we call a team. The season is probably a write off so he has 6 months to weed out the shit and hopefully put his own marker down for next summer.

Just glad this nonsense is over and done with and we can hopefully look forward a bit of stability.
    Its going to take a lot longer than 6 months to get rid of all the shit that Arsenal have and don't forget that Elneny and Mickey will be back in the summer.

He has a massive, enormous, huge and gigantic job to get rid of all the shit and to get Arsenal defending properly.

He deserves a chance but it would be a big job for any manager with this bunch of idiots and I hope he is brutal with Ozil, Luiz, Mustafi, Sokratis and maybe Xhaka and a few others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nervously excited, but also a little terrified - hope we get the right support team around him quickly.

This is basically an 8 month pre-season now - we just need to not get relegated while we work through the initial culture shock and upheaval! If we can make it through to the summer window without completely imploding then I think we'll be in a good place to move forward...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    Its going to take a lot longer than 6 months to get rid of all the shit that Arsenal have and don't forget that Elneny and Mickey will be back in the summer.

He has a massive, enormous, huge and gigantic job to get rid of all the shit and to get Arsenal defending properly.

He deserves a chance but it would be a big job for any manager with this bunch of idiots and I hope he is brutal with Ozil, Luiz, Mustafi, Sokratis and maybe Xhaka and a few others.
    Rumours going around that half the squad want to leave - if that's true then this hire has already been invaluable!