User Tag List

Page 115 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1181

Thread: The next manager..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got to say I feel no excitement at this appointment, never really liked him much as a player and i'm underwhelmed by the fact he's never managed and the only reason he's even in with a chance is that some of his friends have spoken up for him.

Guess we'll see what he does, but I don't see our top players sticking around either, as appointing a guy with no experience is hardly going to convince them to stay.

Personally think this is too big a gamble and that the chances of it being a success are quite small, for me though he's not getting 6 months, I expect to see an improvement in results and a system very quickly, he's not getting time like Emery did, it's not our fault the club decided to employ a rookie, so I won't be treating him any different.

He needs to win the EL IMO as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A year and a half wasted just to get to the same place, but oh well, let's get behind him and see if, by some miracle, he can polish this turd into something that resembles a professional sports team.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be happy if we can just see some increase in footballing standards by the end of this season i.e:
    - Have a midfield and defense that does not look like a deer in headlights the moment a ball is passed to them
    - Improvement in defense
    - Better off the ball movement
    - Get rid of some of the deadwood (Mustafi, Sokratis, Ozil, Xhaka) and give the youngsters a chance to shine (Saka, ESR, Willock)
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    A year and a half wasted just to get to the same place, but oh well, let's get behind him and see if, by some miracle, he can polish this turd into something that resembles a professional sports team.
    I suspect that if this doesn't work out (I fully expect it won't), we'll move onto the next Spanish manager we were linked with Marcelino.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be happy if:

- We play fast paced counter attacking football
    - Never see Xhaka or Mustafi in the Arsenal team ever again
    - He picks the right team
    - The defence improves
    - Players play in their natural roles
    - We can play high press football like Liverpool do
    - We win the EL
    - Get rid of the deadwood
    - Sign some decent players for a change
    - Martinelli gets lots of game time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i want to believe in it but like the rest of you I'm not exactly grinning from ear to ear and for me i'd still have preferred Ancellotti right now.

but let's hope he really is an undiscovered gem of a manager - err, sorry, 'head coach'...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting to see what kind of coaching team he’ll bring with him. I wouldn’t be surprised if it is made up of rookies as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think things will start to improve now, but I don't think we'll see the immediate 'bounce' effect that you often get with a new coach - in fact I wouldn't be surprised if it's outright civil war until the end of the January window!

So be it though - the sooner we find out who's committed and who's just here for a free lunch the better.