User Tag List

Page 13 of 119 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: The next manager..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds as if it might be Vieira. AFCamden tweeted the next manager will be Vieira then deleted the tweet, but posted a picture of Paddy with Wenger afterwards. He has solid contacts at the club so unless he's on a wind up then it could well be Paddy taking the reigns next.

I think Gazidis might be lured into trying to find the next Pep and dining off that for the rest of his life, it seems to be the norm nowadays trying to find the next up and coming Pep. Plus I get the feeling Ivan also likes the fact he'd be appointing a black manager... being the first to give an opportunity for a BAME candidate at an elite club and the plaudits that would give. Fits in with the whole cosmopolitan look we try to give off.

It would be one risky move and I don't like the idea of someone inexperienced taking over but I'd prefer him to Arteta. I see Arteta as another yes man with no backbone whatsoever, whereas at least Vieira has managed and has some backbone. Plus I think he'd sort the defensive side of our team out.

Not ideal but I can deffo see it happening.
    Last edited by Cripps; 23-04-2018 at 08:26 PM.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guys on the Tuesday club were saying that the only reason why Ivan rates Arteta so highly is that allegedly Arteta once bought him a watch.

I really like to think that Ivan's professional enough to not let that influence his decision making.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    Sounds as if it might be Vieira. AFCamden tweeted the next manager will be Vieira then deleted the tweet, but posted a picture of Paddy with Wenger afterwards. He has solid contacts at the club so unless he's on a wind up then it could well be Paddy taking the reigns next.

I think Gazidis might be lured into trying to find the next Pep and dining off that for the rest of his life, it seems to be the norm nowadays trying to find the next up and coming Pep. Plus I get the feeling Ivan also likes the fact he'd be appointing a black manager... being the first to give an opportunity for a BAME candidate at an elite club and the plaudits that would give. Fits in with the whole cosmopolitan look we try to give off.

It would be one risky move and I don't like the idea of someone inexperienced taking over but I'd prefer him to Arteta. I see Arteta as another yes man with no backbone whatsoever, whereas at least Vieira has managed and has some backbone. Plus I think he'd sort the defensive side of our team out.

Not ideal but I can deffo see it happening.
    Of all the rookie candidates I think I’d prefer Vieira the most.

Though that isn’t really anything to do with his coaching ability as I don’t follow MLS but more to do with how I perceive his personality to be and what kind of a captain he was.

Henry is a joker and Arteta as you say is a yes man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Well I guess I would take him over Henry and he is learning from Pep but still ........... it's far too risky at this stage. The priority has to be re-establishing ourselves back into the top four and closing the gap that's emerged between us and the others.

We simply can't afford to take any gambles.

He's currently number two to the best manager in the world who just won the league at a canter. Don't think he'll leave them just to be number two here. Has to be the top job or he stays there as long as Pep's around at least.
    How much do you think he could have learned as an assistant coach in such a short period? He'd have to be exceptional to make such a transition in such a short space of time. Super coach material. If that's the case, whoever didn't notice his qualities whilst at Arsenal should be shot. They'd have never have let him leave Arsenal.

I think Arteta may have the potential but not just yet.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    How much do you think he could have learned as an assistant coach in such a short period? He'd have to be exceptional to make such a transition in such a short space of time. Super coach material. If that's the case, whoever didn't notice his qualities whilst at Arsenal should be shot. They'd have never have let him leave Arsenal.

I think Arteta may have the potential but not just yet.
    Probably quite a lot. From everything that's been said he's a very intelligent person who planned out his post career early on, getting his coaching badges done early, networking with the right people (remember that image after the Bayern game two seasons ago when we beat them at home where he was captured talking to Pep post the game - wouldn't be surprised if that's when he struck up the relationship) and established deep ambassadorial roots at Arsenal when he was club captain (noted that he went above and beyond the call of duty - going out of his way to welcome Alexis & Gabriel to the club and helping them settle in England - probably why Ivan & the board really like him).

However there's one thing studying and acquiring knowledge, it's another thing actually implementing it in practise. Remember AVB? Learned under Mourinho yet it never worked out for him in England.

And tbf to the club, I think we actually offered him a role at the club once he retired. It's more that the opportunity to work with Pep was far more appealing than sticking around with the old man ...... you can't really blame him for that, especially as he doesn't have the same deep rooted association with the club like other ex-players.

And I completely agree. I think there's a likely a very good coach in there but it's way too early to tell right now and it's far too risky for us given the shitty situation we're in (we absolutely can not afford to go THREE years without CL football). Even though Vieira is the less riskier and more sensible option (out of the ex-players) I can't help thinking that there's potentially a higher ceiling & reward with Arteta if he does turn out to be the next Pep.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if he gets offered the Man City role in two years. The thing with Pep is that he usually doesn't stick around for too long at one club and given the intensity of his coaching he usually gets exhausted after a while. Though Man City unlike us, can afford to take a punt of him given their recent success and the money they have. Maybe that's why Ivan is so keen ..... snap him up before he's lost to City forever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arteta has never even managed a club. He shouldn't be anywhere near the list of candidates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arteta one day maybe, but not yet. Luis Enrique, Ancelotti or Allegri would be favourable. I really hope we don't suffer the same way United have done post Fergie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope its not Enrique, he looks like a giant tortoise having a tricky shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    Arteta has never even managed a club. He shouldn't be anywhere near the list of candidates.
    But! he has nice hair lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sky Italy reporting that Ancelotti has been offered the Italy job