Page 14 of 119 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: The next manager..

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    Sounds as if it might be Vieira. AFCamden tweeted the next manager will be Vieira then deleted the tweet, but posted a picture of Paddy with Wenger afterwards. He has solid contacts at the club so unless he's on a wind up then it could well be Paddy taking the reigns next.

I think Gazidis might be lured into trying to find the next Pep and dining off that for the rest of his life, it seems to be the norm nowadays trying to find the next up and coming Pep. Plus I get the feeling Ivan also likes the fact he'd be appointing a black manager... being the first to give an opportunity for a BAME candidate at an elite club and the plaudits that would give. Fits in with the whole cosmopolitan look we try to give off.

It would be one risky move and I don't like the idea of someone inexperienced taking over but I'd prefer him to Arteta. I see Arteta as another yes man with no backbone whatsoever, whereas at least Vieira has managed and has some backbone. Plus I think he'd sort the defensive side of our team out.

Not ideal but I can deffo see it happening.
    Either of those would be an awful choice.

I have no interest in even debating whether Paddy or Arteta would be any good - because let's be honest - they won't be.

Neither are experienced enough to get us back on track to where we need to be.

We need a proper Manager with experience - preferably with winning things.

There is no point in everyone seeing the decline of Wenger and him finally leaving, to then pin our hopes on a manager who might be 'ok'
    Last edited by KSE Comedy Club; 24-04-2018 at 10:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spot on. It would be worse than Moyes managing Utd. At least he had experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also with Arteta I don't really like the fact that many in the squad would have played with him too. I don't think it makes for being much of an authority figure when you've previously been a peer of those you are instructing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    Spot on. It would be worse than Moyes managing Utd. At least he had experience.
    Yep. The equivalent of Utd hiring Giggs or one of the Neville brothers for the job. It would be a disaster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubameyang's Wang View Post
    Either of those would be an awful choice.

I have no interest in even debating whether Paddy or Arteta would be any good - because let's be honest - they won't be.

Neither are experienced enough to get us back on track to where we need to be.

We need a proper Manager with experience - preferably with winning things.

There is no point in everyone seeing the decline of Wenger and him finally leaving, to then pin our hopes on a manager who might be 'ok'
    the problem is that you have no real idea if anyone is going to be good at managing arsenal. there is no guarantee. I don't mind who the next manager is as long as they are given a fair chance. The worry is if the rumours of a £50m "warchest" are true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    the problem is that you have no real idea if anyone is going to be good at managing arsenal. there is no guarantee. I don't mind who the next manager is as long as they are given a fair chance. The worry is if the rumours of a £50m "warchest" are true.
    I don't think they are true, the club wouldn't be silly enough to leek this prior to wanting to appoint a new manager.

It's within there interest to keep this kind of stuff quiet...well at least throughout the negotiation stage.

Sure we don't have the budget of the Manchester Clubs or Chelsea or arguably even Liverpool now....but we are by no means broke.

50million budget is West Ham level, not a side that finishes top 6, makes a fair whack from gate receipts and has up until recently been a regular top 4 side whilst not spending much money net.

We are top 8 in the Forbes rich list of clubs Globally, or at least were up until last season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have spent a fair bit lately for our standards so I wouldn't be surprised if we are somewhat capped with what we can spend. Ozil, Auba and Laca are on huge contracts comparable to anything the Manchester clubs and Chelsea pay their stars.

Possibly without the added bonus of CL revenue as well I don't anticipate we will be dropping huge sums of money this summer.

Wenger blew the lot over the past few years with not much return.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 24-04-2018 at 12:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ancelotti for me, with a former player as assistant be that Henry or Arteta or whomever. Was worried he was too old but apparently only 58!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavs View Post
    Ancelotti for me, with a former player as assistant be that Henry or Arteta or whomever. Was worried he was too old but apparently only 58!
    Think I want somebody a bit younger and fresher than Ancelotti. Unless he'll be just there to get us over the initial period of change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    We have spent a fair bit lately for our standards so I wouldn't be surprised if we are somewhat capped with what we can spend. Ozil, Auba and Laca are on huge contracts comparable to anything the Manchester clubs and Chelsea pay their stars.

Possibly without the added bonus of CL revenue as well I don't anticipate we will be dropping huge sums of money this money.

Wenger blew the lot over the past few years with not much return.
    Aye, I definitely think we are capped so to speak...just not sure of the validity of the 50million budget. 50million gets you a top class emerging player in the current market. We basically need to rebuild Central Defence, need a New Keeper and arguably at least one Central Midfielder. I appreciate we can shift the likes of Mustafi, Xhaka and maybe Ramsey (who has so far not signed his contract), but aside from Ramsey...we won't be getting much money in for the other two.