User Tag List

Page 15 of 119 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: The next manager..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    We have spent a fair bit lately for our standards so I wouldn't be surprised if we are somewhat capped with what we can spend. Ozil, Auba and Laca are on huge contracts comparable to anything the Manchester clubs and Chelsea pay their stars.

Possibly without the added bonus of CL revenue as well I don't anticipate we will be dropping huge sums of money this summer.

Wenger blew the lot over the past few years with not much return.
    We'll most likely have to sell before we can buy. Would make sense for the new manager to want to the current squads strengths and weaknesses for himself before going crazy in the transfer market.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They need to have somebody soon and agree terms so he can start the job from the back seat now, observing and such.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still have that horrible feeling they will go for Eddie Howe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would not mind Ancelotti, but either Conte or Allegri would be better.

If they appoint Henry, Vieira or Arteta then that would be a major disappointment, even Rodgers would be better than any of them.

Arsenal need a top manager, someone who is established, not up and coming.

I wonder if the board are capable of getting the right man.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The more I read up about him, the more I am starting to put Enrique as my first choice.

He is a no nonsense manager and likes to play a direct, pacy, attacking game. Plus he has experience and titles under his belt.

I genuinely believe he would be able to handle the job with aplomb.

2nd choice would be Low.

3rd choice Allegri.

Outside chance Simeone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do people make of the rumors about Gazidis basically firing Wenger after years of hiding behind him? that press conference last week was cringeworthy where he went on about Wenger being the greatest ever and how difficult it will be to replace him. If he was so good and replacing him is so tough, why are you getting rid of him? i get thats what he's supposed to say but i just find the whole situation weird.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    What do people make of the rumors about Gazidis basically firing Wenger after years of hiding behind him? that press conference last week was cringeworthy where he went on about Wenger being the greatest ever and how difficult it will be to replace him. If he was so good and replacing him is so tough, why are you getting rid of him? i get thats what he's supposed to say but i just find the whole situation weird.
    That press conference was for show to cover up the fact that they have forced Wenger to fuck off. It made perfect sense to big him up and dribble over him, he is the last long serving manager so there are some plaudits there to be spoken about.

Otherwise Ivan would have had to come out and say "he is shit and we are glad he's leaving or he would have been fired"

I don't buy the rumours either, we all know Wenger had too much power at the club and Ivan probably didn't have the chance to have a voice until Wenger started fucking up so much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon gunnersaurus forced wenger out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you mix all the journo speculation into one pot it sounds like Wenger picked up on the intent to let him go at the end of the season so jumped before he was pushed. His reason for going, the fans spoiling the image of the club, is bullshit of course because he wasn't worried about that at the end of last season when he wrangled his new contract by bypassing the board. The public face put on by all parties is standard stuff. I bet it's frosty behind the scenes though.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sky have no clue.

Ralf Rangnik is the contender now