Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At last, a proper option.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to think that Gazidis have identified a proper ‘top 3 candidates’ that we are seriously considering offering the position to.

All these outsiders and unproven talents smacks of the type of shit we would look at but if we want to be at the top of our game as a club again, then they wouldn’t be seriously considered?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    What do people make of the rumors about Gazidis basically firing Wenger after years of hiding behind him? that press conference last week was cringeworthy where he went on about Wenger being the greatest ever and how difficult it will be to replace him. If he was so good and replacing him is so tough, why are you getting rid of him? i get thats what he's supposed to say but i just find the whole situation weird.
    Bullshit on Gazidis. Kroenke called in his son for a reason. Wenger was found out. Before the sponsorship deals, it was the Board taking all the blame for Wenger's failings. Wenger would constantly deflect the attention away from the fact we couldn't defend, the lack of heart and fight from the players, basically everything that happened on the pitch between 2005-2013 he'd say was down to lacking funds and others having more money to spend.

For a long time, the press and fans would ignore hallmark defiences that were common in every single team Wenger built after the Invincibles. It took a long time for the fans to see the pattern, it soon became clear that the players had enough, especially with the leaks from the dressing room about poor training and development sessions and it's taken Gazidis employing people with real modern day footballing knowledge and experience to weaknen Wenger's position.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    What do people make of the rumors about Gazidis basically firing Wenger after years of hiding behind him? that press conference last week was cringeworthy where he went on about Wenger being the greatest ever and how difficult it will be to replace him. If he was so good and replacing him is so tough, why are you getting rid of him? i get thats what he's supposed to say but i just find the whole situation weird.
    Don't think they're rumours given all we've found out and Wenger's tetchy comments. And I wouldn't say he was hiding, more that he didn't really have the power to do anything until now when Kroenke finally gave the ok. To his credit he did attempt a move to oust Wenger last year and also was responsible for gradually diminishing his power and appointing the infrastructure that will allow us to finally transition away from him.

And that's just standard PR guff and to honour Wenger's service. He couldn't exactly say, "fuck off Wenger, we'll easily find a replacement for you".

At any rate, given that Wenger is gone and his power vanished, from here onwards everything that happens to the club he's fully responsible & accountable for. I actually quite rate Gazidis so I'm kind of optimistic that'll be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aubameyang's Wang View Post
    Sky have no clue.

Ralf Rangnik is the contender now
    Literally who?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on the profile the club is looking for when it replaces him…
    I think that process starts today. What I will say is that it’s important to me that we continue the football values that Arsene has instilled in the club. I want to see somebody who can continue that for our fans, and our fans want to see that. Somebody who will continue to play exciting, progressive football that gets people interested and excited in the games we play. But I also think there is a significant piece with Arsenal Football Club of how the candidate represents the club. That’s important to me and I think it’s important to Arsenal fans. Those qualities… you mentioned again, ‘replace Arsene’, but that’s not going to happen. But what we have to do is that we don’t lose his qualities and his values within the club, and that we take them forward. I’m absolutely committed to doing that.

on the criteria for a new manager…
    We have to go through that process. There is another value which I didn’t talk about which is young players. Our academy teams are doing extremely well and under the radar we have got a lot of players coming through into our first team, not just ones that you already know about but the next generation as well. So that value of giving youth a chance is also very important to the football club. I think we have got to be open-minded and also brave in the decision. When Arsene was appointed, I don’t think he was on many people’s radar screens. That doesn’t mean we have to make another appointment that not everybody is thinking about and talking about but it does mean we need to be bold and get the person we believe is the right person.

Based on the above you can pretty much rule out Simeone thank God......so I don't know why his name is still getting a mention.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think everyone’s name is getting a mention at this moment. You can get Letters at 500/1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since he said that though....those hoping for someone like Simeone should let that go. Gazidis will look even more foolish than in the past if we then go out and sign some jumped up Mourinho bore us to tears style manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I think everyone’s name is getting a mention at this moment. You can get Letters at 500/1.
    Letters OUT!!!! NQ IN!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Since he said that though....those hoping for someone like Simeone should let that go. Gazidis will look even more foolish than in the past if we then go out and sign some jumped up Mourinho bore us to tears style manager.
    On the contrary, our fanbase out of any fanbase of any PL would be the most appreciative of someone who could actually organise a defence and win dirty after years of not being able to do that under Wenger.

As much as I want him, I don't think Ivan would be interested (assuming he was available) not because of his style of play but more because he's not someone they can really control.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d love Simeone’s warrior like qualities, we all know our team could do with a bit of that.

He’s more of a Chelsea manager though. Win at all costs is not a mantra embraced at Arsenal, rightly or wrongly.