Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    He's managing now
    I mean a proper team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    By "everyone" do you mean "some internet twats"?

Vieira doesn't have the experience at this level, IMO.
    yeah i mean people of the internet.

I just think 6th is as low as we are going to go and any manager coming in will only be able to take us to 4th place at best in new few years. We aren't going to spend the money to really challenge United and City. Klopp is a few years in at Liverpool and only a top keeper away from challenging for the title. So Vieira could bed in next year or so and does playing Champions League football really matter beyond the finances. Rather get to a Europa league final than the last 16 of the CL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    I would give Vieira a go. .

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pep thinks that Enrique is “an amazing and excellent manager”

That’s all the endorsement we need, surely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Luis Enrique has requested £200m to spend this summer, something chief executive Ivan Gazidis is against, making the Spaniard becoming Arsenal manager very complicated. [@Kike_Marin_] #afc https://t.co/S2uUHJc7OP

He realises we need a major overhaul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we want a top manager, that is probably the size of budget we’ll have to offer.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most managers will want a big budget with play with. There really aren’t many now who can operate on a shoestring and there certainly aren’t many bargains to be had such is the quality of scouting in the game now. You have to act fast and hard with the cash to get who you want.

Wenger was of his time, armed with his exclusive knowledge of French talent. Managers these days all know as much as each other.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 28-04-2018 at 09:27 PM.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should be able to offer £200m for this summer. We have the money and this is a new era.

We need to wipe the slate clean and rebuild the squad to make it competitive again - £200m is about the right kind of money that we need to spend to do that, it’s obvious.

One big blow out this summer, to put us back on the map, should be expected and the bare minimum if we are to become great again.
    Gazidis can’t be that stupid to think that a measly budget will turn us around?

That billionaire owner of ours needs to wake up and put his fucking hand in his pocket or let Usmanov put some dollar in, just for now, just this once, just to help steady the ship and turn things around.

Two shirt buttons and a bit of string won’t cut it anymore, we need more than Everton’s budget to sort us out.

Any credible, top manager coming in will want similar assurances or what is the point? We might as well have kept Wenger if we have no ambition to move onwards and upwards.

However, all this being said, Kike Marin is never right and talks a lot of shit
    Last edited by KSE Comedy Club; 28-04-2018 at 09:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that how managers do it? Request a cash amount? Seems far more likely they have a list of players they want to sign and leave the financials to the board. Who would pitch up at a job interview asking for 200 million quid? It's a vision for the progress of the team that would be required, not a request for a lump sum and a shopping trolley.

So bullshit story I would think. Besides, there's so much room for improvement over Wenger's dilapidated methods a new manager would have to get in there and see what he already has. The top managers know Wenger is shit. They know how big this club is and how much potential is there. Five minutes with the defence will improve it beyond anything Wenger was ever capable of.

I don't expect to see any dramatic overhaul or huge expenditure in the first year.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Is that how managers do it? Request a cash amount? Seems far more likely they have a list of players they want to sign and leave the financials to the board. Who would pitch up at a job interview asking for 200 million quid? It's a vision for the progress of the team that would be required, not a request for a lump sum and a shopping trolley.

So bullshit story I would think. Besides, there's so much room for improvement over Wenger's dilapidated methods a new manager would have to get in there and see what he already has. The top managers know Wenger is shit. They know how big this club is and how much potential is there. Five minutes with the defence will improve it beyond anything Wenger was ever capable of.

I don't expect to see any dramatic overhaul or huge expenditure in the first year.
    Yeah, they’ll have a list of players.

And unless they’ve been living in Pyeongchang, they’ll have an idea how much the Club will have to stump up.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.