User Tag List

Page 35 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: The next manager..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it doesn't really bother me who the next manager is as there is no guarantee of success for anyone new, so it will actually just be nice having someone else to moan about when things go wrong. the aim for next season should be to win the Europa league and/or compete for the title up until April/May. I don't expect us to win the league as we have too many defensive and midfield issues to resolve this will take time beyond just bringing in new players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly. Even just having something different to moan about is something to look forward to.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coaches Peyton, Banfield and Bibbo have left the club.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here come the Rui Faria rumours now he has left Man Utd (Mourinho really).

Wenger.

Tearing down the management structures of other clubs with his departure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Coaches Peyton, Banfield and Bibbo have left the club.
    Funny nicknames for team buses - at least i assume they are team buses as clearly the club gave up on coaching players some years ago...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ornstein:

Manchester City assistant coach Mikel Arteta is one of a number of options being considered by Arsenal as their new manager.

Spaniard Arteta, who made 150 appearances for the Gunners and captained the side, took up a coaching role at City in 2016.

However, the club is not close to making an appointment yet.

Also among those contacted by Arsenal during the process is another of their former captains, Patrick Vieira.

The club remains confident of naming a successor before the World Cup begins on 14 June.

Once a decision has been made by chief executive Ivan Gazidis, head of football relations Raul Sanllehi and head of recruitment Sven Mislintat, the trio will present their recommendation to Arsenal's board of directors for approval.

Wenger will take charge of Arsenal for the final time on Sunday against Huddersfield, after almost 22 years in the role.

Ex-Barcelona coach Luis Enrique has been linked with the job, along with Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri.

One ex-Arsenal player definitely returning to the club this summer is Freddie Ljungberg. A deal has been done for the Swede to take charge of one of the youth teams on a permanent basis.

Analysis
    My sense from speaking to people inside and outside the club is that Arsenal are conducting a very detailed and diligent recruitment process.

Those with direct and indirect knowledge have commended the way in which the Gunners hierarchy are going about their business.

They seem acutely aware of how important a decision this is, but also that it is complex, could well divide opinion and brings with it no guarantee of success.

Their priority is to make the right decision, rather than a quick one, though time is obviously of the essence given the World Cup starts in fewer than five weeks and the transfer window, which opens on 17 May, closes on 9 August.

The favourite for the job with bookmakers and many fans and pundits is Allegri, but Arteta is firmly in the mix, and although these two appear to be the frontrunners, I get the feeling other names are in the frame.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'd get an easier time from Ornstein & Smough; another article that list everybody as possible.

Well great work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what i remember, Not every player got on well with Arteta when he was captain, plus his lack of managerial experience makes him a risky choice.

Some one like Allegri would earn everyone's respect straight away, his personality, track record and winning mentality would be perfect for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm getting worried about the Arteta idea, the idea that someone completely untried as a manager could do the Arsenal job is ridiculous

We need someone with the track record and stature to give ozil etc a kick up the arse and chop out the deadwood without sympathy

I'm concerned the club are scared of another big ego and will prioritise someone they think they can control, rather than someone who can definitely get us back on track quickly