User Tag List

Page 44 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: The next manager..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing for sure, if by some miracle, Arteta turns out to be a masterstroke appointment, Arsenal FC would be...... by far the greatest team the world has ever seen!

This would be unprecedented. Would change football management much in the same way Wenger's introduction to the Prem changed football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i do think whoever the next appointment will be, we do need to get a move on before other teams start ditching their managers Chelsea, West Ham, Everton etc and add competition to the manager appointee merry-go-round

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arteta was interviewed once when he was still with us and he had this to say:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those words could have come out of Wengers mouth....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Talking about what they did as a player and attributing that to a managerial role is as irrelevant as what they do as an assistant.
    Very true, but a manager needs to have something about him, Arteta never seemed to display this certain something, whether it be a ruthless streak, some sort of ability to lead, motivate or tactical awarenes or a desire to win that superseeds everything else.

He just seemed like some nice guy that blended into the background without ever standing out, that's what worries me.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Exactly what I thought!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubameyang's Wang View Post
    Yes we can sack him if it goes belly up early on, but the problem then is, who might we have missed out on in the meantime?

Can we really afford another year or two of uncertainty and possibly, disaster ?

I would have to say - no we can’t.

I would hope that ‘penny pinching’ isn’t part of the legacy that Wenger leaves behind

I think we can all say that Arteta is only being looked at because he works with Pep.
    If he were somewhere else he wouldn’t even be in the running.

That really concerns me.
    It concerns me too. I think potentially Arteta could become a good / great manager but he shouldn't be given his audition here at Arsenal.

We are at a point where a fair bit of work needs to be done with the squad both from a player recruitment and mentality perspective.

Is Arteta, fresh out of kindergarten ready to come in and shake things up? Does he have the experience?

Don't get me wrong if we appoint him I will support him but I have major concerns over whether he is ready for the job, in the future maybe...but right now? Hmmm.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Nah, that part about giving 120% or you're out could never have come from Wenger. You just said Merts should have been sold ages ago and we've seen the amount of chances Ozil, Iwobi, Mustafi and Bellerin have racked up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    It concerns me too. I think potentially Arteta could become a good / great manager but he shouldn't be given his audition here at Arsenal.

We are at a point where a fair bit of work needs to be done with the squad both from a player recruitment and mentality perspective.

Is Arteta, fresh out of kindergarten ready to come in and shake things up? Does he have the experience?

Don't get me wrong if we appoint him I will support him but I have major concerns over whether he is ready for the job, in the future maybe...but right now? Hmmm.....
    One positive, he knows most of the players well enough and who to keep and who to ship out straight away if they don't sort their lives outs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post

The problem is the likes of Enrique and Allegri are unattainable for various reasons (Enrique wants too much money and Allegri says he will stay at Juve) and the Hoffenheim manager will also be staying where he is which makes our choices very limited.

Im very skeptical about Arteta, he might have potential (Pep wouldnt have hired him as his number 2 if he wasnt any good) but no way is he ready for a job like this.